INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 14 Purchase Instructions  (Read 23413 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
MC 14 Purchase Instructions
« on: June 08, 2009, 03:05:39 pm »

Please see MC14 Upgrade Instructions on our wiki.

MC14 is no longer sold.  Please see the MC15 board.  Download the trial version at the top of the board.  Purchase from the Help menu in the program.  Thanks.

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
Re: MC 14 Purchase
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 02:50:47 am »

I hereby earmark my $14.98 to go towards chocolate cake for the devs and QA.   ;D

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 08:00:48 am »

Is there anyway to purchase without installing v14?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 08:03:56 am »

cattani

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Come to Black Sea !!! Constanta !!!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 12:28:07 pm »

i buy MC13 in last two week and now i upgrade to MC14 because i think MC deserve it.
nice price this time :)
Fii optimist si asteapta imposibilul !!!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 12:31:02 pm »

i buy MC13 in last two week and now i upgrade to MC14 because i think MC deserve it.
nice price this time :)
That's very kind of you.  Thanks.

DiiPii

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 01:47:27 pm »

I missed the deal last time and ended up upgrading anyway (so that I could get 'PlayRadio' MCC command)....so this time I figurered I like the concept of Tremote, so take the deal and just wait a while before using!

thanks for the deal. hope the cash helps move things along.

AussieBill

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Aussies do it upside down
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 12:37:14 am »

;D Well, your email worked, I just upgraded to MC14!

Thanks Jim

DanielBuus

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 10:40:21 am »

Hi !

I purchased MC8 many years ago,
I paid to upgrade to MC10, (I don't remenber the exact price, between 14 $ and 25 $, perhaps)
I paid to upgrade to MC11, (I don't remenber the exact price, between 14 $ and 25 $, perhaps)
I paid to upgrade to MC12, (I don't remenber the exact price, between 14 $ and 25 $, perhaps)
I paid to upgrade to MC13, (19,98 $)

Today, after all upgrades and payments, my MC13 seems as a sumptuous product !

Sorry, I will not to be ruined with... MC14

Good By.

Jean-Marc

...ooookay, so you figure that because you bought a product "many years ago" you should get the new version today for free? And throwing 15 bucks after the new version would leave you ruined?

Seriously, man, I too started out with MJ8, but I don't expect to get MC14 for free, just as I wouldn't expect to get Windows 7 for free because I own Windows 3.11 for Workgroups.

;)

ramblinflebro

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 01:03:22 pm »

I have just upgraded to MC14. I am dual booting my laptop with Vista 64 and Windows 7 64. I installed MC14 on Win 7. I have not tried all of the features, but so far MC14 and Win 7 are like a hand in glove. My question: I want to install MC14 on Vista, will this cost me one of the installs? I have 10 installs in a 12 month period. How is this 12 month period determined? From the date of purchase?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 01:18:31 pm »

Thanks for your purchase.  Here's a Q & A on this:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/buy_13.html

carbo

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 03:40:05 pm »

Upgrade purchased  ;D
Right now, MC14's content is still unclear but I'm pretty confident in JRiver to add some great things  (I can't wait to have relational DB  ;) )

And 14.98$ per year for MC, it's a very good deal !

Guillaume

flac.rules

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 08:12:15 am »

The upgrade to MC13 seemd to have been a bit transitional, not that many new exciting features for me (however a good focus on theater view), but the MC14-release is shaping up to be an exciting release judging from the proposed changes. So I'll be buying the upgrade when i get home tonight.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 05:10:12 pm »

Is there any way to get the upgrade price without installing MC13? I just rebuilt all of my PCs with the Windows 7 RC and didn't want to "pollute" them with unnecessary software.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 05:29:42 pm »

Is there any way to get the upgrade price without installing MC13? I just rebuilt all of my PCs with the Windows 7 RC and didn't want to "pollute" them with unnecessary software.

Install MC 14.  Then restore your MC 13 license.  Then purchase through MC 14.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 07:11:42 pm »

Install MC 14.  Then restore your MC 13 license.  Then purchase through MC 14.

