INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 12.0.049 (FREE!)  (Read 20312 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Jukebox 12.0.049 (FREE!)
« on: October 10, 2008, 10:18:01 am »

This is the latest version of Media Jukebox 12.0  Media Jukebox 12 is free.

Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Media Jukebox can be downloaded here:
[Please download Media JukeBox 14]

12.0.49 (10.10.2008)

1. Update: Merged in latest MC12 bug fixes.  (Including an ipod detection fix.)

neowillendit

• Recent member
Re: Media Jukebox 12.0.049 (FREE!)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 11:39:31 pm »

Hi Admins and mods, I'm using Windows 7 x86 7100 with your Media Jukebox v.12.0.0.49, and when I highlight MP3 files inside folders and right-click them to select "Play in Media Jukebox", they are added to the Jukebox's "Playing Now" in a random order.  I always right-click the first file listed in Explorer, but it will not be added in order.  Sometimes, the file I right-clicked is listed first, sometimes not.

Example, I select 13 MP3s ordered in Explorer by track number...1-13, and after highlighting them all I'll right-click track 1, but they'll be added in order of 5,6,7,8,9,10,13,12,11,4,3,2,1 with track 13 playing when the Jukebox opens.

I know Media Jukebox is now free, but I don't know if you've ended support for it also.  Just thought you shold know about this for when Windows 7 is released (if you'll add Windows 7 support to it).  I'm a big fan, thank you JimH for your outstanding programs.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 06:51:09 am »

Check the status of "shuffle" in MJ.  It may be on.

neowillendit

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 01:08:03 pm »

Thank you for repying JimH, I checked and "Shuffle" isn't on.  It says "Shuffle Off, click to switch to on".  I installed fresh with default settings and I have no other programs installed on this Windows 7 Release Canidate (Build 7100).  You are so gracious to help me, so I thank you again, and just to report that I've found absolutely nothing else wrong with Media Jukebox as of yet.

Talk to you soon.
Richard

neowillendit

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 07:50:27 pm »

Hi JimH, just wondering if there will be any further support on this.  Thank you, I love your products and will be buying MC 13 (and 14) hehe for my other computer that connects to the net shortly...only need this Media Jukebox for my laptop that never connects to the internet...my music collection backed up to it. :)

Talk to you soon Brother... ;D

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 07:53:34 pm »

I don't know what the problem is, but maybe you could play from inside MJ instead of from IE.

neowillendit

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 07:59:48 pm »

I've had the same problem before except on XP x86 SP2 referenced here:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47543.0

You fixed it for XP (and I think Vista users too), but it's just a new way Windows 7 calls up files from Explorer.exe differently now.

Any other help you could provide would be a blessing as I always have to back-up and re-image so I dont keep a "Library"...same as I was with XP...hehe.

Thank you JimH.

rampacino

Media Jukebox 12.0.048
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 09:17:11 am »

Hi Jim,

I'm currently using MJ 12.0.048 on a Compaq laptop with Win XP sp2 (2 GB ram). Lately I've found that scrolling through the music library to search while a song is playing interferes with the audio output. Is this a problem you've seen before with MJ? Is this an issue with MJ? I though it might be a resource issue but I haven't experienced the interference with any other jukebox application I've treid on the laptop.

Thanks advance for any help or advice.

Regards,
RP

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 09:43:36 am »

Something, a virus checker, for example, may be putting a load on your machine.  A disk in PIO mode could also do that.

You could try this thread for ideas:
http://tinyurl.com/ck9svg

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 06:49:16 pm »

I've been having some trouble for some time now when trying to download Media Jukebox.  Can someone verify that the file exists on the ftp server and that the download link in this thread is correct.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 07:41:54 pm »

Thanks for pointing out the problem.  You can get the file here:
http://www.mediajukebox.com/

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 12:00:38 pm »

Using 12.0.49 and am prompted to download and install the new version every time I open MJB.  Is there a difference between 12.0.49 and 12.0.049?

Thanks
Tim

Bad_Angel

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 05:29:10 am »

Hi, I just recently (like yesterday) downloaded Media Jukebox and I can't seem to get it to see my ipod touch. Am I suppose to do something for it to work? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

thanks

bereantrb

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 12:56:02 pm »

Download link for MJ doesn't work.  I've tried multiple other download sites as well.  I have been unable to find any working links.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 01:02:13 pm »

Download link for MJ doesn't work.  I've tried multiple other download sites as well.  I have been unable to find any working links.  Thanks.
This will work:
http://files.jriver.com/mediajukebox/MediaJukebox12.exe

sejarzo

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 10:47:00 am »

About 10 attempts to download MJ via IE8/XPSP3 from any links I can find on the web (including the above) have resulted in the download stopping at 12.3 MB out of 12.7 MB/99% and locking up my PC with 100% CPU usage. The only way to get out of that is to bring up Task Manager, which takes quite a while due to the high CPU usage, and kill two file download entries in the applications list. Both seem to be the same thing even though I only click once on the download link. ?

I've made several more attempts using Safari and Opera, both have the same problem.

Has the file somehow been corrupted?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 11:17:24 am »

Disk full?

Try Microsoft's Malware removal:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.aspx

I just tested the link at the top.  It works.

sejarzo

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 03:34:39 pm »

Disk full?

Try Microsoft's Malware removal:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.aspx

I just tested the link at the top.  It works.

200 GB disk has only 33.1 GB used.

My system autoruns the MS malware tool monthly, never detected anything, and didn't detect anything just now.

I have downloaded several large hi-rez music files and videos over the past few days, no issues at all.

sejarzo

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 03:43:12 pm »

Also went to my daughter's new Win7 notebook w/IE8 and tried to download. Did exactly the same thing, downloaded to 99% and locked up IE solid, wouldn't respond.

The file download dialog box "Cancel" button was the only one not grayed out, and it was unresponsive.

So, a WinXPSP3 desktop hardwired on our home network and a Win7 notebook on WiFi on the network both have the same problem.

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 11:23:59 pm »

I was sort of able to reproduce the download problem.  I was able to download the file.  The download dialog just "hung" at about 99% for a few minutes.  It did eventually complete.  I used IE8 on Vista.

The problem seems to be due to an antivirus scan being done on the file.  The dialog doesn't complete past 99% until after the scan is done.

I'm using Microsoft's "Security Essentials" free AV program.  When the download was at 99% complete the MsMpEng.exe process pegged the CPU for several minutes.  MsMpEng.exe is the AV scanning process for Security Essentials and I believe also Windows Defender.  After MediaJukebox12.exe finally downloaded I did a manual scan on the file and Microsoft's AV again took over a minute and pegged the CPU.  For some reason it doesn't like scanning that file.

I would suggest disabling any AV you have while you download the file.  Then enable the AV again after the download is finished.  Most likely it is your AV software that is messing things up.  The MediaJukebox12.exe download is clean.

You can also run into AV problems like this if you have two or more AV programs active at the same time with each of the programs wanting to scan files on access or on creation.  Both programs fight for exclusive access to the file.  One of them deadlocks and then the whole process comes to a halt and programs lock up.

Bibo

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 12:42:04 pm »

Is this version compatible with VST plug-ins like Thuneau's Allocator?
I found that Media Center became compatible with the above only from v14.x
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up