INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Come on guys [customer a bit peeved]  (Read 1690 times)

GrantDG

• World Citizen
Come on guys [customer a bit peeved]
« on: November 03, 2009, 04:06:03 pm »

Seems to me, that [ClipNotes] while this might be an interesting idea, and fun for the developers (as a developer myself, I can appreciate that), but this whole thing is taking away from things that paying customers (like myself) are actually asking for:

e.g

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=54578.0

I especially like the statement in this post:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=54239.msg371662#msg371662

Come on guys, this makes a very loyal customer a bit peeved.
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Come on guys [customer peeved]
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 04:44:45 pm »

this whole thing is taking away from things that paying customers (like myself) are actually asking for

You have no way of knowing this is true. It's probably not. But that's beside the point. Some of us are more interested in this than the things you happen to be interested in. This software wouldn't be what it is unless it did a lot of things serving many needs. I trust the developers to make rational decisions about development priorities, even if that means I have to wait for the things I'm most interested in. I'm more than a bit peeved you cannot do the same.

GrantDG

• World Citizen
Come on guys [customer peeved]
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 05:16:25 pm »

C'mon Rick - even Jim admits ClipNotes is 'outside the core'...

And Jim's statement that "We don't have time to implement it" is how I know that the developers are busy...

I take your point about what 'people are asking for', but, especially with Remote Control, this is one of the selling points of MC14 (do you see ClipNotes on the MC14 feature list??). It's my opinion that things like reshuffling PlayingNow is not a new feature request, but unimplemented functionality of Remote Control.

Of course this is the eternal saga between determination of features and bugs, and of opinion.

Sorry to have peeved you, but I thought this forum was for expressing our opinions... And without a more systematic/democratic voting process for fixes/enhancements - I'm just expressing my concerns in the manner I've been instructed to do.
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Come on guys [customer a bit peeved]
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 06:15:36 pm »

Two things:

1) Someone DID ask for the Clipnotes feature.  Search for it.
2) I seriously doubt that this feature took much time at all to implement.

Why not just ask for what you want, and not just complain.  If enough people show interest, you can convince them.  That might be effective.  This just sounds to me like whatever "pet" feature you were looking for just wasn't popular enough, or was more difficult than you might think, and you don't like it so your complaining and pointing fingers.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 06:25:51 pm »

but I thought this forum was for expressing our opinions...

It is, and I have no problem with you doing so. I know it's only the positive, constructive opinions that can possibly have any impact anyway.

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 04:01:03 pm »

Why not just ask for what you want, and not just complain.  If enough people show interest, you can convince them. 

I have asked for it - as have others - maybe we should all be doing a bit more searching. If you look back through my posts, you'll also see that I'm usually nothing less than full of praise for the MC devs.

I'm also not just talking about "Remote Reshuffle" (yes - it's a biggie for me, as it's the last thing that I can see for my home getting away from Remote Desktop completely) - I'm talking about any core functionality. I think you're getting a bit caught up on the "what", not the "why" of my original post on this topic.

Really - I do see some interesting benefits for ClipNotes - I suppose the timing of Jim's comment just riled me a bit.

I really didn't want to turn this into a flaming match... So, I'll get back in my box now, as I can see that this is a touchy subject for all involved.

Think some calming chill music is in order. ahhhh...

Pages: [1]   Go Up