INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.88 -- Available Here  (Read 5916 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.88 -- Available Here
« on: October 23, 2009, 01:08:24 pm »

This is a stable version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140088.exe

12.0.88 (10/22/2009)

1. Fixed: Possible view crash in build 87.
2. Fixed: When importing a video with sidecar some fields in the sidecar were ignored if values of the same fields are found embedded in the video file.  The possible fields are Name, Album, Artist, Genre, Rating, and Copyright.  Please report to us if you have problem with other fields.

12.0.87 (10/21/2009)

1. Fixed: MC did not write tags to AIFF files correctly in some instances.
2. Changed: MC will reclaim space saved by change in tags in WAVE/AIFF files if the saved space is 256KB or larger.
3. Changed: When writing tags MC will be more tolerant of incorrectly written AIFF files created by other applications.
4. Fixed: The Theater View theme online media slideshow feature was not available.
5. Fixed: The television program list in Standard View did not draw its border.
6. Optimized: Improved performance of television guide parsing.
7. Fixed: View state settings like columns could be lost between runs (only applies to last few builds).
8. Fixed: MC could not remove tags in WAVE/AIFF files.
9. Fixed: MC could not read lyrics written in an ID3v2 user frame.
10. NEW: Added a configuration dialog for the WAVE/AIFF input plugin to turn writing to files on or off (the default is off).
11. Fixed: MC could not retrieve an embedded image from an ID3v2 tag in WAVE/AIFF files.
12. Optimized: Improvements to Theater View performance. (for example, entering a ~500,000 album view: build 86: gave up after an hour; build 87: 12 seconds)

14.0.86 (10/19/2009)

1. Fixed: MC could not read ID3v2 tags Tag&Rename (WAVE).
2. Fixed: MC could not read ID3v2 tags in AIFF files.
2. Fixed: MC did not write ID3v2 tags in AIFF files correctly.

14.0.85 (10/17/2009)

1. NEW: Added support for Windows Aero / Glass skin 'Noire Glass'. (experimental, may not remain)
2. Changed: Changed how ID3v2 tag writing is handled in WAV/AIFF files when the tag data need to be moved from the beginning of the file to the end of the file.
3. Fixed: Visualizations embedded on a track info page did not bind to the correct zone. (only applies to build 84)
4. Changed: Improved sound quality of 'Tempo & Pitch' DSP.
5. Fixed: Smartlist modifiers were not being translated.
6. Internal: Removed MFC usage from installer.
7. Changed: When a skin requires Windows Aero, a warning is shown at skin load time if the system does not support Aero.
8. Changed: When a view that doesn't natively support Windows Glass is shown (like a webpage view) the view will be hosted in a separate window to avoid transparency issues.
9. Changed: Updated view header notes controls to be Glass friendly.

14.0.84 (10/16/2009)

1. Fixed: The method being used to detect the installed version of Internet Explorer was not working properly with IE 6. (Media Center requires IE 5 or later for installation)
2. Fixed: Installing a license from an mjr file when running unelevated with UAC could cause issues.
3. Changed: Installer removes any JRiver UAC-redirection registry keys. (redirection is not needed or desirable for current JRiver programs)'
4. Optimized: Improved performance of core date handling library. (used by many parts of the program)
5. Changed: Library Sync over library server allows clearing fields (previously only accepted non-empty changes).
6. Changed: Library Sync supports file removal (previously only supported additions / modifications).
7. Optimized: Numerous database engine speed improvements.
8. Fixed: UPnP server transcode option to uncompressed wave (L16 big endian) for DLNA compatible devices (like the PlayStation 3)
9. NEW: ID3v2 tagging in WAVE and AIFF files.    Do not use this feature yet.  Working in build 88 now.
10. Fixed: Dragging into the player could make the program switch to always-on-top.
11. Fixed: Visualizations were not working properly with newly created zones.
12. Fixed: WAVE input plug-in did not handle padding byte in chunk data correctly.

