INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom "Start" page.  (Read 4531 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Custom "Start" page.
« on: June 16, 2009, 04:34:48 am »

If you go to "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Data\" and create a folder named Custom Webpages, and inside that, make another new folder called english, then, go to "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Data\Default Webpages\English\ and copy the "Start" folder from there to your new "\Custom Webpages\English\ folder, you can then edit the html files inside the custom start folder to your hearts content and if you're really good with html stuff, you could probably come with something tremendously cool....

I'm not so hot with the old html stuff, so came up with something tremendously boring...

The background flashes white if I expand a tree branch, or change the action window. Any idea why that might happen? Is it possible to stop it doing that?

What cool stuff might be possible? Perhaps it could run a video, or a slideshow?

-marko

gappie

Re: Custom "Start" page.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 05:00:20 am »

now that is nice... 8)
one thing possible to do is placing the visualisation there.
place this in the body

Code: [Select]
<object classid="clsid:CE5BC8B7-ACDF-4118-B22A-DE0D5B73270A" id="MJVisEngine1" data="DATA:application/x-oleobject;BASE64,t8hbzt+sGEGyKt4NW3MnCgADAABWCgAAVgoAAA==" width="1180" height="100%"></object>

hope some come up with some nice ideas..

thanks
 :)
gab

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:38:41 am »

Cool!! I made it 75% high and it seemed to fit better...

gappie

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 05:53:53 am »

yes nice indeed..
this is mine..

one thing that bothered a bit with a dark skin is the scrol bar.. just did a search to get that out of site.
<html>
<!-- Creation date: 8/25/2006 -->
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Start</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
html {scrollbar-face-color: #2b2b2b;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #2b2b2b;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #2b2b2b;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #2b2b2b;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #2b2b2b;
scrollbar-track-color: #2b2b2b;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #2b2b2b;}

-->
</style>
</head>

<body bgcolor="#2b2b2b" >

<object classid="clsid:CE5BC8B7-ACDF-4118-B22A-DE0D5B73270A" id="MJVisEngine1" data="DATA:application/x-oleobject;BASE64,t8hbzt+sGEGyKt4NW3MnCgADAABWCgAAVgoAAA==" width="1180" height="100%"></object>

</body>
</html>
by setting the scrolbar colours to what ever you want you can make it invisble..

gab

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 09:18:29 am »

Thanks, guys, for posting this - I'm going to give it a whirl even though I'm clueless w/ HTML.

Gab - dumb question #1... does your code snippet completely replace what's in... index.html?  If not, where does it go and what is the filename?

Oh... great looking skin too!  I like the bikes!

gappie

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 04:33:37 pm »

Gab - dumb question #1... does your code snippet completely replace what's in... index.html?  If not, where does it go and what is the filename?

the first snippet is placed in the body of the html (the part that starts with body and ends with / body), of the index, made as in marcos post. the second, longer snippet could be used as the whole code for the page. but depending on how your vizs looks, can be far to much, but could be easely adjusted by changing the height and width in the code, as marco did. when you like something simple and you dont know much about html, just give a clue and try a bit, when you get stuck just post here, there are enough that could help...

gab

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 12:14:08 am »

Thanks.  I'm working on it and have something... not great but I managed a start.

Appreciate the tips!

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 01:33:09 am »

Is this possible with v13 or only v14 ?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 01:42:15 am »

Will work with v13 too.

tommyd

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 05:28:33 am »

Will work with v13 too.

I' want to have audio pane instead of start page. Is it possible using this method?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 01:43:25 am »

tommyd, I'm pretty sure that's not possible. The start page is an html 'web' page, not a library view.

You can have some control over what MC displays when first launched using the startup options (Tools > Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Location) where you can specify "Audio"

When opening a new tab, MC always uses the Start page regardless, and as the default did not fit very well with the skin I use, I set about exploring other avenues, and posted the results here.

-marko.

tommyd

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 05:18:27 am »

When opening a new tab, MC always uses the Start page regardless, and as the default did not fit very well with the skin I use, I set about exploring other avenues, and posted the results here.

-marko.

Thanks to this new "feature" I'm still using MC12 despite I bought MC13 when it was released.

taklamakan

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 04:05:06 pm »

MC doesn't have to open the Start page.  You can change that here: Tools | Options | Startup | Startup Interface | Location.  You can change it to Audio.

If you never want to the the Start page again, disable it here: Tools | Options |General  | Advanced | Features. Uncheck Start.

MC is nothing if not customizable.

gappie

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 05:18:18 pm »

MC doesn't have to open the Start page.  You can change that here: Tools | Options | Startup | Startup Interface | Location.  You can change it to Audio.

If you never want to the the Start page again, disable it here: Tools | Options |General  | Advanced | Features. Uncheck Start.

MC is nothing if not customizable.
the problem is though, that when you use tabs, and you open a new tab, it still opens the startpage. even when disabled in features.

gab

taklamakan

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 05:48:40 pm »

Ah. Missed that little detail.  Need something like Firefox's New Tab Homepage add-in ;D.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 12:55:17 am »

the problem is though, that when you use tabs, and you open a new tab, it still opens the startpage. even when disabled in features.

gab
Remember, you can middle click an item to have it open in a new tab!

Admittedly, it doesn't seem to work for everyone, especially those with no middle button to click with!
Might also be worth pointing out that very often, the scroll wheel on a mouse doubles up as a middle button, so, you may think you don't have one, but have you tried pressing down on the scroll wheel?

Ah. Missed that little detail.  Need something like Firefox's New Tab Homepage add-in ;D.
Yeah, or a bit of tabmix plus, so that MC tabs activate by being hovered on, and can be dragged around and stuff, and if an imdb tab is already open, re-use that tab instead of spawning a new one, and....
:D

-marko

gappie

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 03:43:15 am »

Remember, you can middle click an item to have it open in a new tab!

Admittedly, it doesn't seem to work for everyone, especially those with no middle button to click with!
Might also be worth pointing out that very often, the scroll wheel on a mouse doubles up as a middle button, so, you may think you don't have one, but have you tried pressing down on the scroll wheel?

indeed i always forget that. no middle button nor scrollwheel. im one of those types using the keyboard a lot, so i just have a keyboard with a small integrated mouse..  :P maybe i should get my old kenningston mouse out of the dust for mc only..
but since i made the startpage using your tip, it does not bother me anymore.  ;)

gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up