INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC feature requests  (Read 1554 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
MC feature requests
« on: June 23, 2008, 12:13:59 pm »

iTunes installs at least three programs / services that run at system startup, using resources all the time even if iTunes isn't running.  It offends me.

Ah but one could argue that MC could do with a few things running as services (Without 3rd party software)although it should be optional ;)

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
MC feature requests
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 06:27:56 am »

I was reminded this morning of something iTunes does differently (IMO, better) than MC: Syncing smartlists.  I'm sure this has come up before, but the issue is still there and still bugs me.

If I had a playlist that selected 500 random songs based on criteria like last played, last skipped, genre and rating, each time I synced that list iTunes would check to see which songs on the device already fit the criteria of the playlist and only remove the songs that have been played, skipped, or whatever.  Then it would top it up to 500 songs. 

MC, on the other hand, likes to grab a fresh 500 songs (that may or may not include some of the songs already on the device) and then removes songs that might still fit the criteria (though aren't in the new grab of 500 songs) and replaces them by a whole bunch of new songs. 

This would be a non-issue if my iPod synced instantly, but it takes a little while to replace hundreds or thousands of songs on each sync. 

That means that when I'm scrambling around in the morning with coffee and toast, my sync takes 20-30 minutes instead of 2-3 minutes.  So I either cut it short or just plain don't sync.  I should be able to learn to sync the damned thing when I get home from work, but somehow I just can't drive that into my behaviour. 

Anyone else?  Anyone find a better way to do this?

thorathome

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC feature requests
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:33:02 pm »

Export the songs themselves from a playlist into a single directory:  here's something I do from time to time, and still fire up my old, and otherwise unused, copy of MusicMatch to perform. 

This feature should export not only the playlist M3U or XML file to a selected directory, but also copy all the MP3 files over as well.  I use this for, among other things, setting up an evening's music on a remote or portable computer.   It's the only way I know of to automatically get all the music from a playlist into a single directory.  Very handy and useful. 

Can this be an option on the Export Playlist feature of MC?
Thanks. 

Thor
Pages: [1]   Go Up