INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: PvdImport plugin now released!  (Read 50606 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Re: PvdImport plugin now released!
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2009, 02:13:19 am »

Are you an administrator? Is MC run with administrative privileges?

Can you double check the plugin version (Plugin manager/interfaceplugins)?

AND! Back to my question on your pvdconf.ini file: Is the network key still set to 0 (Network=0) ? As far as I understand, this means that PVD doesn't use SQL server but an embedded server. If that's true, then PVD will work but not PvdImport.

You should be able to fix this in PVD by choosing File"Connect to server" and then pointing to the PVD database file.

Yes I am an administrator. So I assume it is run with administrator privleges, but do I need to check this separately?

Plugin Version is 1.1.3

Yes, the network is still set to 0.

Here is the error I get when MC14 shuts down and I click more details:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   mediac~1.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   14.0.45.0
  Problem Signature 03:   4a72ff64
  Problem Signature 04:   mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:   2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:   49d44798
  Problem Signature 07:   344a
  Problem Signature 08:   26d
  Problem Signature 09:   System.IO.IOException
  OS Version:   6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033

And last thing on the connect to server thing within PVD... Do I just type in the location on disk? I don't have like a browse for file option to point to my database

?

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2009, 05:07:08 am »

And last thing on the connect to server thing within PVD... Do I just type in the location on disk? I don't have like a browse for file option to point to my database
Yes, it's the path to the .pvd file .

raldo

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2009, 08:17:50 am »

Steve,

I have narrowed down a possible area in the code where possibly a crash may occur.

It's just that similar files (with similar filenames) don't cause a crash on my system.

If you'd send me your PVD database, I'll try it and see if I can provoke the error...

raldo

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2009, 01:34:20 pm »

If you'd send me your PVD database, I'll try it and see if I can provoke the error...

I've now tried your db and it works perfectly on my system. That means that there is no anomaly in the DB which PvdImport cannot handle.

Did you manage to File\"Connect To Server" in PVD?

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2009, 01:59:03 pm »

I've now tried your db and it works perfectly on my system. That means that there is no anomaly in the DB which PvdImport cannot handle.

Did you manage to File\"Connect To Server" in PVD?

Everytime I load up PVD now, it can't open the database. :(

raldo

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2009, 02:08:09 pm »

Ok, why don't you try and see if you can open the pvd config file, found in: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Personal Video Database\pvdconf.ini .

Warning: use notepad.exe for editing and saving this file! some editors mangle the special characters Nostra used to code some of the settings in this file!

Set "Network=1" and "FileName=[your path to pvdconf.ini]"

Here's how my file looks:

Code: [Select]
[Application]
Version=9009011

[DataBase]
Network=1
FileName=..\..\Documents and Settings\[your username]\My Documents\Personal Video Database\movies.pvd
Mode=0
RecentFiles=
RecentTypes=

What I described above sets up PVD to connect via the Server and not the embedded Firebird client. I suspect that now, the embedded server locks down the pvd database file so that PvdImport cannot access the file... And vice versa. That's *maybe*  the reasonn why PVD crashes...

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2009, 11:43:35 am »

It seems I'm getting very close but I still get "could not find file in PVD...Exiting", when I test or import.

Here is some data:
-MC 14.0.46
-XP
-Firebird 2.1.2 (both processes are running)
-PVD 0.9.9.11 (I've entered 4 test movies into a PVD database)
-MC says "Plugin Initiated OK" when I launch the PVDImport plugin....no errors
-PVD DB: is pointed to my valid PVD database.

But.....it returns "could not find file in PVD" when I click test (my test is an .iso file).  When I click "Start" it attempts to find all my movies (DVD, etc) but still does'nt find my 4 PVD movies.

I read somewhere in this thread about "manually associating my files with PVD".  If this is true, how do I do this?

Thanks....

Edit:

Didn't know I needed to scan my folders (in PVD) to complete the database.  After I did that I had some success.  I ran the plugin in MC and got tags for the .mpgs and the .iso files.  No joy for my .m2ts files or DVD rips (\dvd name\video_ts\files).  Any advice to troubleshoot.  All my DVDs and .m2ts(HDs) are now nicely tagged now in PVD.

raldo

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2009, 03:16:24 pm »

No joy for my .m2ts files or DVD rips (\dvd name\video_ts\files).  Any advice to troubleshoot.  All my DVDs and .m2ts(HDs) are now nicely tagged now in PVD.

