INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recorded TV (Playback Problems)  (Read 2989 times)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Recorded TV (Playback Problems)
« on: December 11, 2008, 09:40:24 am »

When playing recorded TV, MC 13.0.82 does the following:

-1.5 inch black bar at bottom of picture which squashes the aspect ratio a bit
    -slight horizontal lines throughout picture
    -the display bar (at the top) will flicker, but won't show long enough to use the functions
    -can't right click.  The context menu will flicker, but never really appears.
    -video sometime goes back to the beginning on its own as I'm trying the above

I'm using a Hauppauge PVR 250, and have the .jts file filters set to:

-Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Encoder
   -JRiver Bitrate Monitor filter

VMR9 Renderless mode. The other modes give me an "all red" playback....or a crash.  Video recorded using WinTV2K (MPEG-2) via this card play great with MC13.  Any suggestions to try are greatly appreciated.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Recorded TV (Playback Problems)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 05:42:08 pm »

VMR9 Renderless mode still does not work properly at this time. You (and I) are lucky to see video with it as many people just see black. Seriously though, you should be able to use any other video renderer options.

I'm using a Hauppauge PVR 250, and have the .jts file filters set to:

-Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Encoder
   -JRiver Bitrate Monitor filter

"Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Encoder" should not be selected, as it is an encoder, not a decoder.

Try installing CCCP.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:54:54 am »

Now using .95.  Ok...I installed CCCP, but I'm unsure what to do next.  I read the Wiki on DirectShow, but I don't find any reference to .jts files so I don't know what filters to choose.

I tried the Haali renderer but the playback was black.  The only renderer which gives me correct color is renderless (but with the problems I noted above).

Suggestions??  Thanks...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 05:37:26 pm »

1. Open Options window by Tools -> Options.

2. Click "File Types" in the left pane, and scroll down to Video section and select "JRiver TV (jts)". Make sure "JRiver video engine (using DirectShow Filters)" is selected in the drop-down list at the bottom.

3. Click "Playback" in the left pane, and click "DirectShow playback settings..." under Video on the right. On the right hand side of the resulting dialog window, select "jts", then click "Select Filters" button.

4. On the "Choose DirectShow Filters for Zone #" window, choose a decoder from the "Other filters" list. Since you use Hauppauge WinTV 250, you may have "InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge", or "InterVideo Video Decoder".  Try it. If does not work, try "MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)", or "MPV Decoder Filter" that comes with CCCCP (depending on the version of CCCP). Also FFDShow Video Decoder that comes with CCCP also can decoder MPEG2, if you configure it to do so.  It works well for me.  If you have other MPEG-2 decoders you should find them in the list too, and you can experiment with them.

5. Choose a video renderer (Enhanced Video Renderer, VMR9, Haali Video Renderer, VMR7, Legacy Video Renderer, in that order).

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 02:46:42 pm »

Thanks Yaobing!  The successful setup (with .100) was Legacy Renderer and the Intervideo NonCSS video Decoder.  FYI, I did not have "Enhanced Video Renderer" as an option.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 02:48:25 pm »

FYI, I did not have "Enhanced Video Renderer" as an option.

EVR is available only on Vista, or on XP if you have installed .NET 3.0 (I think).

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 08:11:13 pm »

if you have installed .NET 3.0 (I think).

Correct :)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 07:27:36 am »

I am still puzzled by why only Legacy Video Renderer works. Could be your video card. What filters are used when you watch a TV channel directly? You can see the info by right clicking in video window and choose "DirectShow Filters"

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 12:01:09 pm »

Here is the filter graph info.....  Happy New Year!

Filter Graph Info (TV graph):

Filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'XFrom Out' of filter 'InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder for Hauppauge'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'VideoMixingRenderer9'
        CLSID: {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'VMR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output' of filter 'InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'VMR Input1'

Filter 'InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder for Hauppauge'
        CLSID: {3B494EFC-672B-419B-84AC-5B5581EC96D3}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Common Files\IviSDK\Hauppauge\IviAudio_Hauppauge.ax
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Out' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_AUDIO, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'XFrom Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge'
        CLSID: {3E0D4870-FD59-441A-A9D1-01BA350E634C}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Common Files\IviSDK\Hauppauge\IviVideo_Hauppauge.ax
        Input Pin 'Video Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video Out' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Input Pin 'Subpicture Input'
        Output Pin 'Video Output'
            Connected to pin 'VMR Input0' of filter 'VideoMixingRenderer9'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin '~Line21 Output'

Filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
        CLSID: {AFB6C280-2C41-11D3-8A60-0000F81E0E4A}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mpg2splt.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG-2 Stream'
            Connected to pin 'Capture' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_PROGRAM, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'Audio Out'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder for Hauppauge'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_AUDIO, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Video Out'
            Connected to pin 'Video Input' of filter 'InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: ksproxy.ax
        Output Pin 'Capture'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG-2 Stream' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_PROGRAM, Format type FORMAT_None
        Input Pin 'Analog Video In'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Decoder Out' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Crossbar'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogVideo  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_AnalogVideo
        Input Pin 'Analog Audio In'
            Connected to pin '1: Audio Decoder Out' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Crossbar'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type MEDIASUBTYPE_None
        Output Pin 'VBI'
        Output Pin 'Video YUV'
        Output Pin 'Audio PCM'
        Output Pin 'Preview Video'
        Output Pin 'Preview Audio'

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Crossbar'
        CLSID: {71F96460-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Host: ksxbar.ax
        Input Pin '0: Video Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II TvTuner'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogVideo  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_AnalogVideo
        Input Pin '1: Video Composite In'
        Input Pin '2: Video Composite In'
        Input Pin '3: Video SVideo In'
        Input Pin '4: Audio Line In'
        Input Pin '5: Audio Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio Out' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II TvAudio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '0: Video Decoder Out'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture'
        Output Pin '1: Audio Decoder Out'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Audio In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type MEDIASUBTYPE_None

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II TvAudio'
        CLSID: {71F96462-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Host: ksxbar.ax
        Input Pin 'TVAudio In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Audio' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II TvTuner'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'TVAudio Out'
            Connected to pin '5: Audio Tuner In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Crossbar'

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II TvTuner'
        CLSID: {266EEE40-6C63-11CF-8A03-00AA006ECB65}
        Host: kstvtune.ax
        Output Pin 'Analog Video'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Tuner In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Crossbar'
        Output Pin 'Analog Audio'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II TvAudio'
        Output Pin 'FM Audio'
Pages: [1]   Go Up