INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Way of disabling "details" pop-up when browsing music files?  (Read 1699 times)

parrot

• Recent member
Way of disabling "details" pop-up when browsing music files?
« on: January 22, 2008, 01:16:00 pm »

Is there any way to disable the details that appear when the cursor hovers over an albums thumbail?

It's really irritating (for me personally), I'd just like to browse through all of audio files by just looking at the album covers and not have a pop up appear unless I want it to.

Also, is there a way to get all cover art from every file I have via the internet all at once- or is it necessary to do it manually for each one? It's going to take a while to do several thousands files one at a time- so I was hoping there was a faster way.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Way of disabling "details" pop-up when browsing music files?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 01:23:49 pm »

You can shut it off, but it's an all or nothing thing. If you turn it off, you won't see it for Audio, Images, or Videos.

To do so go to Tools->Options->Tree & View and uncheck "Show track info tooltips"

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 01:25:35 pm »

TOOLS --> Options --> Tree & View --> un-check the box for "Show Track Info Tooltips"

unfortunately this is "all-or-nothing" and will not turn off only those you mention

LOL I must learn to type faster
. . . the game is rigged

parrot

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 01:26:56 pm »

That worked fantastic-

Thanks alot guys.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 01:57:56 pm »

Also, is there a way to get all cover art from every file I have via the internet all at once- or is it necessary to do it manually for each one? It's going to take a while to do several thousands files one at a time- so I was hoping there was a faster way.

Select all files and do a cover art lookup (right-click > Cover Art > Get From Internet...). The lookup uses the Album artist (auto) and Album tags as the search criteria so MC will download only one file for each album (if available).

You can create this smartlist for showing only the files that don't have cover art:

MC's online cover art database is based on user submissions. If you have cover art files from other sources (online or scanned) you may want to submit them.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

parrot

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 02:21:31 pm »

Wow, what a relief.

I had been doing them one at a time, which would have taken me days.

Thanks a lot for the help.

ayoob

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 12:40:31 am »

Well that worked out pretty well.  I turned off mouseover AND got the cover art for something like a thousand albums tonight.  Love that MC.

Armaegis

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 11:06:09 pm »

Request for next update: let us select the time delay before the details pop up. I like being able to see the details sometimes, but would rather it only popped up after half a second or so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up