INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to customize Theater View...  (Read 2288 times)

Siafu11

• Recent member
Trying to customize Theater View...
« on: May 27, 2009, 02:17:16 pm »

Hey all,

I have a custom view scheme for all my audio that first groups artists by letter, then shows the individual artists, and then the albums. My issues is that if I only have one artist under "K" (ex. Kaiser Chiefs), and one album by that artist, and hit the left arrow to go to the next sort category, it takes me straight into the album and displays the song names. In doing so, it skips the artist and album name category so when someone else is looking through my music, they have no idea what artist/album they were just taken to until they play the song.

I can think of two solutions to my problem. The first is to force theater view to go through each sort category even when there is only one available option. I have not yet found a way to do this, and was hoping someone could tell me if this is possible or not, and how to do it. The second is to change that title bar on the top (I am currently using the obsidian skin) to always display the last two sort categories, instead of the full directory listing (ex. Audio > Music > K > Kaiser Chiefs > Employment). The full directory listing wouldn't be too bad except I am using a fairly small low res. monitor (1024x768) with fairly large fonts so it can be read from across the room and text gets cut off often. I have read through the wiki about changing the xml file to customize the skin but cannot figure out exactly how to accomplish this either.

There is one other small aesthetic problem I am having. The "Playing Now" screen is set up to display "Damaged Layers V", and I edited that visualization so that the song name/artist/album is all centered in that window, but again due to the large font size some longer artist names or song titles get cut off, is there any way to have the text automatically shrink to fit? I haven't had a chance to mess with the visualization editing yet.

I am currently using version 12.0.512.

I already searched the forums and change logs to find any answers but couldn't find anything, so if I missed a post detailing any of these then point me in the right direction. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Adam

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trying to customize Theater View...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 02:25:27 pm »

It may not solve your problem, but it's worth looking at MC13.  Theater View is much improved and offers some degree of customization.

There is a special $19.98 upgrade price now.  

More here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up