INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: WebRemote (MC15) -- Control MC with a Touch, Android, or WinMobile Device  (Read 49017 times)

cubeasic

• Recent member

Hallo,

I´m using webremote for some days now. It is actually pretty good, very fast and responsive.

I have one mayor problem that occurred yesterday:
I could use webremote quite well on my macbook pro and ipod touch with safari and safari mobile.
But on the ipod touch, now I can not control jriver anymore. I can still browse the files and see what is playing, but when I press "play" or "stop" etc. nothing happens.

Why doesn´t jriver respond to the ipod touch anymore?

Although webremote is a great feature I find some far from optimal:

1) With a large library it can get quite annoying to browse to an artist at the end of the alphabet.
There really should be some kind of sub-filtering in the library like "letters from the alphabet".

2) A search function would be very nice and would also compensate for point 1) .

3) when pressing "play" on a song in an album, the whole album should play, starting from the selected song (the behaviour like in jriver itself), not just one song.

But apart from this little points, which could maybe be solved by people with more html skills, it is really great.
If someone knew why my ipod touch is in browsing-only mode it would be even more perfect....

regards
Flo

Livin

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile

Is there a roadmap and timeframe for enhancements?

I'd could really use...

1) Sync Zones
2) Exit button that closes MC. - this is so EventGhost can see the app closing and turn off my receiver.
3) ability to send HTTP commands - to trigger other apps like EventGhost, Homeseer, etc?

xpTunes had a lot more functionality/usability... we really need a duplicate of the functionality it provides built-in on MC.

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe

I imagine, given some of the recent sync enhancements, that they will port features as they can over to WebRemote etc.

Is there a roadmap and timeframe for enhancements?

I'd could really use...

1) Sync Zones
2) Exit button that closes MC. - this is so EventGhost can see the app closing and turn off my receiver.
3) ability to send HTTP commands - to trigger other apps like EventGhost, Homeseer, etc?

xpTunes had a lot more functionality/usability... we really need a duplicate of the functionality it provides built-in on MC.

HiFiTubes

You can do this. You need to configure your setup in Webremote section and can filter results by A-D, or A-H, etc. as you like...Matt reminded me of this a while ago in another thread.

Hallo,

I´m using webremote for some days now. It is actually pretty good, very fast and responsive.

I have one mayor problem that occurred yesterday:
I could use webremote quite well on my macbook pro and ipod touch with safari and safari mobile.
But on the ipod touch, now I can not control jriver anymore. I can still browse the files and see what is playing, but when I press "play" or "stop" etc. nothing happens.

Why doesn´t jriver respond to the ipod touch anymore?

Although webremote is a great feature I find some far from optimal:

1) With a large library it can get quite annoying to browse to an artist at the end of the alphabet.
There really should be some kind of sub-filtering in the library like "letters from the alphabet".

2) A search function would be very nice and would also compensate for point 1) .

3) when pressing "play" on a song in an album, the whole album should play, starting from the selected song (the behaviour like in jriver itself), not just one song.

But apart from this little points, which could maybe be solved by people with more html skills, it is really great.
If someone knew why my ipod touch is in browsing-only mode it would be even more perfect....

regards
Flo

cubeasic

• Recent member

You can do this. You need to configure your setup in Webremote section and can filter results by A-D, or A-H, etc. as you like...Matt reminded me of this a while ago in another thread.

Thank you, this should actually work. But this creates another problem:

In Safari I use the "type to search" function a lot with my library. This means while I type, it begins to search and shows me the result immediately. When I create preordered pages for my mobile Safari, I can not search the whole library with my macbook-Safari anymore, only the smaller subpages. So this doesn´t work for me.

debt_collector

• Recent member

Can someone explain this one to me please. I selected Audio and then Artist to listen to some Kasabian. I have thier three albums and to my dismay, web remote displayed all songs in all three albums in alphabetical order! why wouldnt web remote display the tree albums within the Kasabian folder and then display the tacks within each album folder in the normal order? Similarly, when I search for a band name, i get a list of all of their songs in alphabetical order. Why?
Secondly, page numbers have been added to make it easier to scroll through long lists of albums or artists. When will an alphanumeric bar be added (in fairness most free iphone remotes have this function)?

Dan1970

• Recent member

I have been trying to find out if webremote displays the rating of a track that is playing?

If not, is there a way to customize the skin to display it? Did some searching on the wiki but could not find any info on this; is there something like PlaybackInfo.Rating I can use in html?

Changing the rating of a track would also be very nice, but only displaying it would help me a lot.

Thanks.

HiFiTubes

I have been trying to find out if webremote displays the rating of a track that is playing?

If not, is there a way to customize the skin to display it? Did some searching on the wiki but could not find any info on this; is there something like PlaybackInfo.Rating I can use in html?

Changing the rating of a track would also be very nice, but only displaying it would help me a lot.

Thanks.

Shouldn't Rating access be a default part of WebRemote?

riand1

Hello, new at this forum but been using webremote for some months now. Works great with both my Ipod touch 3g and Toshiba Folio 100. I wonder if there is a way to show the externa links (allmusic, wikipedia, amazon etc) in webremote. When I listen to music and use my folio 100 it would have been great to use wikipedia directly to the artist while listening.

Sheugel

• World Citizen

Hi,

Is there a way to "add (play now)" or "add (as next to play)" files through WebRemote.
Do I have to integrate a MCWS function in the html files?
Thanks,

Sheugel

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

cant seem to get replies elsewhere on the forum.

those of you with newest version of jriver. have shuffle showing up on webremote\webplay? on my cellphone HTC HD2 and my GF iphone, we cannot get shuffle to show up? has this been removed?

Thanks

HiFiTubes

I'll check. WebPlay frustrates me on my iPhone. In default form, I have to load individual songs. I'd like to play albums. May look into XPtunes again honestly. I'm sure you can do whatever you want with it, I just don't have time to customize it. No cover art either.

Guess I'm supposed to buy an Android?

Sheugel

• World Citizen

Is there a way to "add (play now)" or "add (as next to play)" files through WebRemote.
Bump

Would it be possible to add "NextToPlay" and "PlayNow" locations for the PlayByKey MCWS function?
Thanks,

Sheugel

Cocophone

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.

Is it possible to refresh a smartlist using the webremote?  I would like to refresh a smartlist that randomly selects songs from a particular genre.

Cocophone

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.

Also, can I use the webremote to pass a command to remote relay to change the volume on my audio receiver.  The computer running media center 15 has an usb-uirt that has an emitter connected to my receiver.  Currently, I have an older version of girder controlling the usb-uirt.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up