INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to add the custom column AccurateRipResult?  (Read 11401 times)

Hirudin

• Recent member
How to add the custom column AccurateRipResult?
« on: November 11, 2008, 10:54:27 am »

I'd like to add a custom column to MC that shows the AccurateRipResult information generated by dbPoweramp. This should be easy (like with foobar) but clearly I'm doing something wrong.

I've tried searching Google, I've tried searching this forum, I've read dozens of posts and followed all the links that looked promising. I've also looked through the wiki user manual thing. At this point, I just need someone to hold my hand and tell me every step.

Here's what I've been trying...
I'll open MC, click "Audio", then click "Drives & Devices" and navigate to a recently ripped CD that I've confirmed includes "AccurateRipResult" tags (using both Foobar2000 and opening the MP3 in Notepad).

I have the right side of the program set to display in "details" mode and all the columns get filled with the standard information (Artist, Album, whatever). I can add and subtract the standard columns 'til my heart's content.

To try to add a custom column I...
1. Right click on the column headers and choose "Customize Current View..." from the menu
2. In the dialog that appears I click "Add..." > "Add Expression Column..."
3. In the next window I click the little down arrow and choose "Insert Function" > "Tag(...)"
4. Between the parentheses I've tried everything I can come up with (but possibly not all the possible combinations)...
  • AccurateRipResult
  • ACCURATERIPRESULT
  • [accurateripresult]
  • %ACCURATERIPRESULT%
  • /[AccurateRipResult/]
  • '%accurateripresult'%
  • etc.
  • etc.
  • etc.

Please tell me what to do.

Here's what the tag looks like in the wild...
Code: [Select]
'S,awh2;+IB/TR[+Tp(sj EĦQh^
e0aT.+ЫoS*۟m
:dqȨ!4gjE/ @Æ]( AJ\-LڃDSc,2ڶi~@       ?  -NY:P\Ԝ1+gMDSlz Xi5&ּq5*+Y쌑U]{lThHشfH+ )+8RXnJPmbK+Km$288P@*  TFcOsYt2B DH,K$DRPCÉ KA&)+D|r
aKS-- L6rZFff+g5q3lu`(5 (*9NWT0 0ɂpJL̰ͩ_w]-LAME3.98d  i    
           4  APETAGEX  p                        Title Ladybug       Year 2003
       Album Downstream        Artist New Monsoon       Track 6/13&       Profile MP3 - Lame Preset Extreme + ReplayGain
       Source CD (Lossless)       Tool Name dBpoweramp Release 13.1        Encoder Lame 3.98       Encoder Settings -V="0" -encoding="SLOW"       replaygain_track_gain -3.38 dB       replaygain_track_peak 0.9353646       AccurateRipResult AccurateRip: Not in database   Secure: No   [E786231D]        AccurateRipDiscID 013-0023c78d-015fe70b-be10a90d-6       replaygain_album_gain -3.43 dB       replaygain_album_peak 0.941071APETAGEX  p                TAGLadybug                       New Monsoon                   Downstream                    2003                             

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to add the custom column AccurateRipResult?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 11:28:24 am »

Maybe you could try adding the field in MC first. 

Tools/Options/Library/Manage Library Fields.

Hirudin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 04:46:51 am »

I'll do anything... I don't know how do do that, but does this look right?

After doing that I got the new column in the column list, but as far as I can tell it's not working.

Shouldn't there just be some "right way" for this to be done? I prepared this comparison screenshot showing Media Center (top), Mp3tag (middle), and foobar2000 (bottom)...

Oddly enough, files created with the new version of dbPoweramp were only read correctly in foobar, Mp3tag could do some older files, but Media Center couldn't read either...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 06:41:17 am »

Here's what the tag looks like in the wild...

APETAGEX   p                       Title Ladybug       Year 2003
       Album Downstream       Artist New Monsoon       Track 6/13&       Profile MP3 - Lame Preset Extreme + ReplayGain
       Source CD (Lossless)       Tool Name dBpoweramp Release 13.1        Encoder Lame 3.98       Encoder Settings -V="0" -encoding="SLOW"       replaygain_track_gain -3.38 dB       replaygain_track_peak 0.9353646       AccurateRipResult AccurateRip: Not in database   Secure: No   [E786231D]        AccurateRipDiscID 013-0023c78d-015fe70b-be10a90d-6       replaygain_album_gain -3.43 dB       replaygain_album_peak 0.941071APETAGEX

It's an APE tag. An APE tag in MP3 files is not supported at all in JRiver programs. The tags you can see inside MC are coming from the ID3v1 part at the end of the file:

TAGLadybug                       New Monsoon                   Downstream                    2003
You could set dbPa to write the standard ID3v2.3 + ID3v1 tags instead of APE + ID3v1 tags. Probably it would then use the so called TXXX frames for its custom AccurateRip tags. (from http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0: TXXX = User defined text information frame)

Support for TXXX frames was added to MC13 so you would need to upgrade MC.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Hirudin

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 12:20:25 pm »

Ah OK... The purpose of APE tags has always escaped me. I'll see what I can do about getting dbPoweramp to not create largely unsupported tags.
Pages: [1]   Go Up