14.0.83 (10/14/2009)

1. Fixed: The program list in Television view would incorrectly allow in place editing. (only applies to build 82)
2. Fixed: Theater View themes wouldn't show root items (only applies to build 82).
3. Changed: Television component will no longer try to grab keyboard focus when a scheduled recording is started.
4. Fixed: Performing a 'Clear' in Theater View's Playing Now could cause a crash.
5. Fixed: Uninstalling a plugin prompts for UAC elevation (previously could fail with UAC enabled).
6. Fixed: High bitrate FLAC files would not display their VBR bitrates during playback.
7. Fixed: MPC tagging could crash.
8. Fixed: Scheduler playback tasks would not work properly when configured to target newly created zones.
9. Changed: Made 'Album Artist (auto)' column show a link icon, just like 'Artist'.
10. NEW: Added 'Benchmark' tool to measure system performance and help diagnose performance problems. (Help > Benchmark...)

14.0.82 (10/12/2009)

1. Fixed: When playing a digital television channel with no sound card (or other errors), MC just showed a black screen with no error message.  Now an error message is displayed on screen.
2. Fixed: When playing an analog television channel with no sound card, MC could hang.
3. Optimized: Improved performance of television recording engine shutdown.
4. Fixed: Television recordings were not properly correlated to their recording rule, preventing automatic deletion. (old recordings will need to be deleted manually)
5. Changed: Improved messaging when configuring recording for a television program that was scheduled to be recorded, but then was canceled.
6. Changed: When emailing images, parametric edits and rotation will be applied even if the option 'Keep the original sizes' is selected.
7. Changed: Television view in Standard View allows multiple selection for easier deletion of recordings.
8. Changed: Television view supports sorting.
9. Fixed: When playing audio in "JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow)", gapless output setting was sometimes not properly honored.
10. NEW: Added Theater View theme option for 'Show online media slideshow in artist views'.
11. Changed: Theater View themes better support translation (English folder names recommended for custom themes to make sharing possible across languages)
12. Changed: Updated the Chinese language file (thanks to Katapa).
13. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).

14.0.81 (10/08/2009)

1. NEW: Uncompressed AIFF audio (*.aif, *.aiff, *.aifc) files can be played natively in "JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in)".
2. Changed: Skinning engine supports 'Indent' rectangle for search and edit boxes for better control over text position in the box.
3. Changed: Improved saving mechanism and messaging for the image editor.
4. Fixed: 32-bit uncompressed WAVE file could not be played in "JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in)".
5. Changed: 12-bit uncompressed WAVE file, previously routed to DirectShow when user selected "Automatic" playback method, is now routed to WAVE plug-in.
6. Changed: Image editing can be invoked without entering the image preview mode.
7. Changed: Standardized the image tools right-click menu to be more consistent between the file list and image preview modes.
8. Fixed: Some stock Mini View skins weren't showing text properly.
9. Changed: Mini View skin parser accepts rectangles entered in reverse order (unnormalized), since this was supported in older versions.
10. Changed: Reworked how menus and toolbars draw the last item when a chevron appears for a more natural look.
11. Changed: Improved how view headers perform their layout as they run out of horizontal space.
12. Fixed: Some singles wouldn't appear in the store.
13. Changed: Better messaging in the store for albums that haven't been released yet.
14. Changed: Higher quality cover art is used when streaming from the store.
15. Optimized: Improved image quality and loading performance of album images on home page.
16. Optimized: The thumbnailing engine uses filename-based caching so the same filename or URL isn't read over-and-over to display a list of files with the same external image filename. (cache items only live a short amount of time)
17. Fixed: MC would crash if user attempted to scan television channel while having no television device installed on the computer.
18. Fixed: Scrolling and sizing of the Tag Action Window could be problematic.
19. Changed: Editing in the Tag Action Window places the edit below the label with the full width of the window.
20. Fixed: In rare cases, clicking away from editing in the Tag Action Window could crash.

