INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.25 Preview -- Available Here  (Read 7001 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.25 Preview -- Available Here
« on: July 03, 2009, 11:11:58 am »

This is an early version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140025.exe

14.0.25 (07/02/2009)

1. NEW: A "Watched" column in "Recordings" list, in Television View, that indicates whether, or when, or how much you have watched the television recordings.
2. Fixed: Bug in the Image Preview mouse move code.
3. NEW: Histograms added to Image Preview.
4. Fixed: Fit and 100% buttons on Image Preview window would stay selected.

14.0.24 (07/01/2009)

1. Fixed: Theater View animated backgrounds were not drawing.
2. Changed: Adjusted how much Theater View lists fade when showing the overlay file info panel.
3. Fixed: In Theater View, adding a root category with a library item under it that had no children would not work logically.
4. Changed: Theater View message boxes respect checks of 'don't show again' from Standard View.
5. NEW: Added new option: Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Draw frames on image thumbnails.
6. NEW: Added new option: Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Create thumbnails for videos.
7. NEW: Library option to "Play local file if one that matches Library Server file is found".
8. Fixed: Fixed a few glitches with focus / navigation with the Theater View info panel.
9. Fixed: Some MCE remote buttons were not learning properly.
10. Changed: Added option on IR blast dialog to suppress system handling of App Commands while an IR blast was taking place.
11. NEW: Added Fit, 100% and close buttons to Image Preview window.
12. NEW: Added hide tree button to Image Preview window.
13. Fixed: Images now properly synchronized on mouse move.
14. Fixed: Shift inverts the "sync" checkbox state on mouse move and zoom.
15. NEW: Tooltips enabled for ImagePreview.  (Name, dimensions and zoom.)
16. NEW: Theater View info panel allows entering into large fields and scrolling them (like Theater View News).
17. Fixed: With the start menu on the right of the monitor and set to auto-hide, maximizing Media Center could interfere with the ability to show the bar.
18. Changed: Pan & Zoom is off by default for image slideshows.

14.0.23 (06/30/2009)

1. Fixed: With both MCE and HID remote plugins enabled, both would not work reliably.
2. Fixed: The Theater View option "Disable Windows Media Center" would not work in some cases.
3. Fixed: Theater View's file info panel could overlay a popup message asking for confirmation (like on delete of a television episode).
4. Fixed: The "Delete" button was not working in Zone Manager.
5. Fixed: Lineup style Theater View lists didn't fade nicely when zooming into the File Info panel.
6. Fixed: Pushing dialog buttons using the 'Enter' key could cause the button to execute twice in some places, leading to strange behavior.
7. Changed: Several changes in the remote control editing dialogs. Sorry - you'll need to redo any IR blast commands you've created in previous builds.
8. Fixed: Remote control learned codes were not taking effect until after restarting Media Center.
9. Changed: Streaming mkv files are loaded with "File Source (Netshow URL)" filter explicitly.
10. NEW: Multiple Image Previews with synchronized resizing.

14.0.22 (06/29/2009)

1. Changed: MC will remember currently selected program in television view's programs list.  When returning to the list after watching a recorded or live program the same program will remain selected (highlighted).
2. Fixed: IR learning wasn't working for HID keys.
3. Fixed: Adding a blast command used a generic name for the command rather than the user entered one.
4. NEW: IR learning / blasting using MCE receivers will work even with UAC enabled.
5. Fixed: Typed list / tree navigation would not scroll.
6. Changed: Image preview internals.