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 03:51:17 am »

Just upgraded.

You guys do great work and AU$20 is a small price to pay to support that.

FWIW (SFA, really) I'd love to see some sort of native, don't have to stuff around with a whole buch of filters, splitters etc Blu-Ray playback.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
Re: MC 14 Purchase -- Special Price -- ends June 18
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 03:33:29 am »

Hi !

To DanielBuus (topic 2009-06-11)

I use only MC for Audio...

To this using MC13 is sufficient for me ...

Jean-Marc

Bonex

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 03:50:31 am »

Update purchased! No problem to migrate to the new version, which is already playing in my htpc.
The sidecar files are really welcome!

MusicHawk

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 02:24:37 pm »

I just bought the upgrade. But one small problem to report, and one question:

At the end of the purchase submission MC did its usual thing and opened IE (why not the default browser?), which displayed a yellow bar asking if I wanted to download a file. I clicked yes, but have no idea if the file downloaded somewhere -- IE didn't ask and since I never use it I don't know if it has a default location. I assume it is a .mjr file. Does anyone know where I should start looking?

Also, as soon as I clicked IE's yellow bar to allow the download, the browser page switched to tell me I was trying to do a "duplicate" registration. Huh?

MC14 itself did not get updated, so it still says it is unregistered. Do I have to burn a restore to get it activated?

Given the unexpected events, I guess I should also ask, how can I confirm that the update payment/registration actually happened?

Which raises the second question: I need to restore MC13 on a laptop I had to rebuild. When I go to restore, will I be given my MC13 license, or MC14 -- and does it matter?

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

)p(

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 03:46:37 pm »

At the end of the purchase submission MC did its usual thing and opened IE (why not the default browser?), which displayed a yellow bar asking if I wanted to download a file. I clicked yes, but have no idea if the file downloaded somewhere -- IE didn't ask and since I never use it I don't know if it has a default location. I assume it is a .mjr file. Does anyone know where I should start looking?

I never use ie either and was baffled about what happened and where to look for the .mjr...I was not even sure it had been downloaded...all went so fast...so instead of looking for it I figured I just do a license restore ;)

peter

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 06:00:01 pm »

Thanks for upgrading.  The file is downloaded and MC installs it automatically.  If you saw a success message, it worked.
Also, as soon as I clicked IE's yellow bar to allow the download, the browser page switched to tell me I was trying to do a "duplicate" registration. Huh?

MC14 itself did not get updated, so it still says it is unregistered. Do I have to burn a restore to get it activated?
Probably.
Given the unexpected events, I guess I should also ask, how can I confirm that the update payment/registration actually happened?
Under the Help menu, it will say "Registration info" if it's registered.

Which raises the second question: I need to restore MC13 on a laptop I had to rebuild. When I go to restore, will I be given my MC13 license, or MC14 -- and does it matter?
It depends with Registration Code you use.

And MC13.0.171 can use an MC14 license.

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 06:07:15 pm »

Just couldn't resist, so I purchased the upgrade. Gotta support future development of the product, and hey, discount!  ;D
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 06:07:41 pm »

Thank you.

MusicHawk

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 06:47:24 pm »

>> The file is downloaded and MC installs it automatically.  If you saw a success message, it worked.

It didn't, and I didn't.

Just an FYI, since I can get it going via a restore. No clue why it failed, other than it's a Vista PC (ugh) with IE7, and normally I use MC on XP with Firefox 3, but didn't want the raw state of MC14 to mess up my current well-tuned MC13 system.

The key answer is that I can use my new MC14 license with MC 13.0.171. That's a big help keeping everything running.

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

phoscu

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 09:33:21 pm »

I just upgraded to MC13 on April 21. Now I have to pay for MC 14?!?! Do we get MC 15 in August?
Can you give us an outlook what/when the future releases might be available?

MrHaugen

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 03:39:02 am »

I just upgraded to MC13 on April 21. Now I have to pay for MC 14?!?! Do we get MC 15 in August?
Can you give us an outlook what/when the future releases might be available?

