INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: slideshow of album covers  (Read 1530 times)

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
slideshow of album covers
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:16:48 pm »

I would like to play one while music plays. Tried creating a view scheme pointing to the file location and a smartlist doing the same. No files ever showed up. The smartlist was simply image files in Application Data/Media Center/Cover Art. I know I had the right folder because I found it in Explorer and copied.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: slideshow of album covers
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:30:55 am »

The image files need to be imported to the library.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 10:40:49 am »

The image files need to be imported to the library.

I was afraid of that. I did that once and ended up with a dozen folders or more I don't want showing when I click on the  image tab. Is there a way I can put them all in one folder? I've only recently used MC for images.

Related question, some covers are in another location. If I go and find them all and move them all into Application Data etc. will MC see them?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 11:03:56 am »

I would suggest the following:

Drag the cover art files you want to import to Playing Now. Press Ctrl+A to select them all and do a right-click import. While the files are still selected give them an unique tag in AW>Tag, e.g. Genre: Cover Art.

You can exclude this genre from your regular image view schemes and use the same tag for creating a smartlist of the files.

Related question, some covers are in another location. If I go and find them all and move them all into Application Data etc. will MC see them?

Not automatically. "Cover Art > Quick Find..." can do that if the filenames follow the "Album Artist (auto) - Album.jpg" naming rule. If the cover art files files are named differently it would be better to leave them as they are. Alternatively you could use the "submit to..." and "get from internet" tools.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 12:55:03 pm »

I would suggest the following:

Drag the cover art files you want to import to Playing Now. Press Ctrl+A to select them all and do a right-click import. While the files are still selected give them an unique tag in AW>Tag, e.g. Genre: Cover Art.

You can exclude this genre from your regular image view schemes and use the same tag for creating a smartlist of the files.

That should work. Initially I can delete podcast covers from this list, from now on is there a way to stop them from being imported when podcasts are downloaded?
Pages: [1]   Go Up