INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming directories  (Read 1439 times)

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Renaming directories
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:03:29 am »

Thought i had found the tool i needed, rename the directories of all my poorly named movie directories based on the actual title and the year (after using mymovies to update tags).  problem is that the directory rename moves the files to the new directory but leaves behind all of the other files in the directory, in my case the mymovies.xml files and the folder.jpg etc.

any way to change this behavior to simply rename the directory (will do similar for file also next) or is there another feature i missed.

thanks

craig

ps how far away are you guys from doing a full movie database thing to save me having to worry with mymovies (which isn't nearly as cool as mc)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Renaming directories
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:11:06 am »

How about using the explorer in MC under Drives & Devices to rename the directory? Just click on the directory, press F2, and rename away.
Jeff

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 05:17:04 am »

450 poorly named directories?? ouch, my F2 key will stop working :)

I am curious though about when/if MC will do all of my movie cataloging/imbd lookups for me?  must just be a matter of time? (I am sure this has been answered many time before).

Craig

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 05:58:06 am »

One other solution that I've seen mentioned is to import those other files, like I import all my cover art, then the move/rename will move everything with that directory too.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up