INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video files no longer play audio  (Read 1588 times)

MNTheaterGuy

• Recent member
Video files no longer play audio
« on: March 06, 2010, 01:34:59 pm »

As you can all see by the number of posts I have I am definitely a rookie here... That being said, I have been using JRiver for a while and everything has been great. Suddenly, every video file is not playing the audio. I am running MC 14.0.151 and have an NVIDIA soundcard. Audio files play great and the video part is being transmitted via HDMI fine however, the Audio seems to have vanished.. I have tried ifo, mkv, and AVI files. the AVI files are playing fine directly through Windows Media Player so I am thinking it is a setting somewhere in MC that I just cant find.. anyone have any thoughts and where I can go??

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video files no longer play audio
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 10:27:27 pm »

Whenever I encounter any form of video/audio playback problem I immediatley reinstall the CCCP codec pack and 99% of the time it clears up the problem. Problems are often caused by unexpected changes to codecs. For example, BSPlayer claims it installs codecs only for its internal use, yet every time I updated BSPlayer it broke JRiver. The re-install CCCP fix always corrected the problem. Needless to say I no longer use BSPlayer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up