INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View sorting  (Read 1764 times)

bil1010105

• World Citizen
Theatre View sorting
« on: December 20, 2007, 04:06:15 pm »

Okay, I am stumped.  ?

I've created a media library with all my videos (TV shows ripped from DVD mostly). I've tagged them all with Series, Season and Track #. I've created a view scheme with this setting, and sorting by those fields in order. It works great in Standard View.

In Theatre View, it always sorts in alphabetical order on [Name] or [Episode]. Is there any way to change this? I've searched the forum, and whilst others have had this problem in previous builds, none of their solutions worked for me.

In short, I want to sort by Series, then Season, then Track # in Theatre View. Is there a way?

bil1010105

• World Citizen
Re: Theatre View sorting
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 08:20:15 am »

Obviously not....  :'(

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 08:38:12 am »

I'm pretty sure there is... I figured out my sorting a long while ago for Theater View, and now I don't really remember how I did it.

In the Video section of Theater View, what do you have the View button set to?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

bil1010105

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 09:01:18 am »

Hi glynor,

View button is set to the view scheme of Series / Season / Track # that I set up in Standard view.

I've tried others (including 'Video') but they all sort by alphabetical order.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 10:16:47 am »

Could someone who knows for sure (such as one of you JRiver folks) please comment on this.  I'm happy to write it up and add it to the Wiki.  I cold systematically figure it out (and will if no one answers) but I'm pretty busy with the holidays, so it'd save time if anyone knows where we stand currenty on this issue.

How does the Sorting in Theater View work, exactly?

Likewise, since this comes up regularly, I sincerely wonder why the sorting is so difficult to work with.  Why doesn't Theater View just follow whatever sorting is used in the same Standard View View Schemes??  This seems like it'd make sense and solve all of these questions.  Plus, for "simplification" you could apply built-in sorting to all of the built-in Theater View Views (the presets under the View button).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 10:57:40 am »

I believe there is a bug in sorting in theater view, too.  I have a search list as my Video view scheme and it is set to sort by [Name] --in the Edit View Scheme page.  The items under search terms are not sorted correctly!  They should be sorted by name but are sorted in a seemingly random order.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 04:36:46 pm »

In Theatre View, it always sorts in alphabetical order on [Name] or [Episode]. Is there any way to change this? I've searched the forum, and whilst others have had this problem in previous builds, none of their solutions worked for me.

I don't know if someone's tried this with you already but...

Right click on the view scheme name and select "Edit view shceme...". Under "Step 4: Pick files to show", add whatever sorting rule you want here. Use the wizard for this or simply type in whatever you like, for example: "~sort=[Date],[Name]" would sort all files by date then name.

This is how I apply the same sorting rules for both standard and theater view schemes and it seems to work fine.

Thanks
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

bil1010105

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 03:20:49 am »

Sorry raym, but that's not the answer. Maybe it should be, but it isn't.

I have my sort fields set to:

~sort=[Series],[Season],[track #]

Which works in Standard View exactly as it should. Either by design or due to a bug, it has never worked in Theatre View. I've even tried specifying each sort field individually like so:

~sort=[Series], ~sort=[Season], ~sort=[track #]

to see if that made any difference. But alas, no.  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up