INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.447  (Read 5832 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.447
« on: February 26, 2008, 02:03:33 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
[build pulled for problems with right clicking selecting, but not showing all files]
Please install from the download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

12.0.447 (2/25/2008)

1. Fixed: Action Windows were not properly receiving some notifications, causing a variety of problems (only applies to 445).
2. Fixed: Smartlist editor would incorrectly draw the modifier group box when there was only an empty modifier.
3. Fixed: Smartlist editor could discard sorting changes when changing other modifiers.
4. Fixed: Selecting in the smartlist editor was not possible when an auto-complete tooltip was visible.
5. Fixed: Sorting was not working properly in grouped views.
6. Fixed: Dialogs popping up from a detached display view would not be skinned.

Used internally for testing.

12.0.445 (2/22/2008)

1. Fixed: Action Window tagging didn't catch enter and escape (only applies to 444).
2. Changed: Rename From Info didn't load the most recent entry in some cases.
3. Fixed: FLVSplitter download did not work on Windows Vista.
4. Fixed: On Windows Vista with limited user accounts, FLV DirectShow graph would not build properly unless user specifically chose FLV Splitter/Source filter in filter selection.
5. Changed: FLV is assumed to be video and would be imported as video even if DirectShow graph fails.
6. NEW: Sort customization interface from Customize Current View is used in any place sorting can be customized. (menu, dialog, search editor)

12.0.444 (2/21/2008)

1. Changed: Additional tweaks for Hauppauge WinTV 1600 TV device recording and time-shifting support.
2. Fixed: Few possible UI crashes from internal UI changes (only applies to 443).
3. Fixed: Stacks should be faster.
4. NEW: Autostack by Name added to stack menu.
5. Fixed: Media Editor could crash on exit.
6. Changed: Downloading of FLV splitter is done when an flv file is imported/analyzed

12.0.443 (2/20/2008)

1. Changed: m4v media type is added to the media types playable in DirectShow.
2. Changed: Merged French language translations (thanks to Guillaume and Jean-Guy Paquette).
3. Fixed: TrackInfo would briefly display incorrect data (only the first playback after MC was started).
4. Fixed: DirectShow video could be displayed in wrong aspect ratio when Enhanced Video Renderer was used.
5. Changed: ClassID and hosting filename of filters are included when a filter graph is logged to log file.
6. Fixed: The list selection anchor would not update properly when selecting a single file that was already selected.
7. Fixed: Right-click "Rename" could edit the last clicked column instead of the column where the right-click happened.
8. Fixed: File > Open URL > Web Media Options... was not working properly with certain URLs.
9. NEW: DVD now supports jumping to different Titles.
10. Changed: Renamed "Chapters" submenu in DVD to "Jump To".
11. iPods that had a DCIM folder at the root were being designated cameras and not iPods.

12.0.442 (2/19/2008)

1. Changed: Changed the underpinnings of the tree, file lists, and options lists. (please report any strangeness)

12.0.441 (2/18/2008)

1. Changed: Small internal change.

12.0.440 (2/18/2008)

1. Changed: Audio analyzer won't test for Direct Show playback ability on an already analyzed file.
2. Changed: Radio playback is less likely to play the same artist back-to-back.
3. Changed: Folder.jpg file will no longer be hidden (only applies to build 439).
4. Fixed: The scheduler could fail to load more than one task.
5. Changed: Spacebar, page up, page down, home, and end control all playback types, not just images. (only apply when display is focused)
6. Changed: Page up, page down, home, and end control visualizations when playing audio.
7. NEW: Changing the filename of a file in a stack also intelligently renames any other files in the stack.
8. Fixed: Digital TV could be displayed in wrong aspect ratio when Enhanced Video Renderer was used.

12.0.439 (2/15/2008)

1. NEW: Auto-import can optionally analyze audio for any unanalyzed files in the library.
2. Changed: Audio analysis throttles down to only use a percent or two of CPU usage when running as a background auto-import.
3. Changed: Revised how "Run auto-import in the background" works so that if a folder change happens during a background import, the import is restarted. (previously folder changes were ignored while a background import was running)
4. Fixed: The Next menu item / keyboard shortcut would be disabled when playing Radio with continuous playback disabled.
5. NEW: Auto-import can get missing cover art.
6. NEW: When auto-import gets missing cover art, it will only reattempt getting art for a file that failed after 30 days.
7. Fixed: In some cases, Folder.jpg images could not overwrite existing Folder.jpg images that were marked as hidden.
8. Changed: When saving Folder.jpg images, the file will be given the hidden attribute.
9. Fixed: Using Enhanced Video Renderer for certain Digital TV channels would result in black bars on four sides of video when "Source Aspect Ratio" was selected.
10. Fixed: Adobe YCCK color space JPEG images would not load properly.

