INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Short Tutorial: Theater View video sub type scheme with caption  (Read 1906 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Short Tutorial: Theater View video sub type scheme with caption
« on: January 12, 2008, 02:43:53 pm »

I started out with video in MC about 6-8 months ago. At that time I never thought I could make it work in the exact way I wanted it to. At least not regarding view schemes and different levels of depth of each category. But I was dead wrong. At least when it comes to Theater View.

I wanted it to look like this

It includes Audio caption as well. Also differs the output if the series have name or not.
To make the text show the same as above I used this expression (enter it under under Tools -> Options -> Theater View - Advanced -> File Caption):

Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([Media Type], Audio),[Name] - [Artist] - /([Album]/)   //   Rating: [Rating],If(IsEqual([Video Type], Series),If(IsEmpty([Name]),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/) - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Video Type], Music Videos),If(IsEmpty([Artists]),[Artist] - [Name],[Artists] - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Video Type], Conserts),[Artist] - [Name],[Name]))))
That's the text. Now I needed to make the different levels of the video sub types right.
I started with a new View Scheme under Video called "Theater Video".

(For this example I have used a custom library field called "Video Type" wich includes Series, Music Videos, Movies etc. The following steps include this field)

Step 1. Adding View Items:
Add item with the custom field you just made (Video Type).
Add item and set the type to expression. The expression should include the following:
If(IsEqual([Video Type], Series),[Series],[Artist])Step 2. Name it what you want
Step 3. Make sure you select Show in Theater View
Step 4. To get the sorting right (at least the way I like it), you need the following:
[Media Type]=[Video] ~sort=[Series],[Season],[Episode],[Artist],[Name]
That should be it. It's been a long time since I first put it together, so just tell me if somethings off...
Hope someone find this usefull!
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Short Tutorial: Theater View video sub type scheme with caption
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 07:02:58 pm »

FYI - I use "Genre, Artist, Album" for categorising all of my Videos, and so far for the 850+ Video Files I've only need to populate the values as follows to make the organisation work nice and logically for my familly to use:
Genre: "Home Videos", "Movies", "Music Videos", or "TV Series"
Artist: I use this for Music Videos (eg just like Audio CD's) and TV Series (eg the "Name of the TV Series")
Album: I use this for Music Videos (eg just like Audio CD's)

Eg, The result in T'View as I drill down from the "Video" button is as follows:

Thanks
Nathan

PS - I also have enabled Track # so all my Music Videos are sorted by track #.
JRiver CEO Elect

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 06:44:24 am »

I understand your angle. I just wanted to totally separate it from my music library. That's why I use a custom field.

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 02:54:55 pm »

I think I should bookmark this thread... At one point or the other I might be interested in doing something like this.

Right now I stream videos to my Xbox 360. Works well enough, but probably won't when I get make the HD switch (that is, a new computer with digital out and a HD TV...)...
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 01:58:40 pm »

Trimmed the text down and added a picture to illustrate a little better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up