Hey Badger,

Nice to hear that you're seeing some progress!

In general PvdImport uses the [Filename] tag to look up the files in PVD. [Filename] must be *exactly* equal to one of the files listed in PVD. There is one exception here, and that exception is wrt. DVDs. I'll elaborate further down. You can find the list of filenames per movie in the lowermost pane on the right in PVD, "File Path:". When a movie consists of several files, each fie is separated by the pipe symbol, |

For DVDs, PVD stores the VIDEO_TS.IFO name with the full path. However, in MC the corresponding [Filename] tag has the name VIDEO_TS.DVD;1 with the full path.

In view of the above, do you see the same paths for the .m2ts files and the same path but the replaced extension in MC for the DVDs?

Btw, does MC correctly extract the name from the path when you have the video_ts folder "inbetween"?

As an example I have a dvd, [Filename] =\\Server\Videos\Spillefilm\The Wrestler\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1

--- And that works ok..

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2009, 04:40:56 pm »

I see.  Here is the exact Filename tag I have for "The Wrestler" DVD.

D:\Video_DVDs\Wrestler\video_ts\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1

PVD does not seem to have this path listed, so I guess that's the problem?

MC does indeed correctly pull the "name" as "Wrestler" for me.  To do this, I had to set the DVD RIPPING FOLDER RULE (under options, file location) to [name]\video_ts.  Do I need to change all the filename tags to end with "video_ts.ifo"?

Regarding the .m2ts files, they are working now.  Thanks.

raldo

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2009, 04:58:21 pm »

D:\Video_DVDs\Wrestler\video_ts\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1

PVD does not seem to have this path listed, so I guess that's the problem?

Yes, I'd say that's it. You could move the files up one level and change the ripping rule. Then PVD should probably detect your files.

Or you could post in the videodb.info forum and see if there's a way around this in PVD.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2009, 12:00:33 pm »

I found a work-around that works for now.  I didn't want to rearrange my folder structure so I inserted a bogus file into the video_ts folder for each dvd:

"Video_TS.DVD;1.vob"

Its really just a one line .txt file that doesn't affect playback.  This file matches MCs "filename" tag so PVD picks it up for each DVD and the plugin works great.  This plugin is great work!  Now ALL my videos can be tagged in MC in a matter of seconds.   Thanks!

raldo

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2009, 12:26:24 pm »

Its really just a one line .txt file that doesn't affect playback.  This file matches MCs "filename" tag so PVD picks it up for each DVD and the plugin works great.  This plugin is great work!  Now ALL my videos can be tagged in MC in a matter of seconds.   Thanks!
I posted a question on this in the PVD forums regarding this:

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1455.0

Maybe we'll find a more permanent solution on the PVD side.

rick.ca

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2009, 05:25:36 pm »

Please see my post in the PVD Forum. There does seem to be a problem with PVD recognizing a path change of this sort. While I can see how this would create some confusion, I don't think badger's work-around is necessary. If the correct path is recorded in PVD, PvdImport will correctly match it to MC's "DVD;1" filename designation—whether or not a VIDEO_TS subdirectory is used.

maid

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2009, 01:20:59 am »

Hello,

Could someone please give me a step by step on how to set this up.

I dont seem to be able to import my library.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

raldo

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2009, 10:29:10 am »

I dont seem to be able to import my library.

(i) in PVD: tools\preferences , select "use silent mode for all plugins"

(ii) then, tools\"scan folders for new movies [...]" . In the dialog which then pops up, select the topmost folder(s) of your media collection(s)

PVD should now start searching through those folders. This probably will take a long time for 600 movies.

Afterwards, you'll have to quality control the silence option in (i) by looking through your movies...

maid

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2009, 05:48:48 pm »

Hello and thank you so much,

I have now got my movies into PVD.

How do I get the information to MC?

Where is the best place for covers??

