INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.422  (Read 11702 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.422
« on: January 28, 2008, 02:22:55 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120422.exe

12.0.422 (1/25/2008)

1. Fixed: Lists were not always loading / preserving selection nicely.
2. Changed: When showing the smartlist editor for other search editing, it no longer says "Edit Smartlist" in the title.
3. Changed: When adding an auto-import folder, the last "exclude this folder" setting is not remembered.
4. Changed: Slight tuning of Theater View thumbnail size.
5. Changed: Some tweaks in TV code to avoid potential access violations.
6. Optimized: Several optimizations to make the tree and file lists load and draw faster.
7. Fixed: DVD video was not centered when window was resized in builds 418 - 421.
8. Changed: Theater View video thumbnails no longer draw a caption. (full text is visible in the statusbar area)
9. Fixed: YouTube links would not work properly.
10. Fixed: Can't play playlists sent to Windows Mobile Devices.
11. Fixed: HTTP Header Ranges were limited to 32 bits. This affected video seeking on the UPnP server.
12. Changed: Many copyright messages.
13. Changed: mkv files are assumed to be video and will be imported as video even if DirectShow graph failed during import.
14. Changed: When YADB returns multiple CDs and the user chooses one, a vote is counted for that choice.
15. Changed: Replaced a number of error popups with OSD messages in TV.
16. Fixed: Erase CD/DVD command would not always show in the right-click menu for an optical drive when it should have.

12.0.421 (1/23/2008)

1. Changed: Menu bars no longer show a right-click to customize tooltip when a menu is open.
2. Changed: Drag-n-drop, tagging mode, in-place edit, etc. work better for view schemes built around a nested playlist group.
3. NEW: When editing list-type fields with the Action Window, in-place-edit, or panes, the list will be sorted alphabetically. (let us know if we missed any tagging methods)
4. Fixed: Grouping by fields under "More" would not always sort reliably. (grouping will need to be set again for views)
5. Changed: Editing a view scheme item of type "Search List" has a nicer interface.
6. Fixed: Theater View's search keypad would not respect the internal margins of the keys.
7. Changed: On a fresh install, Theater View was not correctly using the default views.
8. Changed: Theater View thumbnails are about 50% larger.
9. Fixed: "I'm" would sometimes be capitalized as "I'M".
10. Fixed: Compatibility problems with iPod classics running the latest firmware (introduced by iTunes 7.6).
11. Changed: Improved support of Cowon devices.

12.0.420 (1/23/2008)

1. Fixed: Burning would not detect a blank disc.
2. Fixed: After a rip failure (scratched disc, etc.) incorrect characters could show in the Action Window.
3. Fixed: In grouped lists, it was possible to select the group header with Ctrl+A, lasso selection, etc.

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.422
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 03:27:48 pm »

SDK bug on Playing now (also in 12.0.421):

- choose Playing Now in MC (for example 10 files are shown. Pos 3 is playing!!!)
- remove a file via SDK (greater then position 3.....for example Pos 6)
- get currently playing file position via SDK (MCCurPlaylist.Position)

= the result is 2 !!!!!

remove one more file (eg. Pos 7) ... the result is '1'.

Code: [Select]
MCCurPlaylist = mediaCenterRef.GetCurPlaylist
MCCurPlaylist.RemoveFile(CInt(pos))
curPos = MCCurPlaylist.Position

... perhaps this error occurs cause the "playing now" view (in JR) isn't updated a remove (if removePos > currentPlayingPos)?

Markus

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 04:02:18 pm »

I'm _STILL_ having the problem i've already reported three times. See this thread for details. This problem is getting really annoying, as i have no control over which ratings will change in the MC database upon an iPod sync. As you can see in my original post, i'm not the only one with that specific problem. There's also a good chance that many iPod users are affected by the problem but didn't notice it yet.

It would be very nice if someone from JRiver could reply on the topic. Is the problem being worked on? When can we expect a fix?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 04:20:15 pm »

Using trackinfo folders with a point in it's filename makes MC cut the Name behind the last point. The TrackInfo cannot be used unless the point in the foldername is removed.

Example:
"C:\JRiver Media Center\Visualizations\Track Info\Titel . Time . 1024x780" will be shown as "Titel . Time" in MC menus and if it is selected the screen keeps blank.

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 05:13:44 pm »

A small thing about clean file properties... I know you read everything, and I don't think it deserving of a thread of its own.

