INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist & Smartlist  (Read 2820 times)

baba100

Playlist & Smartlist
« on: February 23, 2010, 11:07:21 am »

hi all,

1. maybe you can add an automatically process that update the playlist  according the real files its refer to? e.g my playlist is based on folder "movie" from my hard drive and I have there 100 media file, now, when i delete file from this folder or add more files to this folder the playlis are not update accordance! and i need to update it manually.

2. maybe you can add support for "firefly" remote control?
http://www.snapstream.com/Products/Firefly/

3. my playlist has costume view that show the media file durations  when i switch to "theater view" it is not possible to see the durations next to media file like in standard view

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playlist & Smartlist
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 11:11:30 am »

1. maybe you can add an automatically process that update the playlist  according the real files its refer to? e.g my playlist is based on folder "movie" from my hard drive and I have there 100 media file, now, when i delete file from this folder or add more files to this folder the playlis are not update accordance! and i need to update it manually.

If you delete files inside of Media Center, any playlists the file is in will be automatically updated.

You can use My Computer inside Media Center or delete files from any library view ([Shift]+[Delete] is the shortcut).  It will ask you how you want the files deleted.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

baba100

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 01:09:21 pm »

thanks for the answer

what happens if I add files? to folder in my hard drive, will it update the playlist accordion? or every time I add files or delete i do it manually, like J river idea...
and what happens if i have 100 files ? should i do it one by one?

accordion, i think J river need to be more "open mind" and add this options like most of the players.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 01:38:45 pm »

thanks for the answer

what happens if I add files? to folder in my hard drive, will it update the playlist accordion? or every time I add files or delete i do it manually, like J river idea...
and what happens if i have 100 files ? should i do it one by one?

Make a Smartlist that points to that folder.  Smartlists are designed to give playlist functionality built around rules so that they update dynamically as your library changes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 01:46:04 pm »

1. If Auto-Update is configured properly, all additions and deletions to your files will be updated automatically. Also, as Matt says, you must be using a Smartlist.

2. AFAIK, the Firefly remote requires software to work. That software should enable you to use it with MC. The software it comes with is rather useless, so I recommend using LM Remote KeyMap.

3. In Theatre View, all file information is completely configurable. See Options - Theatre View - Appearance - Customize file info panel...

J river need to be more "open mind" and add this options like most of the players.

I prefer they stay narrow-mindedly light years ahead of the competition. ;)

baba100

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 09:08:17 am »

Hi Rick

Thank for the answers.

1. Cant find the "auto-update" functions you mentions.

2. I'm using now the LM remote keymap donations version - Thanks for great tip!

3. Still cant limit smart list to "look" in specify folder, its work ok, or all disk.

J river don't have now, a real competition....

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 09:45:51 am »

You realise that you MUST import all the media into MC14 first, right? CHhanging the folder contents won't affect MC, unless the media is in the library to begin with. Once it is, then the smartlists are very smart indeed.

baba100

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 10:59:50 am »

Hi All,

Many thanks for your answers.

I believe my problem was not clear enough - Sorry for my english.

1. What is the idea for "smartlist" to be based on existing "normal playlist"? if its not in the playlist it will not be in the smartlist...
example; I have folder name "old movies" this folder contain 150 movies, also this folder is update dynamically (adding files, and delete files) so, what is the idea? every time I add files, or delete I need to update the playlist manually?

because smart list is depending in "normal playlist" and "normal playlist" list is not update dynamically... we going back to my point - need to update it manually.
please try it yourselves. it will be good if at least smartlist will be "independent list"  based on parameters we set (folder name, files names, etc...)

if i can phrase it in one sentence - there isn't direct relation between playlist (smart or not) to the file folder it came from.

if you think I have mistake, please guide me how to create playlist that update dynamically.

gappie

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 11:13:24 am »

guess it is still not clear.
think of a smart list as a smart playlist. i never have to update a smartlist. in your case, as far as i understand, i would make a smartlist, call it old movies.
suppose the folder oldmovies looks like:
D:\old movies
in the rule from the smartlist set media type to video
ad the rule filename starts with D:\old movies
now when auto import is on and updates for deleted files then everytime the smartlist is updated automatically..

ps: better keep threads together..

:)
gab

baba100

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 11:44:38 am »

hi Gab,

Ok Its work!  But let me tell you something, despite other suggestion, its work without any "normal playlist" I just setup the auto import and ONLY create smartlist

Thank you very much

MrHaugen

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 04:09:38 pm »

J River have lots of competition. If you have the patience to do things right though, you'll realise that MC really have no competition above. They are all far below.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

gappie

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 05:32:43 pm »

hi Gab,

Ok Its work!  But let me tell you something, despite other suggestion, its work without any "normal playlist" I just setup the auto import and ONLY create smartlist

Thank you very much
your welcome, im glad it works.  8)
sometimes its difficult. people speaking other languages and/or comming from different backgrounds. suggestions are made in good faith. especialy the word 'playlist' is used for many different things. you can not do everything with playlists, smartlists and views, but you will be suprised how powerfull they can be nonetheless. and there are some people here who like to help you in that department. and when you get a hang to it its really fun.

enjoy
 :)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up