Cheers  ;)
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

raldo

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2009, 05:59:28 am »

Hello and thank you so much,

How do I get the information to MC?

Where is the best place for covers??

Cheers  ;)

Backup MC's database!

I think the best way to proceed is to play around a bit and see what happens. Read the UserManual (there's a button on the plugin's page), try to import data from PVD by going through the "test procedure" in the userManual.

You may want to add some new fields to MC or at least make the fields listed on the plugin page correspond with some fields in MC...

Wrt. covers, I just use the single folder option which is the same as my CD covers.

raldo

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2009, 07:32:13 am »

Btw, I'm curious to hear, how did "silent mode" work out for you?

As far as I understand, you imported around 600 movies. How would you assess the quality of the end result of the imported movies?

maid

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2009, 06:41:42 pm »

Hello
I have tested this and read the manual.
I keep getting file not found.
(I think the best way to proceed is to play around a bit and see what happens. Read the UserManual (there's a button on the plugin's page), try to import data from PVD by going through the "test procedure" in the userManual.)

Is this because I am working through a network??

Cheers

tuvx2

• Recent member
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2009, 07:17:58 pm »

I've added my collection successfully to PVD, pointing to the VIDEO_TS.IFO file of the imaged DVD folder. When I run PVDImport, it does not find any matches... it imports the DVDs as VIDEO_TS.DVD;1
Is there a way to get PVDImport to match the two files?

rick.ca

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2009, 04:48:08 am »

When I run PVDImport, it does not find any matches... it imports the DVDs as VIDEO_TS.DVD;1

It's not clear what you mean by this. "DVD;1" is a designation unique to MC, not an actual file. PvdImport matches the actual IFO and VOB files (there can be more than one per video) to the "VIDEO_TS.DVD;1" filename that MC records.

If it's not importing the data, what error is it reporting in the log?

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2009, 03:04:59 pm »

Very impressive extension, thank u guys very much

upd: and small bug? report..

I also can not import info for my DVD (video_ts folders on network drive connected as V:)

example for one DVD:

In PVD DB filename field have this paths:
Code: [Select]
"V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.VOB|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.VOB|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_0.IFO|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_0.VOB|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1.VOB|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_2.VOB|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_3.VOB|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_4.VOB|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_0.IFO|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_0.VOB|V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_1.VOB".Also I will try set only "V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO" in this field with same result

Mass Import log for this release - "Processing: V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1 .. Could not find file in PVD. Exiting
Test log (if I set "V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO) :  Processing: V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO .. Could not find file in MC. Exiting

For all other filetypes all worked fine

raldo

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2009, 01:22:40 am »

Very impressive extension, thank u guys very much

Thank you!

upd: and small bug? report..

I also can not import info for my DVD (video_ts folders on network drive connected as V:)
[...]
Mass Import log for this release - "Processing: V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1 .. Could not find file in PVD. Exiting
Test log (if I set "V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO) :  Processing: V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO .. Could not find file in MC. Exiting
Did you check out the FAQ (Q: The plugin doesn't work, what do I do)? Similar questions are answered there...

Do that, please, and then we can check out if it's got something to do with the cyrillic folder name. Do you have .avi files in your Аниме folder?

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2009, 12:24:35 pm »

Quote from: raldo
Did you check out the FAQ (Q: The plugin doesn't work, what do I do)?[/url] Similar questions are answered there...
Do that, please

I have read but not all understood, sorry. In my PVD database DVD filename fields looks like in faq - several dvd files (included VIDEO_TS.IFO) with full patch, each fie is separated by the pipe symbol, |.
In MC library DVD filename also looks like in faq - "VIDEO_TS.DVD;1 with the full path".
But info for dvd not imported.

and then we can check out if it's got something to do with the cyrillic folder name. Do you have .avi files in your Аниме folder?

No problem with any other my files and folders. For example, information about "M:\Video\Детские мультфильмы\Губка Боб - Квадратные Штаны.avi" imported fine.

thank you

raldo

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2009, 03:17:35 pm »

So, the paths are exactly equal in PVD and MC...

If you don't mind can you email me your .pvd database? harald.wikeroy at gmail.com

raldo

« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2009, 04:25:45 pm »

Hmmm,

It works for me with your database, strange.

