INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ questions  (Read 2090 times)

cubanresourceful

• Recent member
MJ questions
« on: December 14, 2008, 12:58:14 am »

I'm currently using JRiver Media Jukebox, and I love it! Soon, I'll get (if money allows) JRiver Media Center 13! (Tried the demo and fell in love with it.) Now, I am just wondering/asking/suggesting a few things.

I saw that I couldn't (somehow) play a Musepack V8 file. Is this a known thing?

Secondly, I can see you can encode audio files, why not video? Or at least allow the functionality to be there.  I would love a sync option to allow external encoders, so I can hook up some x264 and AAC, and mux it. :D

Lastly, maybe built-in support for file management? (Like the dreaded iTunes.) Though a better one, where you can customize the output, like so: %MUSIC%\%ALBUM ARTIST%\%DATE% %ALBUM%\%DISC NUMBER%-%TRACK NUMBER% %TRACK NAME%.%EXT%

What do you guys think?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
MJ questions
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 07:52:56 am »

1.  Don't know about Musepack support
2.  There is no video support in MJ
3.  For file management try the Library Tools.  "Rename Files from Properties" should work.  In MC that's called "Move, Copy ...".  Try a few before you do very many.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: MJ questions
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 08:24:01 am »

I saw that I couldn't (somehow) play a Musepack V8 file. Is this a known thing?

After double-checking in google I see that Musepack is an 'MPC' file and I can play those in both MC12 and MJ12, however I am not certain about the 'Musepack V8 file' you mention. If it plays in a standard MPC format then it should be playable, if it is a variant then perhaps not.
. . . the game is rigged

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 08:47:19 am »

This is the "official" SV8 status for now:

The Musepack SV8 beta is out. The new stream version solves all of the format's issues and opens a vast range of possibilties. We have set a goal to make Musepack an optimal choice for any kind of application which demands high quality audio. SV8 offers many improvements and benefits to anyone from users to content providers to application developers.

Musepack audio can now be used in video, online radio, voice communications and more. It's optimal for projects which demand high quality, fast-decoded, truly gapless audio streams and instant, sample-accurate seeking such as video games, interactive or static demonstrations and various specialized applications.

This is a beta of the format's stream version itself and not just the codec's accompanying applications. SV8 is complete, but it needs to be finalized. There is a chance that some bugs have gone unnoticed. The purpose of this beta release is to allow wide-scale testing before the new stream version is finalized. Your participation is essential.

We don't recommend that you start mass-encoding or converting SV7 files to SV8 just yet. If changes to the bitstream will have to be made, they may break compatibility with files created by the beta version. After the public beta testing period is finished (the period of time depends on the findings) and the final version is released, you could safely encode and convert.

To support SV8 JRiver would need to create a new input plugin.

In general the stream version 8 is not intended to give better audio quality. It includes very few if any changes that can affect audio quality. Its advantages are in the other areas.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

cubanresourceful

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 07:34:09 pm »

1.  Don't know about Musepack support
2.  There is no video support in MJ
3.  For file management try the Library Tools.  "Rename Files from Properties" should work.  In MC that's called "Move, Copy ...".  Try a few before you do very many.

Well, the number 2 was directed at Media Center, that's why I posted it there sorry! But yeah, that would be a "request" for media center. And Musepack, yeah that's what I figured, just wondering! And, about number 3, didn't know that, thanks!

I love this software, plus with the East Side skin, its awesome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up