INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scroll by typing (when ignore articles [the, a, an] when sorting is selected)  (Read 1418 times)

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe

When the option to ignore articles (the, a, an) when sorting is selected, the scroll by typing function is not working as I would expect. In this case the scroll by typing function does not ignore those articles. This leads to strange results. Typing "t" when on top of an alphabetical artist list will jump to "The A-Bones" and not to the first artist starting with "t" (when ignoring the articles the, a and an). Typing the first letters in the name of an artist with an article, ignoring the article ("clash" for "the clash"), will also not scroll to the correct artist. Am I missing some other setting or is there a workaround (other than not checking the option to ignore articles when sorting) to get the scroll by typing functionality one would expect? (Sorry if this has been raised earlier, but I could not find anything about it when searching the forums.)

Another, probably unrelated, issue I am experiencing with the scroll by typing feature is the following: I have a column that combines the artist and composer lists according to this string
Code: [Select]
replace(ListCombine([artist],[Composer]),/|,;)&datatype=[list]In that column, but only in that column, the first letter I type is always ignored (to find "fred" I have to type "ffred" since typing "fred" will scroll to "red"). Am I doing something wrong?
Pages: [1]   Go Up