14.0.80 (10/06/2009)

1. NEW: Added the ability to uninstall a DSP plug-in to the 'Add plug-in' menu in DSP Studio.
2. Fixed: Stock DSP plug-ins could be uninstalled, possibly causing problems.
3. Fixed: Output plug-ins / drivers that don't fully play down their queued buffers could stall on the last track, requiring a manual stop to be pressed.
4. NEW: Added support for MainFrame::MenuBackground skin item to place a skinned background under the main menu.
5: Changed: Try to support ipod nano 5g. Music only! Need feedback.

14.0.79 (10/02/2009)

1. Changed: Theater View artist slideshows filter out a few missing image pictures from flickr, etc.
2. Fixed: When double-clicking a file that couldn't play, in some cases it could silently advance and play the next track instead of showing the problem playing the selected track.
3. Changed: MC no longer offers to configure the Amazon downloader.
4. Optimized: Improved performance of core block memory allocation engine.
5. Changed: Search suggestions will not automatically select the first suggestion, so down + enter must be pressed to accept a suggestion (instead of just enter).
6. Optimized: Improved home page loading performance of Performer Store.
7. Optimized: Improved database loading performance.
8. Changed: Added more ipod nano 5g and shuffle 3g definitions. Need feedback.
9. Optimized: Stores (e.g. Performer) only load when needed rather than at MC startup. This speeds up startup time considerably.
10. Fixed: If the crash dialog showed at startup, the program would crash again. (only applies to last few builds)
11: Changed: Added ogv file type (Ogg Video).  Separated "Media Container (ogm,mkv)" into "Matroska Video (mkv)" and "Ogg Video (ogv,ogm)".
12. Fixed: The initial import Action Window could be sized incorrectly.
13. Changed: Forward slashes in fields no longer output a new directory when using Rename, Move, & Copy Files.
14. Fixed: Theater View '(No Theme)' mode was not working properly. (may need to reselect in options to correct)
15. NEW: Theater View allows selection of a background color and overlay image strength for themes.

Sheugel

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 14.0.88 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:41:53 pm »

Hello,
It would be nice to fix the 3D standard view sorting in a next build:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=54422.0
Thanks for the great work,
Sheugel

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 05:32:13 pm »

During synchronization iPod video 5.5G with conversion into mp3, MC client does not delete temp flac files, and ends up disk space like a quazi winsxs folder). Also not working handheld cache (?)

sunfire7

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 07:07:04 pm »

the noire glass looks cool, but has to be almost all glass? i think would be better with just some parts in glass :)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

envyc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 10:21:36 pm »

Definitely some tuning to do on the Noire Glass. Elements such as scroll bars look really wrong with transparency. Performance seemed to take a hit too.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 04:22:51 am »

NEW: ID3v2 tagging in WAVE and AIFF files.

I have helped JRiver and tested this feature in several ways. It seems to work pretty well now. Outside MC there are not many programs or devices that can access tags in WAVE or  AIFF files, but at least the tags should be compatible with dBpoweramp (WAVE and AIFF), Tag&Rename (WAVE) and iTunes (AIFF).

WAVE and AIFF tagging is disabled by default. You can enable it in Tools > Plug-in Manager > Input > WAV plugin > Configure...

Since there are no universally accepted standard for storing tags in WAVE files I recommend checking compatibility with your programs and player devices before tagging lots of files.

AIFF tagging should be compatible with iTunes and thus it can be said to follow Apple's standard.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

raistlin2k

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 05:15:48 am »

Glass looks great!
Just some issues I found:
-mini view and monitor still look like original noire skin
-letterbox Videos running with direct show have transparent borders instead of black borders, looks really strange.

