INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 and Matroska Audio (.mka)  (Read 1507 times)

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
MC12 and Matroska Audio (.mka)
« on: April 03, 2008, 11:16:41 pm »

Does MC12 support chapters in mka containers? I'm just trying (as an experiment at this stage) to wrap up classical opuses (opii?) into single files with chapters.
((It also seems that I can put in attachments too... ooooh... librettos, scores, conductor bio and images, etc, etc.... yet to fully test it, but if it works..! :D ))

It seems that the chapter support is handled by the filter and decoder OK, but there is no way to select (or even see) chapters from within MC. It would be nice if MC could handle mka chapters similar to CUE files- and indeed, 'attached' files similarly.

Also, in one case, MC has terrible trouble handling the ogg vorbis codec within mka (just hear random clicks and pops). It's wierd because WMP plays it fine with the same graph.

As I say, I've only just started playing with this, so I may have missed something obvious. Also any advice from the resident gurus (esp in regards to the merits of what I'm trying to achieve) would be appreciated too.

Cheers,
C.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
Re: MC12 and Matroska Audio (.mka)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 12:57:45 am »

Update: the file works as a mkv .... ?

(After I did some digging around, I found reference to one onf Alex's threads where he'd done this.... any way to avoid having to?)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:10:41 pm »

Update: the file works as a mkv .... ?

(After I did some digging around, I found reference to one onf Alex's threads where he'd done this.... any way to avoid having to?)

mka used to be not on the list of types playable in MC. We recently added it. Therefore you no longer need to rename mka to mkv. It should import and play.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 10:13:36 pm »

Yaobing,

They import fine and seem to play fine with the mp3 codec, but not with ogg. I will test some more, but am a bit pushed for time this weekend (turbo-renovations on bathroom  :-\)

Somethings I have noticed: (note - converting using mkvmerge)
  • There is no visible indication in MC to indicate a file has chapters
  • Using the Haali tray icon to jump between chapters does not jump to the start of the chapter, but rather the location you were at in the previous chapter - this may be a Haali thing though...
  • MC reports the length of the 1st chapter only, not the total length or the length of the current chapter - once again, maybe a haali thing.

I will get back to you with more ASAP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up