INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet Radio  (Read 2330 times)

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
Internet Radio
« on: February 06, 2008, 07:05:22 pm »

Hi, I've purchased Media Center 12 and find it to be a huge audio improvement over Windows Media Audio 11. But when compared to Winamp, I stilllike the audio better with JRiver but the radio library, well there isn't one when compared with Winamp. According to the Web Media, Shoutcast is listed along with other internet radio choices but all you get from it is "This feature requires an internet connection." So how do you get this internet connection so I'll have the same 100's of choices in internet radio stations like Winamp automatically offers? I'm really trying to pare down my internet players but this one sticking point keeps me from walking away from Winamp. Any advise would be appreciated, thanks.

Cheers,
Robin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Internet Radio
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:18:52 pm »

Welcome and thanks for your purchase.

Open Audio in the tree by clicking a second time.  Then open Web Media.  Then Shoutcast.

I just tried it and played this stream without a problem:

http://205.188.215.225:8000

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:30:28 pm »

I just tried it and played this stream without a problem:

Me too
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 03:04:58 am »

... all you get from it is "This feature requires an internet connection." So how do you get this internet connection so I'll have the same 100's of choices in internet radio stations like Winamp automatically offers?

This means something is blocking internet access outside MC12. Check your firewall settings.

When MC12 can connect internet it shows this page inside the Shoutcast section of Webradio.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 07:22:55 am »

Sure enough, my McAfee firewall had blocked full access to JRiver Media Center. I opened it up and bamm, there was shoutcast.  ;D Thanks for the help guys. I've had RealPlayer, Quicktime, Winamp, & WMP and JRiver is by far the best sounding audio player with the most flexibility that I've ever had. They've definitely come a long ways cuz JRiver was a default player that came with my HTPC 4 years ago and I ditched it back then for being too plain while lacking user features. This Media Center is anything but that now.

Cheers,
Robin

ps,,, Winamp will go the way of all my other players. At this point in time, there's no reason to carry it.

dants575

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 08:37:32 am »

Had the same problem with Zone alarm (open zone alarm -go to program control on the left-scroll down in the programs box on the right hand side-enable green tick boxes) Done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up