Hope you can fix this with the next release.
Glass is really the best looking skin ever!!

tboy34

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Tim
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 05:19:13 am »

I really love the Aero Windows Glass Skin. I hope you guys keep it in there.
tvk

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 06:34:52 am »

MC Client request cover from library two times during playback from theater view in background

Code: (Server log) [Select]
10/24/09 15:16:01 - Received request for cover art: M:\Audio\!from car\Puoskari\the Audio Hustler\04 - Puoskari - Humboogie.flac
10/24/09 15:16:02 - Received request for cover art: M:\Audio\!from car\Puoskari\the Audio Hustler\04 - Puoskari - Humboogie.flac
10/24/09 15:24:20 - Received request for cover art: M:\Audio\!incompleate\Nirvana\Unplugged in New York 24_96\09 - Nirvana - Something in The Way.flac
10/24/09 15:24:21 - Received request for cover art: M:\Audio\!incompleate\Nirvana\Unplugged in New York 24_96\09 - Nirvana - Something in The Way.flac
10/24/09 15:28:23 - Received request for cover art: M:\Audio\The Herbaliser Band - Session 2\The Herbaliser - The Herbaliser Band - Session 2 - 2009 - 5 - Blackwater Drive  Instrumental.FLAC
10/24/09 15:28:24 - Received request for cover art: M:\Audio\The Herbaliser Band - Session 2\The Herbaliser - The Herbaliser Band - Session 2 - 2009 - 5 - Blackwater Drive  Instrumental.FLAC

fractaleater

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 08:33:10 am »

"Analyze Audio" is calculating and displaying replay_gain targeted to 83dB (as it should according to the wiki), but storing 89dB targeted values in file tags. Now my library consists of mixed 83dB and 89dB files. I'd like to have one or the other.

Confirmed with flac (vorbis) and mp3 (id3v2.3 ansi) files.

Is the wiki wrong? Is 89dB the new target?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 08:36:59 am »

The original standard was what we followed from day one.  Winamp and a couple of others chose a different standard.  Try a search for more information here.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 08:59:43 am »

"Analyze Audio" is calculating and displaying replay_gain targeted to 83dB (as it should according to the wiki), but storing 89dB targeted values in file tags. Now my library consists of mixed 83dB and 89dB files. I'd like to have one or the other.

Confirmed with flac (vorbis) and mp3 (id3v2.3 ansi) files.

Is the wiki wrong? Is 89dB the new target?

The internally used default target is still 83 dB (you can adjust this on playback by using the playback correction setting). The MP3 and FLAC taggers have been revised to be compatible with the programs/devices that expect the 89 dB target -  i.e. the values in the physical file tags are read and stored using 89 dB. The system has been designed to compensate the difference in both directions and I can't think of a situation in which it would fault. If the files contain old proprietary replay gain tags they are read as they are. Whenever MC writes new tags the old tags are removed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bwaldron

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 11:41:07 am »

I really love the Aero Windows Glass Skin. I hope you guys keep it in there.

I'd like to love it...but as others have noted, there's a bit too much "glass" in there for my (personal) taste.

More importantly, on my system, all the Track Info visualizations in Now Playing are unusable w/ the Noire Glass skin (I see the cover art, but not the text -- and I get a mishmash of info trying to bleed through the "glass."

For now, I can use just Cover Art in Now Playing.

Look forward to further improvements!

fractaleater

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 12:29:21 pm »

The internally used default target is still 83 dB (you can adjust this on playback by using the playback correction setting). The MP3 and FLAC taggers have been revised to be compatible with the programs/devices that expect the 89 dB target -  i.e. the values in the physical file tags are read and stored using 89 dB. The system has been designed to compensate the difference in both directions and I can't think of a situation in which it would fault. If the files contain old proprietary replay gain tags they are read as they are. Whenever MC writes new tags the old tags are removed.

Ok, that explains that. And Jim, I'm not suggesting 83dB is wrong.

However, having both targets active in physical file tags is bad. In particular when files are used in other players that expect to process the standard replay_track_gain/peak tags. So, best to re-analyze all mp3/flac files.

One question though, in what version of MC were the mp3/flac taggers altered to write 89dB targeted replay_gain data?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 01:39:58 pm »

Ok, that explains that. And Jim, I'm not suggesting 83dB is wrong.

However, having both targets active in physical file tags is bad. In particular when files are used in other players that expect to process the standard replay_track_gain/peak tags. So, best to re-analyze all mp3/flac files.

One question though, in what version of MC were the mp3/flac taggers altered to write 89dB targeted replay_gain data?

