INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: after update 13.0.69... 13 still having problems with right clicking [solved]  (Read 2778 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

just wanted to post that upon updating 13 today.. its still having the same issues where if there is a window on top of 13 and i click anywhere in jriver it will not come forward..... i have to minimize all wndows and when i click on file,edit,view, player, tool, help.  it does not bring up the the menus still, and i notice everytime i click on those, or right click anywhere, Or open tag try to type in a new artist, keyword album etc..  the windows vista sidebar flashes, i then close jriver sidebar gadget and the menu options, right click , and the ability to add text in tags DOES work.. then after i click outside of jriver on desktop or on a diffrent window the right click, menus, and keying into tags DOESN'T work again and the sidebar flashes,  then i completelly exit windows vista sidebar and j river works as it should...

Any ideas on this yet?  cause its a real pain when trying to tag and you can't input text. or when you need to right cick, or use a menu and nothing happens.

Ty

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Are you using any third party plug-ins?

Even a DirectShow filter could do this.

HTPC4ME

jim ive not added any plugins at all in regards to 13. in fact 13 is just using what comes with it, also same codecs as ive always used... what im listening to, gforce etc.. ive not installed until you guys give the ok.. and as far as the whole computer goes.. only thing i have added to machine since version 12 is the jriver sidebar gadget... thats it.  but i've had this issue since before you guys offered to buy 13, and its not went away.  All other windows programs on machine are ok sd run as normal... just jriver 13 right clicks, menus and tagging problems occur.  are you guys using 13 with vista?  maybe i could shut of the whole sidebar in vista reboot and run 13 for a day and see if it happens.. maybe compatibility issue with sidebar?

i dunno .. but is realy tough, especially when tagging when nothing gets inputed, can't 5 star, can't clear playing now etc...

JimH

• Administrator

Uninstall gforce and the gadget.  Again, double check DirectShow filters.

I don't believe this is an MC problem.  Something else is stealing the focus.

HTPC4ME

sorry i miscommunicated...  dont have gforce on this machine anymore nor whitecap... have been waiting for you guys to give the ok...

will uninstall gadget reboot and try that for a day, if problem still exsists will turn off sidebar for testing purpose.

when u say double check directShow filters.. what am i looking for?

ty

JimH

• Administrator

when u say double check directShow filters.. what am i looking for?
Tools/Options/Playback/Video/DirectShow

This is about to change to a new location under File Associations.

A splitter (Haali or FFDshow?) could be stealing the focus.

HTPC4ME

i dont see those two in there

i did reboot and before rebooting i made it so the jriver sidebar gadget woulnt turn on

and j river has been working flawlessly since... will tag today and see how it goes.. but so far looking like sidebar gadget issue!?

if so hopefully there will be a fix for that!!!  love that gadget! and use it daily!

HTPC4ME

OK been using 13 all day long tagging closing, opening other windows and everything is working fine.. seems to be sidebar gadget issue :( will put a post in the sidebar gadget thread.. ty for your help in this Jim.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

Alex, I'm wondering why you're asking those particular questions. I've had similar problems for as long as I've had MC. Usually, when I import video files, there's a huge focus theft by MC while it tries to make screenshots as thumbnails. Generally it fails (perhaps because I have Haali as my renderer for most video types), but it locks up my PC for sometimes minutes at a time. During this period, right clicks are ignored, and it's difficult to do anything productive.
It's very similar to the OP's video, except I'm not using mulitple zones. I am, however, using CoreAVC as my h264 filter, and most of my videos are in mkv format. The fact that you asked about those things, leads me to think that you're onto something, and I'm curious to try to understand what's up. Nowadays, as soon as I import videos, I immediately tag them with random cover art, so I don't get this problem, then sort through them, applying the correct cover art at my leisure. Any insights appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up