After importing the .ifo file, it looks like this in mc:
     V:\Аниме\Parasite dolls\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1

Can you please copy paste the [Filename] tag contents to your reply post? I'm just trying to see if there are differences...

Maybe you can try moving your movie to the M: drive ?

tuvx2

• Recent member
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2009, 04:46:18 pm »

It's not clear what you mean by this. "DVD;1" is a designation unique to MC, not an actual file. PvdImport matches the actual IFO and VOB files (there can be more than one per video) to the "VIDEO_TS.DVD;1" filename that MC records.

I'm probably missing something... I imported ifo/vob files into MC. I get a list under video with a bunch of VIDEO_TS files. When you look at the filename (in MC), it gives that DVD;1 designation.

I added the same movies to the PVD. When I execute PVDImport it does not find any matches. I get messages such as "Processing: S:\X-Men\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1.. Could not find file in PVD. Exiting."

So my question was, how am I able to auto-import my dvd library, and have PVDImport match them to the PVD?

raldo

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2009, 04:49:26 pm »

I added the same movies to the PVD. When I execute PVDImport it does not find any matches. I get messages such as "Processing: S:\X-Men\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1.. Could not find file in PVD. Exiting."

So my question was, how am I able to auto-import my dvd library, and have PVDImport match them to the PVD?
Does "File Path:" in PVD contain "S:\X-Men\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.ifo" ?

deazo

• Recent member
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2009, 11:31:47 pm »

Hi Raldo,

I am a regular user of PVD and I've just build a new HTPC. I've found your plugin which would be perfect for me if only I could get it to work on my system.
 Can I post this question here in the middle of the thread?
 Please create a new one if necessary.
 I do not have any knowledge in regards to using the plugin and how it works, but I have followed the instructions given on the first post and nothing seems to work...
 Well let's list what seem to work, or what I have done.
 - Firebirds services are running fine.
 - I have created a "test" PVD database containing one single movie.
 - I have pointed the connect to server to: "C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\My Documents\Personal Video Database\TEST.PVD" (if I used "C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\My Documents\Personal Video Database" it would give me an error message.
  - I have installed the pvdimport plugin.
  - I have added the unique video file (he same one as in TEST.PVD) to MC, with the exact same file path. Did I need to do that? Does it mean when I will import hundreds of PVD movie cards into MC, I will have first to import all video files into MC?

Here is what is not working (or seems to):
 - In the bottom view of the plugin page in MC I get "Fatal error! Failed to load Pvdimport configuration file [with the file path to the config file]" and another line "Plugin initiated OK"
 - When I click on "load" at the top of the page to load the field config file I get a Microsoft.NET Framework error message "unhandled exception..."
I get this error message whenever I try to point the plugin to the field config file, the pvd database, or the video file I want to test.

I have checked my config and I have the latest .NET Framework installed.

Can you help?
Many thanks in advance.

rick.ca

« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2009, 03:20:23 pm »

Hi deazo,

Raldo is away from web access today. It's not obvious to me what is wrong, but here are my suggestions...

Although I doubt this is an issue, just to make sure Firebird Server is working as expected, connect to your test database from PVD. That is, use File - Connect to server... You may have to unload your test database first—by loading a different database. If that works, we'll know for sure the problem is not with the server or the database.

Yes, you will need to import your movies into MC, but MC does this more or less automatically. Once configured (with media paths and types to import), it will scan for new media whenever requested, or you can set it to auto-import. The purpose of PvdImport is to populate videos in MC with meta data from PVD, not to import the media itself.

Since we don't know what's wrong, it might be a good idea to uninstall PvdImport and reinstall it using it's default settings.

I vaguely recall PvdImport being somewhat confusing to configure (including unexpected errors). I think this centred around the fact it has one set of Load and Save buttons, but there are two configuration files—PvdImportFieldConfig.xml for the field configuration, and PvdImportConfiguration.xml for other settings. The Load and Save controls are for the field configuration only—so you can save and load different field configurations. The other settings are saved immediately—as you change them. So...

All you should be doing to get started is using the PVD DB: button to set the location of your database, the Set button to set the location of your test file (which, of course, must be one included in your database), and then Test to see if it works.

