INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename, Move and Copy, Question  (Read 1717 times)

terrya64

• Junior Woodchuck
Rename, Move and Copy, Question
« on: July 20, 2008, 11:04:02 am »

When using "Rename, Move & Copy Files". It will move the music files, but does not move the associated cover art that is in the same folder. Is there a way to make it do so?  Thanks..
His mind is not for rent..to any god or government

Higginz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm Swedish
Re: Rename, Move and Copy, Question
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:21:10 am »

This is not an answer to your question. Since you want the album cover file to follow the audio files to the new location. However the move isn't a problem if you keep the album cover art in a specific folder.
Album cover automatically directs to the new location When I use 'Rename, Move and Copy'.

Here's my settings in Tools - Options - File Location:

Maybe you need to have to set MJ to autoupdate library to make this work, I'm not sure.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Rename, Move and Copy, Question
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 06:58:33 am »

When using "Rename, Move & Copy Files". It will move the music files, but does not move the associated cover art that is in the same folder. Is there a way to make it do so?  Thanks..

That isn't possible in Media Jukebox. You would neeed to move the image files outside MJ or use a common folder like Higginz explained.

Media Center can tag, rename and move imported image files. Personally I have imported the cover art files to my MC library and tagged them with some basic tags like "Album Artist" and "Album". I use a view scheme that shows audio files and image files in the same view pane when I move my audio albums.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up