Stop acting out please. You're one of us that bought the software right before the key to version 14 was included in version 13. So what? They have to set the date one day or another. You expect them to earn money and still give us great new improvements if all version upgrades is free?? Normally they release a new version every 1 or 1.5 year I belive. This time it was closer to 1 year.

Purchase made. Love the Theater View Hulu integration, the remote and library upgrades! Keep at it.
Just have to try out Hotspotshield or Ultrareach/Ultrasurt to make Hulu work in Europe now.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 05:15:56 pm »

The new client-server feature is wonderful. We have upgraded without issues. MS MC may cost more.

Thank you for your work

P.S. Many my friends buy MC recent, we trust in JR )

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 05:18:22 pm »

P.S. Many my friends buy MC recent, we trust in JR )
Thank you.  :)

RiderFan

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 11:33:54 pm »

Oh man, missed it. I guess I have to read these forums more often?

I just downloaded version 14, and although I haven't noticed any "improvements", I still will buy. Is there any chance that you will be having a similar special in the near future?

gshaver

• Recent member
Re: MC 14 Purchase Instructions
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 11:33:12 am »

Nice piece of software.  Have been using mc for quite a while, will have to wait before purchacing upgrad, lost my job, economy cruch....just wanted to say that I love MC.....only thing I miss is not having a direct link to aol radio like winamp...but will make do....keep up the good work....Gary Shaver

kurushi

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 03:07:48 am »

Hi and thx for this fantastic soft i have purchased MC14 and i have wrote my serial (but just after payment i was had an active x for download a file) .And don't dl it is this file is for activate the soft offline?

Do i need to be on internet for future activation? or just my serial is working?

Thx for making this great soft and i have try many many many others (the only one for audio who is better is foobar but mc14 have all :pictures; videos; musics; have an esay way for skinning and a lot of usefull fonctions and is very light )

ps: sorry for my bad english i am french

2nd ps i 'll release a skin soon....

MrHaugen

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009, 03:17:20 am »

Hi and thx for this fantastic soft i have purchased MC14 and i have wrote my serial (but just after payment i was had an active x for download a file) .And don't dl it is this file is for activate the soft offline?

Do i need to be on internet for future activation? or just my serial is working?

You can activate MC around 8? times online each year I think. The file you did not download was a key file for MC who you could use for 2 weeks without using any number of online activations. This is used for people who test the software or install MC often in lab environments etc. You don't really need it. If you reinstall it in a few months you can activate online again. IF you every use up your online activations just post it on the forum, and they'll probably reset the counter.

And regarding Foobar. Let it go. You'll soon realize that MC is better, even for music :)

kurushi

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009, 09:03:26 am »

Thx Mr huggen good support :D

I think 8 'll be not enough cause i often install/reinstall  different os and i have two pc at my home.

well i'll see and if i have some prob with activation i 'll post on the forum.And anyway i'll just buy mc 15 in one year or two ;)

Foobar is really lightweight and horribily fast for building large database.He has differents layouts too but if u plan to make some skins with bitmap i think it's a little more heavy than MC14.And for functionnality foobar have plug-ins capabilities.
But it's not so user friendly than MC and not in french since the news versions.
And here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53742.0
Foobar can do this easily:p but i don't use it like this however.

So u right i 'll totally reconvert myself in using MC.

And i love the fact that MC handle all my dvx :p foobar can't just do that.

philcoll2008

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2009, 06:03:40 pm »

I have V13 licence and have downloaded the V14 version and wish to pay for the upgrade.  When I click on "Buy Media Center" in the Help menu of V14 nothing happens.  Any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2009, 06:09:46 pm »

Thanks for thinking about updating.  Something on your PC is probably blocking access.  If it's Vista, try turning off UAC.

philcoll2008

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 06:44:15 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply.  I disabled UAC but that did not help.  Other MC links from Help menu work - just not the Buy link (or the purchase link from the dialog box on opening V14).  I will try some other security options later.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 07:05:29 pm »

It could be a pop-up blocker.

