INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 and album art corruption [solved]  (Read 1601 times)

castingflame

• Recent member
MP3 and album art corruption [solved]
« on: February 10, 2008, 08:43:38 am »

For a while now I have experienced dropouts in my mp3's. Initially I thought that it was just bad mp3 at source but now I am not so sure. In the past week I have noticed corruped album art also. I hand made an album art cover for one compliation. Even that was corrupted in a few tracks but fine on many others. I am using a little 1 Terrabyte NAS box for storage as I have a lappy but I have not experienced any problems with the other files I store on it. I am just confused to what is causing it.

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MP3 and album art corruption
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 12:09:52 pm »

I also noticed (a couple of weeks ago) that I suddenly had 136 tracks with no embedded 'Album Art' AND 'Lyrics' (I tried to do a library update with no success) . I am fussy with both options and know all of my tracks have them.

I fired up my trusty standby Mp3tag and sure enough I could see the art and lyrics. To solve my problem I loaded all the suspect tracks into MP3tag and selected all of them and clicked the save button, this caused mp3tag to write to all of them.

I then re-ran the MC update and it found 136 tracks with external changes and the art & lyrics were back.

My collection (including MC database) is on a Linux server.

I'm not sure why this happened but have noticed with the new build that i get a warning about the library update is running, when i want to close MC. ( Have never seen this in a previous build) Maybe in older versions this screwed up somewhere.

castingflame

• Recent member
Has anyone else had this problem?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 01:28:48 pm »

The problem is associated with "TagRunner". For some reason this is causing the drop-outs and album art corruption.
I used to use iArt but that only works with iTunes.

What do you all use to retrieve Artwork and Lyrics automatically ? ? ?

I have looked at "Data Master" but I would rather use something that uses standard sources like amazon, google etc to retrieve data as it will always have a better hit rate.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MP3 and album art corruption [solved]
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 06:31:18 pm »

I have looked at "Data Master" but I would rather use something that uses standard sources like amazon, google etc to retrieve data as it will always have a better hit rate.

Depending What Field Your Looking For

The Lyrics Came From About 30 Lyrics Sites (Every Song Lyrics They had), And Many, Many Users.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up