INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DirectShow Audio Renderer (Reclock) now Dynamic Speaker Config!  (Read 4099 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
DirectShow Audio Renderer (Reclock) now Dynamic Speaker Config!
« on: February 20, 2009, 04:08:24 pm »

Reclock now supports on the Dynamic Speaker Config!  Like how WASAPI exclusive can detect the number of tracks in an Audio (eg 2Ch / 5.1 etc) and then output only these, for the first time we now have a DirectShow Audio Renderer that can do the same.  It means that you can leave your Sound Config as 5.1 / 7.1 etc in Windows and the renderer will Auto Switch between 2.0, 5.1 etc pending on what is in the file being played.  This stops the problem where there are 3.1 Blank Channels being broadcast when playing a 2.0 stream on a 5.1 config negating all the processing your Receiver normally does.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=19931

1.8.3.5 - 20/02/2009
* New: Added option to set matching speaker configuration for PCM sound using WaveOut or DirectSound.
This is very useful if you use a 7.1 surround capable HDMI connector for sound playback, e.g. ATI Radeon 4xxxx.
Works best with DSound output, but WaveOut is supported, too.

I've tested on Vista 32-Bit SP-1 and it works great with MC13!.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Re: DirectShow Audio Renderer (Reclock) now Dynamic Speaker Config!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 08:31:23 pm »

WOW! Thanks for the link jmone!

To be honest, although I knew it existed, I had no idea that the 4% speedup made such a huge difference - 4% doesnt seem like it would make much of a difference but WOW!

This will make a big difference to opera and classical DVDs!

(for those of you you haven't heard the direct comparison - go and try it!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up