INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View -- a Fresh New Face  (Read 6612 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Theater View -- a Fresh New Face
« on: December 18, 2008, 01:45:11 pm »

In 13.0.93, you'll find a nearly complete version of the new Theater View.

To use it, please switch the skin to Obsidian in Tools/Options/Theater View.

Complete pictures are here.

Below are a few of them.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View -- a Fresh New Face
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 02:17:11 pm »

With this build, nesting also returns to Theater View.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 03:04:56 pm »

However, I think we should emphasize a huge warning from Matt:

Two notes:

In a coming build, Theater View views may be reset to the stock views as we finalize the system.  If you believe there are stock views that should be there that aren't, please let us know.  An album view for images is one I miss.

Also, we're still planning to provide an easy way to copy a Standard View view scheme in to Theater View.

So be careful spending a bunch of time setting up those Theater View views for right now.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 04:14:41 pm »

Hi Jim,
Why did you replace the old skin instead of adding a new one? Can we have both? Oldsidan and Newsidan?
I tried to copy the old one from MC12 to MC13 which resulted in some strange cross between the two..
It's not like I don't like the new one.. It's great!  just wanna have more choices..

Thanks!
--max

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 04:41:15 pm »

Still hoping for a view like this, where I could see the information about the item before playing it.

Other than that I think the Theater View is starting to be almost perfect.  :)

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 03:58:29 am »

I like the new style, especially the way to control it with the navigation keys (arrow up, down, left & right)
thx

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 06:50:52 am »

Still hoping for a view like this, where I could see the information about the item before playing it.

Yeah, I use XBMC with the MediaStream skin in my living room.  Nothing I've tried comes close to this UI.  But I use MC for everything else - nothing I've tried comes close to it for media management.

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 07:15:28 am »

I hope for this one day my self. First off, the info view at the right side will give you info on the item selected today. Just not those reviews and stuff that's in that example.
The first problem with this kind of movie view you are reffering to is that we need some way of downloading images and info for movies before we can display it. We could manually inserted tags now, but it would be to troublesome for the normal user to do the job. The display view of the Theater View can provide some information, and it's pretty well placed today. Might be a little small for some movie reviews etc, but hopefully the TV view can we fitted when the basic movie stuff if it's implemented some day. The other problem we are facing is that we would need a way to say what should be displayed in todays info view. Some way of costumizing the info view would be good.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 08:49:25 pm »

Here we go again...

This type of movie information view has been raised in many a thread previously. Do we need to hijack another one with it? ;D

rjm

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 11:40:24 pm »

I hope for this one day my self. First off, the info view at the right side will give you info on the item selected today. Just not those reviews and stuff that's in that example.
The first problem with this kind of movie view you are reffering to is that we need some way of downloading images and info for movies before we can display it. We could manually inserted tags now, but it would be to troublesome for the normal user to do the job. The display view of the Theater View can provide some information, and it's pretty well placed today. Might be a little small for some movie reviews etc, but hopefully the TV view can we fitted when the basic movie stuff if it's implemented some day. The other problem we are facing is that we would need a way to say what should be displayed in todays info view. Some way of costumizing the info view would be good.

Collectorz.com's Movie Collector was until last week the best choice for serious movie collectors. In their latest version released a week ago they dropped support for pulling info from IMDB, Amazon, and DVD Empire. Their hard core user base is pissed and is looking for an alternative. There could be an opening in the market here for JRiver.

)p(

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 12:24:49 am »

There could be an opening in the market here for JRiver.

Indeed...call Imdb and make them a good offer to access their database ;)  :)

peter

rick.ca

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 12:40:42 am »

Collectorz.com's Movie Collector was until last week the best choice for serious movie collectors.

Personal Video Database has always been a better choice, IMHO. And it's very easy to export/import the information into MC. JRiver is not going to be able to entice serious movie collectors away from applications like this. I think the priority should be on providing better ways to display this information—particularly in Theater View.

Indeed...call Imdb and make them a good offer to access their database

Yes, this is the biggest impediment to JRiver providing a content solution. IMDb and sites like it are open and free to end users, but not to a commercial enterprise.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 04:27:20 am »

Personal Video Database has always been a better choice, IMHO. And it's very easy to export/import the information into MC. JRiver is not going to be able to entice serious movie collectors away from applications like this. I think the priority should be on providing better ways to display this information—particularly in Theater View.

Yes, this is the biggest impediment to JRiver providing a content solution. IMDb and sites like it are open and free to end users, but not to a commercial enterprise.

I use DVDProfiler and swear by it.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 10:44:42 am »

This is a much better theater view interface than in MC12. I am loving it.

Great job. And, thanks.

Osho

raldo

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 03:56:19 pm »

This is a much better theater view interface than in MC12. I am loving it.

Great job. And, thanks.

Osho

Same here!
Pages: [1]   Go Up