INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cover art when i add to the library  (Read 1191 times)

afail

• Recent member
cover art when i add to the library
« on: December 21, 2007, 10:30:59 am »

Since version 10 or 11, media center insists on putting one random piece of cover art into every mp3 i import.  why is this? how do i turn it off?  i have to manually do a remove cover art to get rid of it.

SwellGuy

Re: cover art when i add to the library
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 11:01:08 am »

Are you importing them or ripping them?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 11:07:09 am »

You must have many files in a directory with one folder.jpg file.  folder.jpg is Microsoft's method and it doesn't work unless the files in that directory are only those that should be associated with the folder.jpg.

You can use MC's Tools/Library Tools/Rename files from properties to move them to separate folders for each album.  Try a few before you do very many.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 11:11:30 am »

During import MC checks for image files named as folder.jpg or [Artist] - [Album].jpg in the audio file folder or in the defined cover art location (Options > File Location > Cover Art).

If MC finds a matching image file it creates a cover art link. In case the folder contains only one image file MC creates a link despite how the file is named.

You may want to check the Image File field contents for finding the linked file. (Add the field to AW>Tag or add the Image File column to a details view.)

Window Media Player can create hidden image files in the file folder. For deleting these files you may need to change the Windows Explorer options to show hidden and system files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up