INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building a queue on the fly  (Read 1918 times)

gt93grad

• World Citizen
Building a queue on the fly
« on: January 11, 2009, 12:17:35 pm »

In my old jukebox software, I can build a queue on the fly.  So I can click an REM song, a Travis Tritt song, and a Ozzy Osbourne song, and it will show all 3 at the bottom of the screen (a queue) and play them in that order.  I can load up a queue with as many songs as I want instead of playing one album/song at a time.  Can this software do this somehow?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Building a queue on the fly
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 12:43:06 pm »

Yes. Actually, MC provides several different ways to do what you want and more.

Here's a way:

Right-click the track and select "Add to Playing Now" or "More Play Options > ..."

In MC "Playing Now" is the playback queue you are talking about. You can use the Tabs feature and open a new tab for Playing Now so that you can quickly switch between a library view and the Playing Now view. If you want to see these two views side by side you can use the Split view feature (View > Split View > Show 2 Views). You can also add a shortcut button for Playing Now to the top or bottom toolbar (right-click the toolbar to customize it).

If you want to assign double-click to a certain play function you can change the behavior in Tools > Options > General > Behavior. I have set it to "Add to Playing Now (to end)". If I want to quickly play just the selected track I use "right-click > Play". In addition, I have set MC to not use one of the "Jump on play" options when the play command is issued so that I can easily continue browsing the library in the current location.

As I said, MC has several other related features and options that you might find useful. This is just for starters.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 11:28:28 pm »

Wow, thanks Alex. I didn't ask the original question, but your answer solved many an issue and some things that weren't even issues. :)

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 11:30:54 am »

I'll give that a shot.  Am I correct that in the 3D view, you can't "Add to Playing Now"?  It looks like in the 3D view, you can only play a song or CD, but not add to a playlist or "playing now".  I wonder why not...
Pages: [1]   Go Up