14.0.21 (06/26/2009)

1. Changed: Minor changes to the remote control dialogs.
2. NEW: Double Clicking the image preview will close it.
3. Fixed: flac files with "fla" extension could not be played.
4. NEW: Player installs "Media Center 14 Service" that runs only when the player is running to allow talking to hardware (for remotes, handhelds, etc.) when UAC is enabled.
5. Changed: Deleting television recording files is done in a safer way.
6. Fixed: Since build 16, television recording files recorded using prior builds could not be deleted cleanly from within MC.
7. NEW: Added support for MCE remote learning and blasting on Vista and Windows 7. (requires administrator priveleges for now -- this will change in a coming build)

14.0.19 (06/24/2009)

1. Changed: Sidecar files are moved when media files are moved.
2. Changed: Sidecar files are deleted when media files are deleted.
3. NEW: Clickable zoom/unzoom buttons added to thumbs to enable image preview window.
4. Fixed: Image preview window should only show for image views.
5. Changed: Image preview window is now just to the right of the tree.
6. Changed: Image preview window not on by default.
7. Changed: Image not shown in big tooltip if the image preview window is active.

14.0.18 (06/23/2009)

1. NEW: When saving the database, a cleanup process removes any files from the library folder that are not used by the program.
2. Fixed: When adding a playlist to the tree, if the tree scroller to show the new playlist, the in-place edit to allow naming would be canceled.
3. Fixed: When doing a Library Sync from a Library Server client after playlist changes, other playlists in the same playlist group could get corrupted.
4. Optimized: Improved performance of 3D wall style views.
5. Fixed: Television recording files (jtv, jts) could not be played from the Library Server.
6. NEW: Experimental ir blaster support for MCE transceivers.
7. Changed: Internal changes for how remote control commands are stored. You'll have to 're-learn' any remote controls that have been used previously.
8. Fixed: When connected to Library Server, auto-import could incorrectly remove server files from the library.
9. NEW: Experimental system for using images and cover art as the background of Theater View (create playlist "Theater View Background" and put images or audio in it to test)

14.0.17 (06/22/2009)

1. Changed: More changes on data buffering during television (or television recording) playback.
2. Fixed: Build 16 wasn't able to find other running copies of the program, which caused problems in a few areas.
3. Changed: Switched "Description" field to a large-edit style editing field instead of using a single-line control for editing.
4. Fixed: MC rejected video sidecar files in which Title element contianed attributes.
5. Changed: Thumbnailing images for television recordings are grabbed at one minute into the video instead of the default 5 seconds into the video.
6. NEW: When using T'remote to play content on the server, the server will suppress playback error popups.
7. NEW: Theater View file information panel revised, shows full page information about movies, television programs, etc.
8. NEW: Image preview window.

14.0.16 (06/19/2009)

1. Changed: Renamed television subscription option "One per day, near prime-time" to "One per day, only prime-time" to more clearly describe what it's doing. (same applies to middle of night wording)
2. Changed: The list grouping "Album (by date)" is available in all views instead of only in image views.
3. Changed: Added MCC commands for zooming Theater View (also possible in Options or with [Ctrl]+[Mouse Wheel]) (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52539.0)
4. Fixed: Theater View did not nicely support Alt+# style input of international characters.
5. Fixed: Switching the resolution of a monitor while Theater View was showing did not update Theater View correctly.
6. Changed: The TV recording stub file (*.jtv) now references other data files by relative paths, instead of full path.  This way the recordings can be moved to different locations and be still playable.  They can also be shared and played from other computers.
7. NEW: Audio engine supports WAV files with a bit depth of 64 bits. (internal data path remains 32-bits)

14.0.15 (06/18/2009)

1. Changed: MC television time-shifting reader filter does a better job of buffering data when playing files from a network drive.
2. NEW: Added a new Theater View option "Disable Windows Media Center (useful if it is launching on the Green button, etc.)". (requires UAC elevation)
3. NEW: Added WASAPI option "Present 24-bit data in a 32-bit package". (some audiophile hardware wants 24-bit data while most consumer level hardware wants 24-bit data in a 32-bit package)
4. NEW: Improved web service interface (MCWS) so that all playback functions support zones.
5. NEW: When connecting to a Library Server, the server's zones get added to the client zones to allow playback to any zone of the server or any zone of the client. (this replaces the 'Here' / 'There' popup)

