INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTouch, MC14 UPnP and PlugPlayer works :)  (Read 3813 times)

Robo983

• World Citizen
iTouch, MC14 UPnP and PlugPlayer works :)
« on: December 27, 2009, 11:40:21 pm »

I did not see this really posted anywhere clearly that MC14 UPnP works with the iTouch and PlugPlayer app (sort of mentioned in the XBOX, PS3 thread) so I wanted to share my successful use to any others that missed that on the release notes.

It works very nicely for audio including my playlists and had no problems finding the server. Images work fine as well but I have not been able to get the video to work yet. I have tried wav and mp4 with MC set to convert video but still nothing. I will play with it a little more but video is not a big deal as I plan to only use it for audio.

I was looking for a solution to get my MC music to my patio and was planning to get some IR transmitters from my stereo, with this now all I need is the itouch and I get complete control and can change my play lists.

Very nice add to MC14 thanks J River!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iTouch, MC14 UPnP and PlugPlayer works :)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 06:34:34 am »

Thanks for posting this.  If you haven't done so, please try the latest build from the top of this forum.  It can convert video.  It might work.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 02:05:36 pm »

If DLNA devices show up as zones now, then RiverMote should also work to control them. I have to tell my neighbor to buy JRiver now as he has been waiting for this for some time.

)p(

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 01:32:26 am »

Have you been able to show up the plugplayer renderer in mc as a zone?

I am able to use the mc upnp server to stream audio and photo's to plugplayer. I am also able to use my n800 as a controlpoint for plugplayer on my itouch with the mc upnp server. But I was unable to have mc add it to a zone to act as a controlpoint for it.

peter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 08:32:45 am »

I am able to use the mc upnp server to stream audio and photo's to plugplayer. I am also able to use my n800 as a controlpoint for plugplayer on my itouch with the mc upnp server. But I was unable to have mc add it to a zone to act as a controlpoint for it.
You would need build 118 from the top of this board to use MC as a Control Point.

)p(

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 10:02:38 am »

You would need build 118 from the top of this board to use MC as a Control Point.

That was the version I tried it with. Thanks for the work on making mc work as a upnp control point...nothing beats the mc gui with a large library.

peter

Cerebro

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 07:36:55 pm »

Hey Guys,

I have a question to the PlugPlayer solution. After some tries I always face the same problem. When drill down in my library, there seems to be a hiccup, when actual songs are to be displayed.

I go along the path 'Audio', then select an artist from the list, then select one of the (correctly displayed) albums. After that however, I am not given the listing of tracks in that album, but a list of Smartlists sorted alphabetically. This happens to what ever artist I chose. This way, I am always thrown back to a smartlist over view and can never select an actual audio track.

In the log of the UPnP Server, it shows that it actually tries to provide a listing for the album, but obviously sends the wrong information to the client.

10/1/2010 9:32 AM - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 1363(Audio\Adam Green\Friends Of Mine)

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a problem of MC or PlugPlayer?

thanks for your help!!

Cheers

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 07:12:29 pm »

I am not having any issues that you describe. I play files from albums with no problem. I do not know how to show the 3G as a zone and am trying to get this working now that I have found out I can control the music on my computer with the 3g which is different than using it as a zone or at least as I understand what using it as a zone is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up