INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Powerline Network Speeds Increasing (Belkin)  (Read 1571 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Powerline Network Speeds Increasing (Belkin)
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:53:34 am »

I thought it was a big deal when I discovered that powerline networking at 85Mbps was available.  Saturday, at Micro Center, I saw that 200Mbps was available.  My experience with powerline networking has been good.  It's been more reliable with greater range than wireless.

Belkin announce gigabit yesterday.
Today, Belkin announces an addition to its Powerline Networking line with its new Gigabit Powerline HD Starter Kit adapters, letting you create an ultrafast HD entertainment network through your home’s existing electrical wiring. Powered by Gigle Semiconductor’s mediaxtream™ chip, Belkin’s Gigabit Powerline provides a secure, stable networking signal anywhere in the home—even for areas that are hard to reach by wireless connections.

Because of its high Gigabit speeds and consistent connection, Gigabit Powerline reduces online gaming latency and provides large bandwidth, making it ideal for online PC gaming and ultrafast high-quality transmission of multiple video streams. While the current fastest powerline technology runs at 200Mbps, Gigabit Powerline delivers content at 1000Mbps of speed.

Belkin's press release

Thanks to engadget.com

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Powerline Network Speeds Increasing (Belkin)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 03:43:05 am »

I hope these are more reliable than the Belkin 200mbs versions (I could only get around 8-10mbs on these and then one of just stopped worked).  I've now got the Netgear 200mbs version and these have just been working fine at around 30-40mbs when on the same cable run.
Thanks
nathan
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up