INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP plug-ins shown twice  (Read 1430 times)

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck
DSP plug-ins shown twice
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:44:01 am »

Hello,

while using the latest released (and registered) build of MC I have noticed that each DSP plug-in is shown twice, once in English form and another one in the locale used by Windows XP (Italian); for example:

Effects - Effects (part of JRiver main DSP plug-ins) - C:\Programmi\J River\Media Center 14\Plugins\dsp_main.dll
Effetti - Effetti (part of JRiver main DSP plug-ins) - C:\Programmi\J River\Media Center 14\Plugins\dsp_main.dll

Note that I have configured MC to use the English language, but the same happens also when I choose to use Italian.

Only DSP plug-ins are affected by this problem, all the others are correctly shown only once.

BTW: I have noticed that library field names in English under "Manage library fields" are always shown in English regardless of the used language; that's not a bad thing in itself, anyway, I was wondering if it could be possible to have a (configurable) way to specify it for the other places too, in order to also have a uniform and consistent behavior in views and formulas, if you too consider it useful of course.

Best regards,
Fabrizio Ammollo

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DSP plug-ins shown twice
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 11:09:04 am »

I think this could happen when installing with two different languages set.  It should be fixed with newer builds.

To remove the extra plugins, use regedit.exe and delete the duplicate keys here:
32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 14\Plugins\DSP
64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JRiver\Media Center 14\Plugins\DSP

Let us know if the problem comes back, so we think it has been fixed.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 11:44:50 am »

for me removing them via the plugin manager also worked. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52338.0

:)
gab

gappie

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 12:03:05 pm »

I think this could happen when installing with two different languages set.  It should be fixed with newer builds.

i hope this does not mean it installs the systemlanguage version only. i gues it would be nice if mc would ask what language to install, just like most other programs, and use that for the overall language and the dsp plus alike.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up