12.0.438 (2/15/2008)

1. Fixed: Pressing "Next" during radio playback did not work. (only applies to last few builds)

12.0.437 (2/15/2008)

1. Fixed: The new option "Use gapless for sequential album tracks" was not working properly.

12.0.436 (2/14/2008)

1. Fixed: Small thumbnails could have a discolored right border in some cases.
2. Fixed: Rename Files From Properties was mangling UNC paths.
3. Fixed: Podcasting engine could incorrectly download image files names http___*.
4. Fixed: When setting "Store image next to file", setting art for URL files would not work properly.
5. Changed: The Podcast status column shows "Keep forever" for files not in the feed but elected to be kept by the user.
6. Changed: Switching TV channels during time-shifting involving a digital channel will now get user confirmation (if the user has configured TV to have such confirmation), to avoid accidentally losing time-shifting data.
7. NEW: Added option "Playback > Use gapless for sequential album tracks". (enabled by default)
8. Changed: Scheduler changes are saved as changes are made instead of only at shutdown.
9. Changed: The panes did not support select all (Ctrl+A), select none, or selection inverse (Ctrl+Shift+A).
10. NEW: Added undo and redo to the search control and new Rename From Info expression control.
11. Changed: The "Confirm Stop Time-shifting" message box (as well as the new "Confirm Switching Channel" message box) in TV has more sensible Default button and Cancel button.
12. NEW: Menu for adding an expression function in Rename Files From Properties shows a tooltip explaining the function.
13. NEW: Added expression explanation function tooltip for all expressions. (only applies to Rename Files From Properties for now)
14. Fixed: When building a filename from rules, if the base path evaluates to a non-local filename, the base path rule will be replaced with the existing file path.
15. Fixed: Time-shifting data files were not completely deleted when switching between digital TV channels even though the user chose to delete them.

12.0.435 (2/13/2008)

1. Fixed: Search editor in view scheme dialog was not modal.
2. Fixed: Rename From Info dialog would save presets as you typed instead of when pressing OK, making the drop list of presets messy.
3. Fixed: JPEG color space conversion coloring could be off (only applies to last few builds).
4. Fixed: JPEG decoder could output a bad chunk in the lower right corner of an image (only applies to last few builds).
5. NEW: Very simple (at this point) file stack feature enabled.
6. Changed: Update the expression controls in Rename Files From Properties to a newer style (still a work in progress) (notice function tooltips for things like IsEqual(...), If(...))

12.0.434 (2/12/2008)

1. NEW: Expressions are supported in the base path of the "Rename Files From Properties" dialog.
2. NEW: Added "Copy to new location and update database to point to new location" option to the "Rename Files From Properties" dialog.
3. NEW: Using "1" as the parameter for MCC_EXPORT_ALL_PLAYLISTS will cause the finished message box to be suppressed.
4. Fixed: WMDM devices could cause Media Center to crash.
5. Fixed: The setting for whether to use WMDM or not for a drive-style device was not being honored.
6. Fixed: Locales where the month abbrieviations are numbers (such as Japan) would not parse dates.
7. Fixed: In some cases large amounts of removed files were not getting purged from the database.
8. Fixed: Tracks getting duplicated in playlist on iPods.
9. Changed: Updated French (Canadian) language file (thanks Guillaume).
10. Fixed: MC deleting play stats file every time an iPod is connected.
11. Fixed: Certain dimension JPEG images could have an artifact in the lower right corner. (only applies to 429 and later).
12. Changed: Pressing down on the last row of thumbnails in Theater View works more like a standard list.

12.0.433 (2/11/2008)

1. Changed: Some tweaks in Hauppauge 1600 TV card support.
2. Fixed: Some JPEG files would fail to load. (only affects 429 and later)
3. Fixed: TrackInfo was displaying a blank page at times.
4. Fixed: Slowdowns in some core functions reduced.

pank2002

Re: Media Center 12.0.447
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 03:05:21 pm »

12.0.444 (2/21/2008)
3. Fixed: Stacks should be faster.
4. NEW: Autostack by Name added to stack menu.

12.0.440 (2/18/2008)

7. NEW: Changing the filename of a file in a stack also intelligently renames any other files in the stack.

12.0.439 (2/15/2008)

1. NEW: Auto-import can optionally analyze audio for any unanalyzed files in the library.
5. NEW: Auto-import can get missing cover art.
6. NEW: When auto-import gets missing cover art, it will only reattempt getting art for a file that failed after 30 days.