After making changes to the field configuration, use the Save button to save them for the next session.

deazo

• Recent member
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2009, 03:47:48 pm »

Thanks for the reply Rick,
how do I check that firebird server is working as expected? I did the File/connect to server/[path to my pvd database] and got no message at all, that is no error message but no confirmation either.
 Firebird processes are running in the background.

I have also removed pvdimport plugin from MC. By the way, I don't know if this is a problem, but the plugin in MC was in the "interface" plugins menu, not the "imput" one, does that make a difference?
 Anyway I re-installed it (it went again in the Interface menu).
I get exactly the same behavior.
When I open the plugin screen in MC, there is the fatal error at the very bottom of the screen, followed by a "plugin initiated OK".
Then when I try to either Load the field conf file, Set the pvd path with PVD DB, or set the path to the video file, I get the "unhandled exception..." error message.
(I am trying to post an image here of these messages but I can't find the option)

I have an idea but it might be a shot in the water... is there any windows service that HAS TO be running for this to work? I know I have stopped some of these services a while back to optimize my XP but I'm thinking that one of them might be needed for this? let me know if you know of one.

Apart from that i am completely lost...

rick.ca

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2009, 05:18:21 pm »

how do I check that firebird server is working as expected? I did the File/connect to server/[path to my pvd database] and got no message at all, that is no error message but no confirmation either.

The title bar should indicate "([computer name]:[database path] Network)" so you know exactly what is loaded and how. Other than that, if it works, it works. ;)

I have also removed pvdimport plugin from MC. By the way, I don't know if this is a problem, but the plugin in MC was in the "interface" plugins menu, not the "input" one, does that make a difference?

No, it's an interface plugin. If you used the Plugin Manager to "uninstall" the plugin, this would be ineffective (assuming there's anything an uninstall might fix—like a troublesome registry entry). If you didn't before, close MC and uninstall PvdImport using the Windows Add or Remove Programs. Then run the MSI installation package again.

BTW, I'm assuming you're running MC14 on XP.

deazo

• Recent member
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2009, 07:17:10 am »

The title bar should indicate "([computer name]:[database path] Network)" so you know exactly what is loaded and how. Other than that, if it works, it works

I think this is where I am lost and where there must be the problem. What "title bar" are you referring to?
PVD? In that case, there is nothing in the title bar.
Firebird? I do not see a firebird window anywhere. I only see the two processes running in the background. I have found the ISQL tool but it's a DOS command window that I don't know what to do with...

If you didn't before, close MC and uninstall PvdImport using the Windows Add or Remove Programs. Then run the MSI installation package again.

BTW, I'm assuming you're running MC14 on XP.
I have properly unistalled/re-installed pvdimport yes. Also you are right to assume I am on XP using MC14.

I think if you clarify what title bar you are refering to, this will put me on the path to solution...

rick.ca

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2009, 04:14:43 pm »

Wikipedia to the rescue... ;)

In computing, the title bar consists of that part of a window where the title of the window appears. Most graphical operating systems and window managers position the title bar at the top of the application window as a horizontal bar.

I was referring to PVD's title bar.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2009, 05:24:06 pm »

Here is the latest for me:

I have gotten PVDImport to work, or so it appears. However, when I go to my standard view, a few fields that I'd like to see are empty.

Do I need to add certain field types to my library before I run PVDImport? For instance, I'd like to see the imdb rating and all the genres in my library. However, when I run the import, this isn't happening.

I'm doing this on a clean install and before, I was able to see all the genres, all thge movies were assigned a rating from IMDB, and the actors all imported fine. Now, none of this works despite the apparent success when I run the import.

maid

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2009, 06:31:33 pm »

Hi,

Can I ask a quick question.
I have finally got this to work but is there a way of not importing so many actors.

Mine seems to be importing the whole cast.

Cheers

rick.ca

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2009, 07:21:25 pm »

Do I need to add certain field types to my library before I run PVDImport? For instance, I'd like to see the imdb rating and all the genres in my library. However, when I run the import, this isn't happening.