Even if the last word of a song title is a preposition less than five letters long it should still be capitalised, e.g. "Born Under the Punches (The Heat Goes On)", rather than "Born Under the Punches (The Heat Goes on)" (as MC cleans it to now). Also, "Hold On" rather than "Hold on", etc (Hold On could be (usually is, I guess) a phrasal verb too, so it would be Hold On even within a song title in such a case... I don't know if there is a good way to take that into account though).

My point, distilled, is capitalise the last word, whatever it may be! (Are there any exceptions?)
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 05:41:43 pm »

A small thing about clean file properties... I know you read everything, and I don't think it deserving of a thread of its own.

Even if the last word of a song title is a preposition less than five letters long it should still be capitalised, e.g. "Born Under the Punches (The Heat Goes On)", rather than "Born Under the Punches (The Heat Goes on)" (as MC cleans it to now). Also, "Hold On" rather than "Hold on", etc (Hold On could be (usually is, I guess) a phrasal verb too, so it would be Hold On even within a song title in such a case... I don't know if there is a good way to take that into account though).

My point, distilled, is capitalise the last word, whatever it may be! (Are there any exceptions?)

I agree with this.  I would always need to change stuff manually because the last word wasn't capitalized.

milledist

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 06:51:46 pm »

Am I the only one with this bug - after upgrade importing files into library became painfully slooow. Took minutes before to scan and import 500G drive, now takes couple of hours.

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 06:15:21 am »

12.0.422 (1/25/2008)
8. Changed: Theater View video thumbnails no longer draw a caption. (full text is visible in the statusbar area)

12.0.421 (1/23/2008)
8. Changed: Theater View thumbnails are about 50% larger.

1. The caption at the bottom of the page does not respect the Caption set under Theater View - Advanced - File Caption. It only uses File Name, Filetype, and size? How can you navigate through 18 seasons with Simpsons and find the right episode with that? Especialy if the files are not named correct, or the same way.

2. The removal of file caption should be optional. When confronted with pages upon pages with thumbnails there will be trouble finding the right thumbnail unless you see all the caption at once. There have to be som way of choosing where to leave the file caption out. It is not suited for all needs. Would it be possible to choose it for each view scheme maybe?

Only way I can see that no caption is needed is if we had the ability to add artist art, and could use this to display different Series art/cover on the different TV series. Or the artists in audio for that sake. But this caption is not stripped anyway, so why am I even mentioning it?

3. Again, bigger thumbnails look nice, but there should REALLY be done something with the sqare, or rectangle, that surrounds the thumbnails. They are very high for video (as most now are wide screen anyway). It seems the right size when viewing audio, as the cover art are higher. But I never use thumbnails for music anyway. Only list. Have you thought about a way of setting the hight of the sqare according to what media is accessed?

An example: lower square if only video is shown, and normal if images and audio are accessed (as images often are high as well).

4. A little OT for this build, but since I allready talk about thumbnails... Why are there no way of removing the "Stack" function on the thumbnails? This only result in bigger square aroung the thumbnail. Not necessary imo.

5. Why are thumbnail captions only in my Video section gone, and not in audio?

As you can see, I'm a big fan of Theater View.

[volume reduction by JimH]
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 06:34:10 am »

MrH,
We're not finished.  Your opinion matters.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 08:34:14 am »

Am I the only one with this bug - after upgrade importing files into library became painfully slooow. Took minutes before to scan and import 500G drive, now takes couple of hours.
I've got exactly the same problem since build 422.
A day without laughing is a day without living

SwellGuy

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 09:26:23 am »

Can one of you send me (rick at jriver dot com) the logs (with all events checked) of a full import.

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 10:30:55 am »

2. The removal of file caption should be optional.
I try to have cover art for everything, so I (mostly) love the new caption at the bottom of the screen feature, but with serieses (where coverart would be the same for all files) some text is necessary to discern between many at a glance.  Could another option be to somehow have text shown on top of the thumbnail?  Either way I agree captions in the area of the thumbs should be optional and if it were possible to do so for some files (i.e. series) and not others, that would be even better in my opinion.
3. Again, bigger thumbnails look nice, but there should REALLY be done something with the sqare, or rectangle, that surrounds the thumbnails. They are very high for video (as most now are wide screen anyway).
I agree, the bigger the thumbs in relation to buttons, etc, the better!  If I read this correctly, your video thumbs are wider than they are tall?  I suppose this would be the case if you use wide-screen screen shots for your coverart/thumbs, but I sometimes find the opposite to be true.  My movie thumbs are all DVD covers and so they are taller than they are wide.  Not sure how the "boxes" should be reshaped to support both, but just my POV.

