INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Find Small Coverart?  (Read 2213 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Find Small Coverart?
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:28:02 pm »

All this talk of cover art lately has me wondering... is there someway, other than importing them all into MC, to see what size coverart is assigned to my audio files? I know I can see this information in the Tag AW if I click on the image, but is there some way to view a column that shows this information or create a smartlist that finds smallish cover art?

Vulcan

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Find Small Coverart?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 09:25:25 pm »

Good question, I'd like to know this as well as I ran into a few odd files in my library that had small embedded art. 

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:17:05 am »

Interesting. Yeah, you would think there would be a field or something you can apply to create a column.
Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 12:19:34 pm »

A cover art file exists only in the audio file's tag as a link or as an embedded image. It isn't inside the database and it does not have database field values.

The details in AW>Tag>Image display's tooltip are gathered dynamically and not stored anywhere.

Personally I have imported my cover art files and tagged them with the Artist and Album tags. I can handle them simultaneously with audio files in view scheme that is not restricted to a single media type. For instance, I can sort the cover art files in the size order in a child view scheme and use the locate album tool for displaying an individual cover art image together with the audio tracks in my "All Media" root view scheme.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 07:40:21 am »

MC knows your existing cover art dimensions so I would think it could be possible to store those in a field whenever the cover art is changed, along with the file size separately.
Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:02:32 am »

MC knows your existing cover art dimensions.

If I am not terribly wrong it doesn't know that. As I said, the Image display feature in AW>Tag>Image reads the dimensions dynamically when the actual image file is displayed.

so I would think it could be possible to store those in a field whenever the cover art is changed, along with the file size separately.

JRiver would need to add the feature. Also, a feature for moving cover art files together with the audio files and a feature for embedding / extracting (to a file) existing cover art have been requested often.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 04:36:54 pm »

If I am not terribly wrong it doesn't know that. As I said, the Image display feature in AW>Tag>Image reads the dimensions dynamically when the actual image file is displayed.
I guess that was my point. If it can read the dimensions dynamically, it can certainly do so when you store a cover art and then store those dimensions in the library.
Jeff

Vulcan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 04:52:20 pm »

Just want to let you know that this is REALLY easy to do in the new build.

Select all the albums you want to check, then right click go to covert art >> get from internet

You should then be able to see the size of the album art on the left hand side of the window under each individual album.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 05:19:57 pm »

I guess that was my point. If it can read the dimensions dynamically, it can certainly do so when you store a cover art and then store those dimensions in the library.

Yes, it could if MC had the needed code for storing that info. Maybe this will end up to JRiver's to-do list. Perhaps it could also gather data of existing cover art when thumbnails are generated. Then the cover art details could be added simply by recreating the tumbnails.

It would certainly be nice to be able to easily find the files that have low resolution cover art and use the excellent new lookup tool for finding something better.

Just want to let you know that this is REALLY easy to do in the new build.

Select all the albums you want to check, then right click go to covert art >> get from internet

You should then be able to see the size of the album art on the left hand side of the window under each individual album.

That works, but it is tedious to go through all albums if only a few of them have low resolution art.

Vulcan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 06:18:29 pm »

I suppose it would be tedious with very large libraries, but I find it reasonably easy to quickly scan while scolling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up