PvdImport does exactly what the field configuration tells it to do. To see all that's available in the default configuration, check "Ignored." Note the convention used is to preface the name of any suggested user fields with a "." (period). If you want to use any of these (like .Genre and .Rating IMDb), you have to create a field of the required type with exactly the same name in MC using Manage Library Fields. The required type is indicated in the "Description" column. The "McField" name can be changed to whatever you like, as long as it's exactly the same in MC and PvdImport. Once a matching field has been created in MC, remove the check from the "I" (ignore) column.

rick.ca

« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2009, 07:33:18 pm »

I have finally got this to work but is there a way of not importing so many actors. Mine seems to be importing the whole cast.

There's no way to limit the amount of information PvdImport imports into a single field. You can, however, limit the number of actors imported into PVD. In Preferences - Plugins, select the IMDb plugin and then click on the Configure button. In the IMDb Configuration, select "Except actors (from main page only)." This downloads actors presented on the main IMDb page, instead of the full credits page. This restricts actors to the first 15 credited.

deazo

• Recent member
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2009, 11:22:48 am »

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the wikipedia explanation I did not know what a title bar was!! ;) Joke aside I was only asking which title bar you were reffering to, pvd or firebird.
 Yes the message is acually showing up like you described it, I had not noticed it.
Would you have any idea why the plugin is giving me these errors I have described?

Thanks again

D.

rick.ca

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2009, 03:44:33 pm »

Close MC and have a look at C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Plugins\PvdImport\PvdImportConfiguration.xml in a text editor. If the settings (particularly <FieldConfigFileName>, <PvdDatabaseFileName> and <TestFileName>) are missing or not what they should be, add or change them. Does that make a difference? If so, does the error still happen when you try to change any of those settings from within the plugin?

deazo

• Recent member
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2009, 11:25:16 pm »

Hi Rick,

Firs, sorry for my huge ignorance in this field.
I did not know I had first to modify the pvdimportconfiguration.xml file, so i have just tried to do it.
Let me know if I'm wrong but I have
- set the Fieldconfigfilename to the right path (in my case D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\Plugins\PvdImport\PvdImportFieldConfig.xml)
- set the PvdDatabaseFilename to the path for the test I am trying to first run, basically a database with one movie only (<PvdDatabaseFileName>test.pvd</PvdDatabaseFileName>)
- set the testfilename to the video file that is in my test.pvd database: (G:\Movies\Aberdeen\Aberdeen.avi)
After saving I still get exactly the same errors, the plugin can't load the config file and i get "unhandled exception" errors when trying to set the database, video file and field config file from within the plugin.
What do you mean by "If so, does the error still happen when you try to change any of those settings from within the plugin?" Can I also edit these settings from the plugin itself in MC?
I paste below the whole config xml file just in case you can spot any mistake:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PvdImportConfiguration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <FieldConfigFileName>D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\Plugins\PvdImport\PvdImportFieldConfig.xml</FieldConfigFileName>
  <UpdateCoverArt>true</UpdateCoverArt>
  <CoverArtMode>0</CoverArtMode>
  <CoverArtFolder>\\Server\Music\Cover Art</CoverArtFolder>
  <PvdDatabaseFileName>test.pvd</PvdDatabaseFileName>
  <TestFileName>G:\Movies\Aberdeen\Aberdeen.avi</TestFileName>
  <McSearchExpression>[Media Type]=[Data],[TV],[Video]</McSearchExpression>
  <OnlyWriteEmptyFields>true</OnlyWriteEmptyFields>
  <ShowTooltip>true</ShowTooltip>
  <ShowDescription> true</ShowDescription>
  </PvdImportConfiguration>

Thanks again.

rick.ca

« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2009, 12:19:19 am »

I did not know I had first to modify the pvdimportconfiguration.xml file...

Normally, you don't need to do this. But since you're getting errors when trying to make changes from within the program, I wanted to see if the errors could be avoided by making the changes this way.

<FieldConfigFileName>D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\Plugins\PvdImport\PvdImportFieldConfig.xml</FieldConfigFileName>

You told me you're running MC14, so this must be incorrect.

<PvdDatabaseFileName>test.pvd</PvdDatabaseFileName>

This needs to be a full pathname.