Nice release! Way to go JRiver! I will look forward to testing this build!
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 04:46:26 pm »

Perfect! I was hoping for this one!

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 05:39:54 pm »

A small cover art bug (possibly):

1. Playing an internally decoded format (APL). Looking at "Cover Art" in either Playing Now or Full Screen. Shows cover art fine.
2. Track advances to a QuickTime decoded file (m4p), yet previous song's cover art stays onscreen UNTIL a 'MC event' occurs. For example, while in full screen--move the mouse so the controls appear.
3. Letting the QT decoded track play through to the following song (another APL) then shows the correct cover art.

In all cases, the cover art is stored adjacent to the files.

In a possibly related behavior, the "Stop" indicator appears (and disappears) while in full screen view on the track switch from APL->M4P. It also happens on the subsequent track switch from M4P->APL.

brad

craft

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 06:42:39 pm »

after updating to .447, all but one track of an album disappeared from the library and trying to re-import these files doesn't work.

:-\

DarkPenguin

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 07:48:01 pm »

after updating to .447, all but one track of an album disappeared from the library and trying to re-import these files doesn't work.

:-\

You didn't stack that album, did you?

craft

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 02:21:41 am »

You didn't stack that album, did you?
i never tried the stack function, yet the album showed up when i enabled expand stacks.
many thanks

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 07:34:45 am »

Minor bug:

If Lyrics are shown in AW, the vertical (up-down) scrollbar is allways shown (I think this is expected), but it disappears for a second when the cursor hovers the scroll bar. And then reappears. Same for bios.

rjm

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »

2. Changed: Rename From Info didn't load the most recent entry in some cases.
Beautiful, works as expected now.

6. Fixed: The list selection anchor would not update properly when selecting a single file that was already selected.
Confirming this is fixed, thanks!

9. NEW: DVD now supports jumping to different Titles.
This is great. We are getting much closer to no longer needing WinDVD or equivalent.

10. Changed: Renamed "Chapters" submenu in DVD to "Jump To".
You have a typo in the menu. "Chapter" is spelled "Chanpter"

5. Changed: Spacebar, page up, page down, home, and end control all playback types, not just images. (only apply when display is focused)
Excellent! It's a small thing but all my other favorite viewers use space bar to pause. This new feature will encourage me to use MC exclusively.

10. Fixed: Adobe YCCK color space JPEG images would not load properly.
Confirming this is fixed, thanks!

rjm

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 12:29:15 pm »

Not sure if this is by design or a bug...

I have the Sorting option set to ignore articles.

If I select a pane and press a letter to jump to the first item starting with that letter, it does not ignore articles.

For example, if the list contains:
Caddyshack
The Godfather
Taxi Driver

And I select Caddyshack, then press "T" it takes me to The Godfather instead of Taxi Driver.

I personally think this should be considered a problem and be queued for a fix.

P.S. This is not a new issue, same behavior existed in 438.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 01:02:54 pm »

5. NEW: Very simple (at this point) file stack feature enabled.

Where can we find additional information on this feature?
Such as what it does, in what views, and how to get it to work, perhaps some thumbnails showing it in action.
I've tried seeking it out but get nothing. You are doing some fantastic new stuff but I am afraid some of us may be missing much of it.
. . . the game is rigged

DarkPenguin

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 11:07:14 am »

I'd wait until 449 before looking for it.

It is in the right click menu of a file list.  You can select several files and have them stacked.  You'll then only see the file you mark as the top file.  This is nice for things like a camera RAW file and associated Jpeg.  You can stack them and set the jpeg as the top file.  The RAW file is still available but you don't have to see it unless you expand the stack.

Another use is in the handheld engine.  There are two options under audio conversion.  "Use Stack File if Available" which first checks to see if there is an available MP3 in the stack before doing any conversion.  (Hmm..  I should probably check for always convert.)  There is also the "Copy and Stack Converted Files with Original" option.  So in this case if we do a conversion instead of tossing the file away we copy it alongside the original file and stack it with the original.

Stacks are expanded or collapsed on a stack by stack basis.  (Not true of the existing version.)  The general idea is that you top a stack with the representative file and then hide the mutant versions under the stairs.  So you still have access to them but you do not have to see them as you go.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 11:42:29 am »

I'd wait until 449 before looking for it.

It is in the right click menu of a file list.  You can select several files and have them stacked.  You'll then only see the file you mark as the top file.  This is nice for things like a camera RAW file and associated Jpeg.  You can stack them and set the jpeg as the top file.  The RAW file is still available but you don't have to see it unless you expand the stack.