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2009, 05:42:53 pm »

You can try running MC as administrator privilege.  Right-click on the shortcut that launches MC and select "Run as administrator".  That can sometimes fix odd problems.

philcoll2008

• Recent member
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2009, 05:59:21 pm »

Thanks for your suggestions.  I tried those things but without success.   Must be in my set-up somewhere.  Will try again or use V13

philcoll2008

• Recent member
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2009, 03:38:00 am »

Are you able to tell me what the "Buy Media Center" link on the Help menu is trying to do.  Is it trying to access the internet or does it open a dialog window.  This may help me find why I cannot upgrade as the button does not do anything.  Alternatively, can I upgrage any other way?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2009, 07:00:57 am »

invictus and juppes,
Please see the thread called Paypal is failing.

talyn777

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2009, 04:32:44 pm »

I have tried quite a few different ways to pay for an upgrade and it keeps bombing out. I wouldn't mind, but I can't seem to make it work. I really need some technical support. Please write or IM me.

JT

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2009, 05:37:35 pm »

Please describe what you do, how far you get, and what happens.

Eidolon

• Recent member
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2009, 09:22:51 am »

Problem:  Can't get MC12 license to restore, so can't get upgrade price on MC14.

Cause?:
Upgraded from XP to 7 - wiped out everything. (installation went flawlessly BTW)
Reinstalled my MC12.  Couldn't find way to restore license until I tried to use mp3 encoder.
Went thru process to get restoration key, but program won't take it thru either internet or .mjr.
Keep getting message "Error restoring mp3 encoder license: Unknown error"
Something is getting thru though - I've tried 5 times now and have gotten 5 emails telling me I've used up a restore - but the program isn't recognizing this.

I've turned off pop-up blockers, etc.  If it matters at all, I can install other plugins, e.g. skins.

It's time for me to go to 14, but it seems I need to register my 12 first.  Any way get this done?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 09:42:56 am »

Please check your e-mail.

Problem:  Can't get MC12 license to restore, so can't get upgrade price on MC14.

Cause?:
Upgraded from XP to 7 - wiped out everything. (installation went flawlessly BTW)
Reinstalled my MC12.  Couldn't find way to restore license until I tried to use mp3 encoder.
Went thru process to get restoration key, but program won't take it thru either internet or .mjr.
Keep getting message "Error restoring mp3 encoder license: Unknown error"
Something is getting thru though - I've tried 5 times now and have gotten 5 emails telling me I've used up a restore - but the program isn't recognizing this.

I've turned off pop-up blockers, etc.  If it matters at all, I can install other plugins, e.g. skins.

It's time for me to go to 14, but it seems I need to register my 12 first.  Any way get this done?

Thanks.

farmer58

• Recent member
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 12:21:44 am »

I just saved myself $24.98 because the MC wants $49.98 for an upgreade.  I have purchased Version 11, 12 and 13 but now I am not able to upgrade to MC 14.  Just like a lot of programs, they make it so tuff to upgrade and forget about the loyal customer.  I followed the upgrade instructions and it still doesn't upgrade for the reduced rate.  Unless somone can figure out what to do I will just stay with version 13.  thank you

MrHaugen

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 03:41:57 am »

It should not be that hard. Install the latest version you have payed for, and activate it. Then go to the upgrade option in the menu, and follow the directions from there.

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 04:47:55 am »

Will MC upgrade price ever drop lower like at christmas, black friday, boxing day or something. 30$ is way too expensive for the audio only utilisation I have of MC. Think of droping price or bring back Media JukeBox.

MrHaugen

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2009, 06:04:51 am »

The price will probably not drop. Only time you might see a discount is early on when  a new version is introduced. There's just been way to much fuzz and complaining every time they have offered discount prices, and people have missed it. If you feel 30$ is to much, you might be better off with the free MJ12. It plays music just fine.

By the way. Ain't the upgrade price 24.98$?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up