<CoverArtFolder>\\Server\Music\Cover Art</CoverArtFolder>

I don't know if it would cause any problems, but this doesn't look like a valid path.

What do you mean by "If so, does the error still happen when you try to change any of those settings from within the plugin?" Can I also edit these settings from the plugin itself in MC?

If this works—providing a complete configuration file so that nothing needs to be changed from within the program—I want to know if changes can then be made without the errors happening.

deazo

• Recent member
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2009, 12:37:00 am »

Yes I'm running MC14, but the plugin config file was using "13" as default and I did not spot that. It's now changed to "14".
  I have cleared the CoverArtFolder space since I don't have a cover art folder (covers are stored in the .pvd file in my settings)

No change, still can't load the config file, and still get the unhandled exception error...

rick.ca

« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2009, 03:05:00 pm »

I wonder if remnants of your MC13 installation are causing problems. Or maybe you still have MC13 installed. Does your D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\ directory still exist? Have the PvdImport registry entries been properly updated to point to the MC14 directory? Run regedit.exe and search for "PvdImport".

raldo

« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2009, 03:26:50 pm »

Yes I'm running MC14, but the plugin config file was using "13" as default and I did not spot that. It's now changed to "14".

I think it would be a good idea to uninstall, remove the C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Plugins\PvdImport folder (and the 13 one too), and then reinstall. Maybe the .xml files have become corrupt; they're not deleted upon uninstall...

Then you'll end up with default files etc. You'll of course have to make sure the file locations are properly set afterwards. Remember to press save... Sorry for your trouble; I honor your tenacity :)

I wonder if remnants of your MC13 installation are causing problems. Or maybe you still have MC13 installed. Does your D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\ directory still exist? Have the PvdImport registry entries been properly updated to point to the MC14 directory? Run regedit.exe and search for "PvdImport".

PvdImport does pop up a million times in the registry after install, unfortunately. I only add three items (I think) and they completely disappear in the noise...

deazo

• Recent member
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2009, 04:01:00 pm »

I have never installed MC13 on my system, this path was actually in the config file, not in my system (since I never had MC13).
Could you check on your side that the config file actually contains this line ? (I have already installed/uninstalled the plugin twice and I think this line was always part of the plugin config file).

Unless I'm missing something of course.

raldo

« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2009, 12:59:55 am »

I have never installed MC13 on my system, this path was actually in the config file, not in my system (since I never had MC13).
Could you check on your side that the config file actually contains this line ? (I have already installed/uninstalled the plugin twice and I think this line was always part of the plugin config file).

Unless I'm missing something of course.
You are correct in that the default *configured* path points to mc13. If PvdImport starts up and doesn't find the file in the default *configured* path, it should look in the path where PvdImport.dll is located.

So try this: Start MC, set the PvdFieldConfig path, exit MC.

Check PvdImport config file: Are the paths discussed  above correct now? If yes, start mc: can you import?

deazo

• Recent member
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2009, 02:09:10 am »

Thanks for the answer Raldo.
 You see this is the error I have described in a few posts in this thread.
 When I open MC, go to the pdvimport plugin, I first see a line at the bottom of the plugin saying "fatal error, failed to load pvd import config file" (followed by another line saying "plugin initiated OK".
None of the fields at the top are populated.
And then when I try to load the field config/or to select the pvd database/or set the video test file,  I get an .NET Framework Unhandled exception error message.
I have manually corrected the path within the config file but no change.

raldo

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2009, 03:08:40 am »

When I open MC, go to the pdvimport plugin, I first see a line at the bottom of the plugin saying "fatal error, failed to load pvd import config file" (followed by another line [...]
And then when I try to load the field config/or to select the pvd database/or set the video test file,  I get an .NET Framework Unhandled exception error message.
I have manually corrected the path within the config file but no change.

Sorry, the post is getting quite long, my fault...

This error indicates that PvdImport has found the file but doesn't manage to load it. I.e there is some kind of error relating to loading. Can you mail me the xml file?

harald.wikeroy at gmail.com . I'll take a look at it this evening.

deazo

• Recent member
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2009, 03:37:43 am »

Thanks, I have just emailed it to you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up