Another use is in the handheld engine.  There are two options under audio conversion.  "Use Stack File if Available" which first checks to see if there is an available MP3 in the stack before doing any conversion.  (Hmm..  I should probably check for always convert.)  There is also the "Copy and Stack Converted Files with Original" option.  So in this case if we do a conversion instead of tossing the file away we copy it alongside the original file and stack it with the original.

Stacks are expanded or collapsed on a stack by stack basis.  (Not true of the existing version.)  The general idea is that you top a stack with the representative file and then hide the mutant versions under the stairs.  So you still have access to them but you do not have to see them as you go.

Thank you muchly, Mr Penguin   :)

This sounds great as I will be creating lossy copies of my flac files and wish to manage them such as you have described. You guys came up with a perfect solution for a problem I had not yet had!

How will this work if the flac drive is taken offline? Will all be well when it is placed back online?
Can usage stats be carried across the stack from lossy to losless and back?
Sorry to get carried away but this is exciting.
. . . the game is rigged

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 05:27:29 pm »

Cropping images doesn't seem to work as it should do:
It crops to a section a good bit under where the rectangle shows it should crop.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 05:42:28 pm »

The iPod related bug i have reported several times (see this post) is still there. The problem is basically that upon an iPod sync, the ratings on the iPod will overwrite ratings in the MC database.

As there were some iPod related fixes in the changelog for 12.0.438, i've used that version to initialize the iPod, and updated all file tags from the library, to be on the safe side. But with both 12.0.438 and 12.0.447, i'm still seeing the problem.

dynobot

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 03:07:24 pm »

Just downloaded the new version 12.0.447 from my previous version 12.0.404....Now it crashes about every hour or so, doesnt matter which song, internet radio playing or not.  Is it possible to go back to my previous version?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 03:15:11 pm »

Are you running Audioscrobbler/Last.fm?  Please start a new thread to try to find out why.

Turn on logging under MC Help/Logging and post the last few lines of the previous log.  Look for "crash" in the log.

Turn off or uninstall any third party plug-ins.

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2008, 03:18:35 am »

I can't see the link for new version, why?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008, 04:43:52 am »

I can't see the link for new version, why?

The build was pulled because a file selection problem was found. In certain circumstances the displayed selection could be different from the actual selection.

For now, the latest available build is 12.0.438:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120438.exe

EDIT

I just reinstalled 12.0.438 and noticed that it has the same problem. So the problem has been around for a while without anyone noticing it. It only exists when right-click is used for selecting an item inside a pane.

Since 438 is not safer than 447 there is no reason to avoid the newer build. Here's the link:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120447.exe

Just don't use right-click selection in a pane and continue with the delete command.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

HtV

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2008, 06:49:09 am »

Can I install an old version over the 447 version just like that?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2008, 07:09:07 am »

Yes.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2008, 07:30:51 am »

Can I install an old version over the 447 version just like that?

As Jim said, generally yes, but I would like to add a precaution:

From time to time JRiver makes changes to the database and a newer database may not be compatible with an older build. It is also possible that changes in some of the stored registry settings are incompatible.

I wouldn't recommend downgrading unless everything is backed up and you are willing to take the small risk of having compatibility problems. (At least create a new library backup file before proceeding.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

HtV

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2008, 08:12:20 am »

Ok thanks.

Hans

dynobot

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2008, 08:27:56 am »

Just downloaded the new version 12.0.447 from my previous version 12.0.404....Now it crashes about every hour or so, doesnt matter which song, internet radio playing or not.  Is it possible to go back to my previous version?

No response, maybe this is not a bug....you can remove from thread, I will figure it out myself

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 08:41:02 am »

It is impossible to say what causes your problem. You could start a new thread and post more details, your system info (Help > System Info...) and a log file of a crash (logging can be enabled in Help > Logging...).

Regarding to installing 404, it has not been available for a long time. JRiver provides only the 438 and 447 builds.

If you have the old installer you can use it, but wouldn't it be better to try to solve the problem you are experiencing?

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 04:23:03 pm »

Right clicking and dragging to select multiple files brings up the context menu once you de-click in this build.
Is this a newly introduced bug?  I don't think it did up till now.  It always does in Windows, which tends to be one of the main reasons I find myself wishing J River would produce an OS.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 06:36:03 am »

I just upgraded from .422 to the latest build available from the link above (.441) but a problem I've seen is still there...

Basically if you left click an item in a view scheme pane then right cluck a different item in the same pane and select play it plays the files associated with the original left click instead of selection you right clicked on.  So to play files in this way you have to left click first before you right click.
JLee
Pages: [1]   Go Up