14.0.14 (06/17/2009)

1. Changed: Removed the "Finish" page from the television scanning dialog -- the results are shown in the channel list after a scan.
2. Fixed: The Import single-folder wizard would import from the last path used instead of the current path (only applies to build 13).
3. NEW: Added new Handheld playlist format "M3U (relative paths without leading dot)" for devices that don't like relative paths that start with ".\".
3. Changed: Simplified how web media sites are added and removed from Theater View. (use Options > Theater View to configure)
4. NEW: Added YouTube Theater View integration that allows browsing popular, recent, etc. and allows doing searches.
5. Changed: Added a tip to the Monitor Switcher (MC14.exe /MonitorSwitch) for how to switch between two different displays on Windows 7. (requires two calls instead of one like Vista and earlier)
6. Fixed: MC14 would crash on television playback if MC12 had been run.
7. Fixed: Certain color format PSD files could cause a crash.
8. NEW: Theater View allows nesting of root items that will show on a secondary roller.
9. Changed: Renamed "Web Media" to "Connected Media".
10. Fixed: MC could hang when playing FLV video from YouTube in secondary monitor.
11. Changed: Shutting down a TRemote client no longer stops playback on the server.

14.0.13 (06/15/2009)

1. Changed: When user selects a channel in "Edit Channel List" window, MC tries to fill "Channel Number" field with a default value if the field is not already set by user (ATSC digital TV and analog Cable only).
2. NEW: Improved new Import interface when importing a single folder.
3. NEW: Reworked Theater View rollers so they can be grabbed and dragged or flicked to scroll with a mouse / touch-screen (works like other Theater View lists now).
4. Changed: ATSC television channel scanning will use existing channel in database with identical channel name, instead of creating a new entry (in case the physical channel is different). This change is necessary to avoid creating duplicates, and to preserve existing subscriptions.  Many television stations changed their broadcast carrier frequency (physical channel) at the analog broadcast switch-off last week.
5. Fixed: DVB-T channel "Is AC3 Audio" attribute was displayed incorrectly in "Details" section on "Edit Channel List" window.
6. Changed: Miscellaneous changes in "Edit Channel List" window.
7. Fixed: Media Center 13 and Media Center 14 shell extensions could fight with each other (may require manually enabling / disabling shell extensions in each program to get it working).
8. Fixed: Searching for Media Servers did not work (only applies to build 12).
9. NEW: Added more browsable categories to Hulu inside Theater View.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 14.0.25 Preview -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 11:21:16 am »

A problem was reported with Kapersky virus checker.  It's a problem with the virus checker, not MC.

robydago

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 07:59:15 pm »

image preview bug when view details is set to "Panes: Dropdown"?

- i click on the magnifying glass on one thumbnail
- the image preview pane appears, but the dropdown lists disappear
- i close the preview pane, but the dropdown lists are still missing
- if i select any other tab ("Show Tabs" in split view is selected) and then reselect the same tab with the missing dropdown lists, the dropdown lists reappear

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 11:58:41 pm »

14.0.24 (07/01/2009)
3. Fixed: In Theater View, adding a root category with a library item under it that had no children would not work logically.

There's still an issue that seems related to this. When adding Library item from Standard View, I found I had to select the root category because it wouldn't work with a nested item selected. But it is added above the root category, at the same level. To be moved into the category, it must be moved below it, nested, then moved up to the desired location. Somewhat less than intuitive.

And a bug: Items cannot be given the same name as another elsewhere in the configuration. For example, if I add a view named "Standard" to Audio, and then another to Images, the Audio "Standard" takes all the settings of the Image "Standard" view.

raldo

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 03:21:29 am »

There may be a problem with the IRMan plugin.

on 14.0.19 my remote worked, and it still works in mc13.

After relearning the commands in 14.0.25, nothing happens when I try to use the rc.