The "83 dB" tags were written in an old proprietary format that is not used in any other programs. Other players simply don't recognize them. (JRiver's Media Jukebox 8 was the first player with a built-in Replay Gain analyzer and playback correction feature almost eight years ago.).

MC deletes the old tags when it writes the "89 dB" tags in the newer format which is the de facto standard in many other programs.

If you want to write compatible "89 dB" tags you can simply rewrite the tags (select the files and use the "Update Tags (from library)" tool). You don't need to re-analyze. As I already tried to explain, the replay gain values inside the database are always based on the "83 dB" target independently of the file tag format. The values inside MC will  not change even when the read or written file tag values have this 6 dB difference.

MC13 was the first version that wrote the new MP3 tag format and the new FLAC tag format was introduced in MC14. You can find the complete change logs from the link in my signature.

outofspace7

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Im using Opera 10 browser! www.opera.com
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 02:27:59 am »

As you said Media Center can't play WV 'cause there is not a proper plugin.

BUT! Media Center can playing (drag drop) Wavepack files with no problem at all!!! It just don't add it to library so it's Media Center lack, no plugin problem

outofspace

norm west

• Recent member
Re: No audio output
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 06:49:31 pm »

I have not been able to get the audio to work with Media Center 14 and the Hauppauge TV tuner.   It was working when I was running Windows 7 64X  RC software release.  I have install the new Windows 7 64x Home Premium and now no audio.  I have the Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950 BDA Tuner.  I tried downloading audio drivers both from realtek and Hauppauge tell I am blue in the face.  I sure could use some help. 

MusicHawk

Visualization bug seems to be fixed.
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 12:41:27 pm »

I'm confirming that a visualization problem that arrived in 14.0.84 seems to be gone in 14.0.88.

The problem for me was when playing with Noire Viz track info. This shows three things: cover image on the left, track info on the right, and the last-selected visualization below (I like Spectrum Analyzer - Stereo).

In 14.0.84 the Spectrum Analyzer displayed where it should, but the bouncing bars just sat at 0 -- inop. When I switched directly to Spectrum Analyzer it showed live audio as it should.

With 14.0.88 it is working again.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 01:59:40 pm »

As you said Media Center can't play WV 'cause there is not a proper plugin.

BUT! Media Center can playing (drag drop) Wavepack files with no problem at all!!! It just don't add it to library so it's Media Center lack, no plugin problem

Media Center includes native Wavpack support.  I just made a WavPack file, imported it, tagged it, and played it all with Media Center.

If you're having WavPack problems, please start a new thread.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 03:13:34 pm »

... Media Center can playing (drag drop) Wavepack files with no problem at all!!! It just don't add it to library so it's Media Center lack, no plugin problem

Media Center includes native Wavpack support.  I just made a WavPack file, imported it, tagged it, and played it all with Media Center.

WavPack is not one of the default formats in the import folder settings.

In order to enable it each folder must be configured:

- Select a folder in the list and press the edit button.

- In the next window the media types are listed, but Wavpack is not automatically enabled even when the Audio media type is enabled with the default file types.

- You must expand the list and tick the Wavpack file type or actually tick the Audio type so that the box contains the tick sign (the latter will select all audio file types)

By the way, I am still seeing two separate entries for WavPack/WV as you can see in the screenshot. I don't know if this is caused by my old unsuccessful attempts to install the WavPack plugin (before native support was introduced) or something else, but if the two entries are there also after new clean install of MC you should fix that.

EDIT

I think the feature that automatically queries the drives for potential media folders makes automatic file type selections that are based on the folder contents, but after the desired folders are stored it doesn't automatically add new file types to the listed folders.

If you're having WavPack problems, please start a new thread.

It would be good to move these three replies to a new thread.

outofspace7

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Im using Opera 10 browser! www.opera.com
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 01:53:09 am »

Thanks for reply, wave pack it's now working by drag and import, auto import still doesn't work but is no problem right now.

outofspace
Pages: [1]   Go Up