More > Media Center 13 (Development Ended)

Photo 'rating' tag does not save in Vista file 'rating' property

(1/2) > >>

geiselb:
When I update the Photo 'rating' tag in MC 13, it does not save in Vista file 'rating' property.

I have "Update tags when the file info changes" set for the Rating field and for all tags.

MC caption tag saves Vista 'Comment' tag file property, so tag to file interface seems fine.

Is this a known bug?  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Brian

)p(:
I am not sure its a bug but its a known issue. I would also like to see mc's rating saved to vista ratings. Maybe not only images but just like Vista for all kinds of media files.

peter

JONCAT:
I'm having a similar issues:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50197.0

DC

geiselb:
I have been trying to find where JRiver documents tag mappings to see if a work around could be created.  Possibly creating a new tag which could be mapped to a specific Vista file system property.
Not really sure where to look but I figured that I would dig around & see what I could find.
I am not sure if anyone has the MC rating writing to the file rating, but it sure appears pretty logical to me that MC would map it to the file rating property.  Seems like a bug.  Maybe in the 'write to' attribute.

geiselb:
Interesting....

An mp3 rating tag is saved to Vista file rating property.  It works as expected synching with an update to either MC or to the file property, but for jpg images, the ratings tag does not synch either way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version