INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date bug?  (Read 2337 times)

JONCAT

Date bug?
« on: February 15, 2008, 02:35:50 pm »

I use Date (Year) because the Date field is always propagated with 01/01/xxxx depending on the Date (Year) field...but I have some Date fields without this format.

The audioscrobbler track info plugin seems to be using the strange field so
I tried to copy Date (Year) to Date and the result was that both fields ended up like this:

Date (Year): 1905
Date: 01/01/1905

DC

schmoose

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Date bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 02:04:09 am »

bump

the date displays correctly as 1905 in Media center.

when MC updates the file's tags from its database values, it will always put the date tag in the following format: 01/01/1905

this screws up other programs such as foobar when they read the file's tags.

i'm surprised there is no fix for this yet as the problem has been present for several months.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 04:46:15 pm »

when MC updates the file's tags from its database values, it will always put the date tag in the following format: 01/01/1905

What type of files are you having this problem with?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 05:39:05 pm »

What type of files are you having this problem with?

Probably FLAC.

Scthom made a small mistake when he originally configured the tagger in his FLAC decoder. The Date value is not saved as a plain year number when it is stored in the DATE tag. All other programs use this tag field for the year number. MC should save the complete internally used date value to some other field similarly like APE tags use the MEDIA JUKEBOX: DATE field.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 06:49:56 pm »

Since AudioScrobbler uses Date field, and many of my date fields are xx/xx/xxxx 7:34pm, for example, I decided to use MC Move/Copy fields and copy Date (Year) to overwrite the 'detailed' Date field (above), and when I try to do this i.e. 1973 to 01/01/1973 7:34pm

this is always the result:

1905      05/31/1905

for .ape, .mp3, and .flac

I have files that use just xxxx in the Date field so I thought I could use it for that, maybe not from what Alex is saying.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 10:01:42 pm »

bump

schmoose

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 03:39:02 am »

This is still very much a problem for FLAC files.

been about a year....are there any plans to fix this?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 03:53:33 am »

Probably other users have just been just happy to use only MC or MJ.  The bug does not show up inside the JRiver programs.

I am going to include this to my list of tagging requests. Obviously this issue has not had a high priority, but I hope the develepers have time to fix this amongst some other tagging changes and fixes.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up