I really like where this is heading and I'm excited to see the responses to our requests for better thumbnail viewing and improvement in general to Theater View.  Please keep it up!

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 11:56:45 am »

Can one of you send me (rick at jriver dot com) the logs (with all events checked) of a full import.

I just mailed you the log file you asked for.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 01:08:19 pm »

Strange thing happens with build 422 when editing files in the MC Library.
For instance when I change the name of 1 song and choose Library Tools, Rename files from Properties, in the Confirm Library Changes window MC says that changes have been made to 2 files. That happens every time I just edit 1 file.

mmlevin

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.422 fix 11
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 04:29:55 pm »

Upnp server now jumps/seeks on files >2Gb with NO PROBLEMS.  Thank you for the prompt fix!    :)

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 09:48:28 pm »

I wasn't going to mention this tiny bug, it has been in MC as long as I can remember, but I am using TheaterView more now.

1 - Start MC using the TheaterView Switch "mc12.exe /Mode Theater"
2 - Exit TheaterView and the font in normal view is wrong (very big)
3 - If I click on say video and come back to audio then the font has corrected itself.

I am sure it is an easy fix, I presume MC is still using the TheaterView font at first.

rjm

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 11:32:02 pm »

Strange thing happens with build 422 when editing files in the MC Library.
For instance when I change the name of 1 song and choose Library Tools, Rename files from Properties, in the Confirm Library Changes window MC says that changes have been made to 2 files. That happens every time I just edit 1 file.

This +1 problem has existed for years. It occurs when something is playing. Don't worry, the correct number of files are actually modified. Try clearing Playing Now before Renaming Files from Properties. I'll bet it reports the correct number.

rjm

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 11:35:32 pm »

My hunch is that MC has detected that a bunch of your files have changed (when they haven't) and is rebuilding the tags and thumbnails. I have separate thread going on this issue.

joa_mb190

• Recent member
  • bubba
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 03:30:26 am »

Hi
One feature missing in MC is to lock "Playing Now" windows when you use split view, it's always wrong windows who has focus and then you write in search bar you get the search result in playing now windows instead for the second windows.

see picture..  http://panna.homeip.net/download/MediaCenter_new_lock_menu.JPG

//joa

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.422 - Crash
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 04:55:39 am »

Yesterday it crashed when the connection to my samba share got lost (server was shutting down). Now it crashed a second time (server was still up). But I cannot reproduce it:

0249813: 3108: Database: MCDB::Save: Saving (bCleanDB: 0, bForce: 0)
0249813: 3108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (bookmark).jmd
0249829: 3108: Database: MCDB::Save: Finish (16 ms)
0369813: 3108: Database: MCDB::Save: Start
0369813: 3108: Database: MCDB::Save: Saving (bCleanDB: 0, bForce: 0)
0369813: 3108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (bookmark).jmd
0369829: 3108: Database: MCDB::Save: Finish (16 ms)
0386907: 4828: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 1
0386907: 4828: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::OnFinalRelease: All objects released
0386907: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Start
0386907: 4828: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::~CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 0
0386922: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Checking for invalid position
0386922: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Attempting next chapter
0386922: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Checking for next disabled
0386922: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Checking for display / internal mismatch
0386922: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Checking can play next state
0386922: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Updating position, old=102
0386922: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next:   new=103
0386922: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Play
0386922: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Start
0386922: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Handling exclusive playback zones
0387016: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Getting actual playback track
0387032: 3108: Service: CServicesPlugins::AllowAction (single file): Start
0387032: 3108: Service: CServicesPlugins::AllowAction (multiple files): Start
0387032: 3108: Service: CServicesPlugins::AllowAction (multiple files): Finish (0 ms)
0387032: 3108: Service: CServicesPlugins::AllowAction (single file): AllowAction(Action: Play Prepare) single file results: '1'
0387032: 3108: Service: CServicesPlugins::AllowAction (single file): Finish (0 ms)
0387032: 3108: Service: CServicesPlugins::AllowAction (single file): Start
0387032: 3108: Service: CServicesPlugins::AllowAction (multiple files): Start
0387032: 3108: Service: CServicesPlugins::AllowAction (multiple files): Finish (0 ms)
0387032: 3108: Service: CServicesPlugins::AllowAction (single file): AllowAction(Action: Play) single file results: '1'
0387032: 3108: Service: CServicesPlugins::AllowAction (single file): Finish (0 ms)
0387032: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Processing play for 'M:\My Music\@.Jazz & Blues & Swing\@.Interpreter\Miles Davis\Miles Smiles\05 - Miles Davis - Miles Davis Quntet - Freedom Jazz Dance.mp3'
0387032: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Updating internal track info
0387047: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Playing: <XMLFN version="1.0"><Item Name="Filename">M:\My Music\@.Jazz &amp; Blues &amp; Swing\@.Interpreter\Miles Davis\Miles Smiles\05 - Miles Davis - Miles Davis Quntet - Freedom Jazz Dance.mp3</Item><Item Name="ReplayGainTrackAutoPreamp">3169</Item><Item Name="FileType">mp3</Item><Item Name="ReplayGainTrack">-9716</Item><Item Name="ReplayGainAlbumAutoPreamp">1314</Item><Item Name="ReplayGainAlbum">-9363</Item><Item Name="MediaType">Audio</Item><Item Name="DatabaseKey">9545</Item><Item Name="PlaylistIndex">103</Item></XMLFN> / mp3
0387047: 3108: Playback: CJRPlaybackEngine::Play: Start
0387047: 3108: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Default Resources\FileAssociations.xml
0387047: 3108: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Default Resources\FileAssociations.xml
0387047: 3108: Playback: CJRPlaybackEngine::Play: Playing M:\My Music\@.Jazz & Blues & Swing\@.Interpreter\Miles Davis\Miles Smiles\05 - Miles Davis - Miles Davis Quntet - Freedom Jazz Dance.mp3 with type mp3
0387047: 3108: Playback: CJRPlaybackEngine::StartPlayFile: Start
0387141: 3108: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: M:\My Music\@.Interpreter\Konstantin Wecker\Wieder Dahoam\02 - Konstantin Wecker - La Mi Wieder Falln.ogg
0387141: 3108: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: M:\My Music\@.Interpreter\Konstantin Wecker\Wieder Dahoam\02 - Konstantin Wecker - La Mi Wieder Falln.ogg
0387141: 3108: Playback: CWaveFeederHelper::GetForceDirectShow: Returning FALSE for file M:\My Music\@.Jazz & Blues & Swing\@.Interpreter\Miles Davis\Miles Smiles\05 - Miles Davis - Miles Davis Quntet - Freedom Jazz Dance.mp3
0387219: 3108: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::Play: Start
0387219: 3108: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::Play: bRadio = 0, m_strFilename = M:\My Music\@.Jazz & Blues & Swing\@.Interpreter\Miles Davis\Miles Smiles\05 - Miles Davis - Miles Davis Quntet - Freedom Jazz Dance.mp3, setting MJ_INPUT_SOURCE_INFO_CACHE_ALL_METADATA
0387235: 2264: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: M:\My Music\@.Jazz & Blues & Swing\@.Interpreter\Miles Davis\Miles Smiles\05 - Miles Davis - Miles Davis Quntet - Freedom Jazz Dance.mp3
0387235: 3108: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::Play: Finish (16 ms)
0387235: 3108: Playback: CJRPlaybackEngine::StartPlayFile: Play returned: 1
0387235: 3108: Playback: CJRPlaybackEngine::StartPlayFile: Finish (188 ms)
0387235: 3108: Playback: CJRPlaybackEngine::Play: StartPlayFile returned 1
0387235: 3108: Playback: CJRPlaybackEngine::Play: Finish (188 ms)
0387235: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Play succeeded
0387235: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Finish (313 ms)
0387235: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Applying database changes
0387250: 3108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::~CTagSaveHelper: Start
0387250: 3108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::~CTagSaveHelper: Waiting until finished
0387250: 3108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::~CTagSaveHelper: Stopping thread (running = 0)
0387250: 3108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::~CTagSaveHelper: Deleting save objects
0387250: 3108: Database: CTagSaveHelper::~CTagSaveHelper: Finish (0 ms)
0387250: 3108: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Finish (343 ms)
0387391: 2264: Playback: CPlayerZone::OnNewStream: Start
0387391: 2264: Playback: CPlayerZone::OnNewStream: Finish (0 ms)
0388532: 4652: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: M:\My Music\@.Jazz & Blues & Swing\@.Interpreter\Miles Davis\Miles Smiles\cover.jpg
0388563: 4652: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: M:\My Music\@.Jazz & Blues & Swing\@.Interpreter\Miles Davis\Miles Smiles\cover.jpg
0489813: 3108: Database: MCDB::Save: Start
0489813: 3108: Database: MCDB::Save: Saving (bCleanDB: 0, bForce: 0)
0489813: 3108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\curplaylist.jmd
0489813: 3108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (last played).jmd
0489844: 3108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (number plays).jmd
0489860: 3108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (bookmark).jmd
0489860: 3108: Database: MCDB::Save: Finish (47 ms)
0609813: 3108: Database: MCDB::Save: Start
0609813: 3108: Database: MCDB::Save: Saving (bCleanDB: 0, bForce: 0)
0609813: 3108: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: D:\My Music\Media Center\Libraries\MyLib\field (bookmark).jmd
0609829: 3108: Database: MCDB::Save: Finish (16 ms)
0666829: 2096: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0666844: 2096: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 0, wParam: 0, lParam: 0, Window class:

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 07:11:49 am »

Yesterday it crashed when the connection to my samba share got lost (server was shutting down). Now it crashed a second time (server was still up). But I cannot reproduce it:

You might want to try a backup of your library made before the samba crash.

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 08:33:38 am »

My hunch is that MC has detected that a bunch of your files have changed (when they haven't) and is rebuilding the tags and thumbnails. I have separate thread going on this issue.
Can you point me to this thread?
Thanks

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 08:45:17 am »

FTP appears to be down?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 08:50:41 am »

FTP appears to be down?
No.  It's working.  Try http if you have trouble, but it's probably a config issue somewhere.

http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120422.exe

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 09:05:34 am »

Thank you....

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 09:36:24 am »

You might want to try a backup of your library made before the samba crash.

I didn't make myself clear enough: not Samba was crashing - MC was crashing while I was shutting down my file server and MC still accessing the files. The MC database itself is on the local computer.
Today it crashed somehow out of good will ...

parrisj

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2008, 09:52:31 am »

Please bear with me on this.
I downloaded the latest version of MC and Media monkey, going to buy on or the other. I try to use RW-CD for most of my music which I listen to in my car.
I have tried 6 times to erase a RW-CD, and it will not work. All the program does is ask if I want to erase, and then tells me its complete, in about a 30 seconds and then ejects the disc.
The disk is a finalized RW from media monkey.
Is this a bug, something that is not working in the trial version.
I like the MC better in all other matters, but this really bugs me.
I really hope this is the right thread, I could not find any answers anywhere else.

thanks

rjm

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2008, 11:07:10 am »

gappie

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 05:00:04 pm »

Please bear with me on this.
I downloaded the latest version of MC and another program, going to buy on or the other. I try to use RW-CD for most of my music which I listen to in my car.
I have tried 6 times to erase a RW-CD, and it will not work. All the program does is ask if I want to erase, and then tells me its complete, in about a 30 seconds and then ejects the disc.
The disk is a finalized RW from another program.
Is this a bug, something that is not working in the trial version.
I like the MC better in all other matters, but this really bugs me.
I really hope this is the right thread, I could not find any answers anywhere else.

thanks

everything works in the trail version, but only for 30 days. i dont do this stuff, so i cant help. but maybe you should start, if this stays unanswered, a new thread. cant believe nobody else does use this.

mbdundee

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 05:45:40 pm »

Client does not display a server scheme that uses Disk location as the view, client will display all schemes with Unassigned.
Sever schemes are setup with Disk Location pointing to the top level directory where music is stored in the directory by artist then album then the songs. Server displays this view accurately as well as the Tivo picks this up and will display this structure correctly. This problem also exists on previous versions. Not sure when it stopped functioning.

JONCAT

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 08:38:06 am »

I'm having issues with bookmarks for .avi files. Playback gets lockup upon resuming playback. I also find 6-7 bookmark.tmp(1),(2),(3).... files in the library along with bookmark.jmd IIRC. I have resorted to deleting them all in order to be able to watch movies.

I have FFDSHOW installed. I need to test other formats besides .avi tonight when I get home.

DC

jeffdoo

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 05:15:58 pm »

This started somewhere around 12.0.410 and exists in .422 but it was detected since I haven't ripped CDs lately.

1) Use a different application to rip CDs to .FLAC
2) Extract the embedded jpg cover art into the directory (/artist/album/album_cover_art.jpg)
3) Start JRiver
4) Import new FLAC songs
5) Select new songs and remove the cover art
6) Reselect the new songs and perform a "Quick find cover art"

The mini icons update, everything looks good, just like always.  I also have J River analyze the audio but that's separate from the issue.

