INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Artist (auto) messed up after upgrade  (Read 1967 times)

JohnM

• World Citizen
Album Artist (auto) messed up after upgrade
« on: September 20, 2009, 12:26:59 pm »

Hi!
After upgrade from 13 to 14 some albums in our library have their Album Artist (auto) field replaced with the album name. Should be artist of course. Any easy way to fix this.
BR John

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Album Artist (auto) messed up after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 02:42:28 pm »

Possibly MC14 has reread the TPE2 tags if you use the MP3 format.

The TPE2 tag frame is now linked with the Album Artist library field. If your file tags have the album name in the TPE2 field, that value will show up in the Album Artist field after a tag read. TPE2 used to be linked with the Band library field, but that was changed because of popular demand.

You can fix the problem by removing the Album Artist values or by replacing the current values with meaningful values. Album Artist is a static field that can be used for overriding the automatic value in the Album Artist (auto) field.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JohnM

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 12:08:30 am »

Ok! Thanks! I'll look into it.

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 07:37:19 am »

You're not the only one. I had to go through manually one by one to fix this problem that occurred.
Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 08:29:54 am »

You're not the only one. I had to go through manually one by one to fix this problem that occurred.

Did that happen only with MP3 files? If yes, did you get the former "Band" values to the Album Artist field or was it something else?

It is also odd if the album names really were tagged in the Band field. I suppose no one would intentionally do that.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 08:33:27 am »

Did that happen only with MP3 files? If yes, did you get the former "Band" values to the Album Artist field or was it something else?
I only use MP3 files. It seemed to be inconsistent because some were changed and some weren't, but the field it seemed to put in there was Album.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52635.0
Jeff

JohnM

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 10:36:02 am »

I only use MP3 files. It seemed to be inconsistent because some were changed and some weren't, but the field it seemed to put in there was Album.
Ditto!
Edit: I have also other than mp3:s but only the mp3:s were affected.

JohnM

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 10:57:44 am »

Clearing the Album Artist field fixed this for me...

dcwebman

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 07:43:44 am »

The thing to determine before clearing the field is what's easier to fix later. Go through and figure out the messed up tracks and fix them. Or clear the field and then go figure out which ones should have the Album Artist field filled in, e.g. compilation albums.
Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 08:02:41 am »

After upgrade from 13 to 14 some albums in our library have their Album Artist (auto) field replaced with the album name. Should be artist of course. Any easy way to fix this.

Did you check the Band library field? Are the album names tagged there? If they are, do you have any idea what could have caused that?

After you fixed the Album Artist field values the file tags for that field are now correct, i.e. MC removed them (or replaced them if you tagged new values), but at the same time the Band values you possibly have in the library were tagged to the new "TXXX JR/Band" file tag.
Pages: [1]   Go Up