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 07:36:12 pm »

Why is there a ten thousand files limitation for the importation?

It was already this with the version 13:

(My config: Windows Vista SP2 32bits, 4GB DDR RAM, media files (+30 000) on external SATA disk & MC 14.0.25)

Thanks in advance.
:)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 10:16:36 pm »

Why is there a ten thousand files limitation for the importation?
There isn't.  It does 10,000 at a time.

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 05:14:00 am »

There isn't.  It does 10,000 at a time.
Ok, that's what I would meant.  :)
Thanks

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 02:24:40 pm »

In image preview, when I click the left/right arrow to re-show the tree (with audio playing), the PC immediately closes down. A 'two-tone siren' alarm comes from the pc but I can't restart from the front button, I have to power off/power on at the wall.

This has happened three times which, I think (can't quite remember...) is every time I've tried it.

I've never had this problem with any software before and it's obviously a serious showstopper for me.

Thanks for any ideas.... Jim

Media Center 14.0.25 registered -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1806 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 73 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: ATAPI    DVD A  DH20A4H     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
  Lyrics Editor (Active)

rick.ca

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 05:26:10 pm »

I suppose this might be due to a damaged library, but it seems to be a bug...

I normally use a Panes and Details view, with Album being the first pane. If I switch to any Thumbnails view, that view will be displayed properly. But when I switch back to Panes and Details, some of the album categories will remain "stuck" in the thumbnails view (specifically, "All Albums" and "Viewed" will revert to details, the others will not—see screenshot). No amount of fiddling with the drop-down menu or Customize View will change this. Reloading the view is the only way to restore the view to the Panes and Details state.

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 10:19:54 pm »

Yes, I also seem to have the same problem with the 'stuck' album views.

Tried re-installing but still got the same problems.

It's very worrying how the power-out is happening.....

Jim

gappie

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 09:58:50 am »

image preview bug when view details is set to "Panes: Dropdown"?

- i click on the magnifying glass on one thumbnail
- the image preview pane appears, but the dropdown lists disappear
- i close the preview pane, but the dropdown lists are still missing
- if i select any other tab ("Show Tabs" in split view is selected) and then reselect the same tab with the missing dropdown lists, the dropdown lists reappear

i just tested this and it happens for me to..  :)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 06:40:25 am »

There may be a problem with the IRMan plugin.

on 14.0.19 my remote worked, and it still works in mc13.

After relearning the commands in 14.0.25, nothing happens when I try to use the rc.

Happening with USBUIRT as well. The commands show as being there but MC doesn't react to command presses.

dcwebman

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 07:03:40 am »

Happening with USBUIRT as well. The commands show as being there but MC doesn't react to command presses.
Try "Restore Default List" and then relearn the commands.
Jeff

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 10:43:20 am »

bump

.....In image preview, when I click the left/right arrow to re-show the tree (with audio playing), the PC immediately closes down. A 'two-tone siren' alarm comes from the pc but I can't restart from the front button, I have to power off/power on at the wall.

This has happened three times which, I think (can't quite remember...) is every time I've tried it.

I've never had this problem with any software before and it's obviously a serious showstopper for me.

Thanks for any ideas.... Jim

DarkPenguin

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 01:12:19 pm »

A software app really can't hose the hardware.  Try updating your device drivers.

Edit:  We found an error in the image preview.  No idea if it is the problem but it is in the area...

maid

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 10:53:32 pm »

I think that I may have posted this in the wrong place.

Hi,

Open MC14 on my computer using my library.

Open MC14 on my other computer try to open the library.

First it says the database is already in use but it will open in read only mode.

Then MC encounters a problem and needs to close.

Can this be fixed.

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 06:05:45 pm »

Bug with SDK  "zones.GetActiveZone()"

zones.GetActiveZone()  -> doesn't returns the index of the active zone (if more then one zone is present, the function returns "10000" for the second zone).

Pages: [1]   Go Up