INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Keyboard Shortcuts  (Read 2157 times)

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
« on: August 22, 2009, 04:59:52 pm »

I would like the ability to change the standard shortcut keys.  Instead of Ctrl-P to play I would use something else more simple like just the spacebar.  Programs like Photoshop let you change shortcuts to any key combination you like.

I tried the remote control configuration in options but these seem to make the keystroke changes global to the operating system.  So if I am in my word processor and press the spacebar it activates that assigned function in mc14.  Unless there is a way to turn off the global keystroke sensor.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 11:19:54 pm »

I would like the ability to change the standard shortcut keys.  Instead of Ctrl-P to play I would use something else more simple like just the spacebar.  Programs like Photoshop let you change shortcuts to any key combination you like.

Look for the file resource.xml in the sub-folder Data\Default Resources off your MC installation folder.

Then look at the section called ACCELERATORS. Here you can define what shortcuts to use, be advised that this file will be replaced with a stock copy when you next upgrade so keep a copy of your modified resource.xml handy to replace.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 02:31:36 am »

Look for the file resource.xml in the sub-folder Data\Default Resources off your MC installation folder.

Then look at the section called ACCELERATORS. Here you can define what shortcuts to use, be advised that this file will be replaced with a stock copy when you next upgrade so keep a copy of your modified resource.xml handy to replace.

If you create a new folder in \Data\ called \Custom Resources\ and saved your modified resource.xml file in there, MC will always use the 'custom' file, and it won't get replaced when you reinstall/upgrade.

-marko.

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:34:56 am »

I suppose this has been possible for a number mc versions but I did not know it, thanks.  I just wanted to change a few playback and navigation keys but I require a few tweaks.

I am not sure which params do what but I would prefer when a song is playing and I hit ctrl;up that it goes directly to the previous song in the list.  What it does is goes to the beginning of the current song.  I have to hit ctrl;up fast twice to go up one song.  When on a song is in pause mode, ctrl;up or ctrl;down start playing too and maybe my spacebar should control that.

I think one reason may be that mc makes a distinction between pause and stop in the playback engine.  Because if I press the stop key then last and previous buttons behave as expected.  But because I press stop playing a song will always start from the beginning again.

Is there some param or translate flag force pause to behave as both stop AND pause.  Do these param arguments do other things?  I don't see definitions for params.

<!-- Next 10003 -->
        <Entry Key="Ctrl;Down" Command="10003" Param="0" />
<!-- Last 10004 -->
        <Entry Key="Ctrl;Up" Command="10004" Param="0" />
<!-- Play/Pause 10000 -->
        <Entry Key="Space" Command="10000" Param="0" />
<!-- Stop 10002 -->
        <Entry Key="Enter" Command="10002" Param="0" />

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 01:00:15 pm »

Cheers marko, was not aware, might get more adventurous now.

I would prefer when a song is playing and I hit ctrl;up that it goes directly to the previous song in the list.  What it does is goes to the beginning of the current song.  I have to hit ctrl;up fast twice to go up one song.  When on a song is in pause mode, ctrl;up or ctrl;down start playing too and maybe my spacebar should control that.

I'm not sure if its possible to do what you want with MC, if you noticed... a shortcut  can fire off just one command.

But a 3rd party prog like autohotkey could do it (besides a ton of other things) eg send ctrl;up twice in succession with just one input sequence.

I think one reason may be that mc makes a distinction between pause and stop in the playback engine.  Because if I press the stop key then last and previous buttons behave as expected.  But because I press stop playing a song will always start from the beginning again.

Is there some param or translate flag force pause to behave as both stop AND pause.  Do these param arguments do other things?  I don't see definitions for params.

<!-- Next 10003 -->
        <Entry Key="Ctrl;Down" Command="10003" Param="0" />
<!-- Last 10004 -->
        <Entry Key="Ctrl;Up" Command="10004" Param="0" />
<!-- Play/Pause 10000 -->
        <Entry Key="Space" Command="10000" Param="0" />
<!-- Stop 10002 -->
        <Entry Key="Enter" Command="10002" Param="0" />

You can find a reference to all MCC commands here
Pages: [1]   Go Up