Double click on the file to play the song and the cover art display properly in the playing now windows, but the mini-icon disappears for the playing song and the next song.  Click on the next song and there is no cover art, skip around clicking on songs and the cover art is stripped and mini-icons disappear.

Hopefully this is an easy fix!  I unfortunately need my cover art for .flac files to not be embedded in the file because Cinmar's MusicLobby cannot handle embedded cover art.

Thanks!
   - Jeff

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 07:20:33 pm »

Anyone else notice that the G-Force plugin causes songs to buffer like 5+ seconds when starting?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 01:16:02 am »

Anyone else notice that the G-Force plugin causes songs to buffer like 5+ seconds when starting?
Nothing special here. No buffering beetween two songs with G-Force.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 11:55:31 am »

One a series of songs has started switching songs is instantaneous.  It's only when starting a new song from a dead stop that it takes a while to buffer.  This does not happen on any other visualization.

Jim L

• Junior Woodchuck
Ripping / Encode on-the-fly Problem
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 12:10:09 pm »

The encode on-the-fly option doesn't seem to work for me with the .421 and .422 builds (it was OK with .410). It rips the file OK, but when encoding, the status just says "Encoding" with no progress bar, and never completes.

It actually seems to encode the file successfully as you can see the file size increasing in the output directory and you can play the resultant files OK but MC never seems to think that the encoding is complete. So, for example, I normally set the following options:

2 concurrent rips
4 concurrent encodes
6 combined

However, with .422, it kicks off the 4 concurrent encodes and then rips the other files but those 4 encodes never complete. I normally rip to FLAC but this problem seems to affect all the encoders (for me, at least). If I deselect on-the-fly then everything works OK but I don't get the advantage of concurrent encodes.

I just tried reverting to .410 and it worked OK. Has something about the encoding process changed in these builds?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 12:11:25 pm »

One a series of songs has started switching songs is instantaneous.  It's only when starting a new song from a dead stop that it takes a while to buffer.  This does not happen on any other visualization.
I can't reproduce this here. Doesn't matter if I start playback after a "fresh" start of MC or if I start playback after clicking stop (is that what you meant saying "dead stop"?). I never get the message "buffering" and the playback allways instantly.
Maybe it's caused by a virus scanner... I had some similar experiences caused by virus scanner.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 12:42:43 pm »

I'm having a similar problem to what Jim Legg is expressing.  I am using 1 + 1 and 2 combined concurrent.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2008, 01:47:46 am »

I can't reproduce this here. Doesn't matter if I start playback after a "fresh" start of MC or if I start playback after clicking stop (is that what you meant saying "dead stop"?). I never get the message "buffering" and the playback allways instantly.
Maybe it's caused by a virus scanner... I had some similar experiences caused by virus scanner.

No Virus scanner, my computer is as clean as a whistle.  I have even tried re-installing g-force going with defualt settings but no luck.  This issue does not happen with wmp, and did not happen until recently in MC.  I guess I will have to look for older builds of MC to try and track this down........

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2008, 02:10:23 am »

Ok, so I installed the 12.0.415 built and the problem went away.  I then started installing incremental builds up until the latest and don't have the problem at all anymore, so that is very strange.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
Re: Ripping / Encode on-the-fly Problem
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2008, 07:43:14 am »

The encode on-the-fly option doesn't seem to work for me with the .421 and .422 builds (it was OK with .410). It rips the file OK, but when encoding, the status just says "Encoding" with no progress bar, and never completes.

It actually seems to encode the file successfully as you can see the file size increasing in the output directory and you can play the resultant files OK but MC never seems to think that the encoding is complete. So, for example, I normally set the following options:

2 concurrent rips
4 concurrent encodes
6 combined

However, with .422, it kicks off the 4 concurrent encodes and then rips the other files but those 4 encodes never complete. I normally rip to FLAC but this problem seems to affect all the encoders (for me, at least). If I deselect on-the-fly then everything works OK but I don't get the advantage of concurrent encodes.

I just tried reverting to .410 and it worked OK. Has something about the encoding process changed in these builds?

I'm having the same problem. Doesn't matter which encoder is try, doesn't matter what I have the Advanced Ripping set to (btw, would it make more sense to put that in with the Encoding section of the options?), doesn't matter if I have Analyze During rip, it just doesn't rip. I'm not even getting the files created at all, it just looks like it's wanting to do something, then I hit Cancel during a rip and all is back to normal.

I, too, began noticing this in .421 but was hoping that it was fixed in .422. Reverting back to .410 enabled me to rip again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up