INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: documents and other portable weirdness  (Read 1478 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
documents and other portable weirdness
« on: August 05, 2008, 06:09:29 pm »

i made an portable intall, and everything works nicely, as always. except for documents, which i never used before with a portable instal. when i try to drag documents into 'portable mc' i get a no go sign, when i put them into the maps that are autoimported they dont show up, and when i try to import them via file>library>import folder it doesnt work also. only when i go to drives & devices>my computer, etc and tell that the folder should be imported, it works.

am i doing something wrong? am i expecting to much? or is it a bug?

thanks
 :)
gab

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: documents and portable intstall
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 06:44:21 pm »

Do have the "General > Advanced > Features > Data Media Mode" option enabled?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

gappie

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 01:58:17 am »

yes, i have. the funny thing is that from the 4 methods i tried to get the 'document' files in the library, only one works. dont know if it is important, but it are pdf files. just tested it with a text file also. same result. ill do some more testing later.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 02:47:21 am »

well.. i stumbled over some more portable weirdness. i used the portable intall on a machine that has mc on it (i dont have one without). in the options i said that it should not use shell integration. this made me loose the shell integration from the mc on the machine.
i also tried to uninstall the portable install. i expect that that just works by deleting the map the install is made in. i was listening at the same time to some music played by the standard mc on the machine. when deleting the portable install i got the message that studio.dll could not be deleted. after closing the mc that was playing music, deleting worked.
after restarting the mc on the machine my track info viz was gone. just had to point to it to get it to work, but non the less.

this was all version 529

:)
gab

btw. i never had the two versions open at the same time, as far as i remember. and the portable intall had never played a single file. playing now was still empty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up