INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export tracks in a Playlist with .m3u and native paths  (Read 3971 times)

jaynyc

• World Citizen
Export tracks in a Playlist with .m3u and native paths
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:32:21 am »

Hi.  I have my music stored on a large hard disk in a nested folder structure which MC plays and manages perfectly.   I would now like to export 22 tracks in one of my playlists to another folder, outside of the nested hierarchy, and generate a .m3u playlist file into this new folder which knows the tracks are "local, in the same directory" rather than including the paths to my convoluted nested folder structure elsewhere on the drive.  Ultimately, I am going to zip up this new directory and give to a friend, so I need everything to be "self-contained".   How do I accomplish with with MC 14?

Thank you

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Export tracks in a Playlist with .m3u and native paths
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 11:35:24 am »

In File > Export Playlist, pick the M3U format and then tick the option 'Store paths relative to exported playlist location'.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jaynyc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 11:52:10 am »

i did that, but i still get the original paths, not just the "filesnames" in the same folder.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 12:01:31 pm »

i did that, but i still get the original paths, not just the "filesnames" in the same folder.

Make sure you export the playlist next to the media, since relative paths are relative between the playlist and media.

jaynyc

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 12:20:05 pm »

ah... but the original media files are distributed across 22 different nested folders... how would i be able to take all the files, put them into a new folder, and stick the playlist file in there so they play in the right order? 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 12:27:23 pm »

ah... but the original media files are distributed across 22 different nested folders... how would i be able to take all the files, put them into a new folder, and stick the playlist file in there so they play in the right order? 

At the risk of turning you down the path of an advanced feature, you might consider adding a handheld in Options > Handheld, and point it to a folder, then sync your playlist to that folder.  You can customize how files are named and playlists are created in Options > Handheld.

jaynyc

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 12:44:53 pm »

THAT WORKED.   Thank you thank you thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up