INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.8 -- Available Here  (Read 6450 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.8 -- Available Here
« on: March 23, 2010, 09:32:19 am »

This is a beta version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150008.exe
PLEASE READ NEXT POST BEFORE DOWNLOADING

15.0.8 (03/22/2010)

1. Changed: A few fixes and optimizations to make JRiver URL Reader filter work better.
2. Fixed: WASAPI plugin was not available (only applies to last few builds).
3. Fixed: WebRemote could crash during very high activity image serving.
4. NEW: Added support for if(...) statements and loop_no_first / loop_no_last in HTML template engine used for WebRemote.
5. Fixed: WebRemote would show an incorrect item at the end of the list.
6. Optimized: Numerous improvements to WebRemote server performance.
7. Changed: WebRemote skips levels with only one item so going into an artist with one album goes straight to files, etc.
8. Changed: MC will try downloading an MP4 splitter if it fails to render an mp4 video / m4a audio.
9. Changed: Revised WebRemote layout system to use the physical device size for page sizing (like mobile Wikipedia, etc.)
10. Changed: WebRemote no longer shows an empty image in Playing Now when playback is stopped.
11. Fixed: DLNA could expose internal zones like the image playback zone.

15.0.7 (03/17/2010)

1. NEW: JRiver URL Reader filter that helps playing video from the Internet.
2. NEW: Numerous improvements and refinements to the appearance of the default WebRemote template.
3. Fixed: Kernel Streaming didn't show friendly names for devices when running under UAC.
4. Fixed: International characters were not being properly supported when browsing the library with WebRemote.
5. Optimized: Added a caching layer to the search for external art during import, which can substantially improve import performance in cases where there is no art in the tags and there are many files in a single folder.
6. NEW: Added 'Image' section to Options > File Location that is used during camera, clipboard, etc. image acquisition.
7. Changed: Switched Action Window > Acquire Images options dialog to use a base path + directory rule, to match the new Options > File Location system. (both dialogs configure the same settings)
8. Fixed: Installing on a system with Media Center 14 installed could fail in some cases.

15.0.6 (03/16/2010)

1. NEW: Added Kernel Streaming output plugin.
2. NEW: Added internal volume support to JRiver audio renderer.
3. Changed: Removed WebRemote header on all pages except the homepage.
4. Fixed: The splash image didn't list 2010 as the copyright.
5. Fixed: 'Network' options page was not sorted in the list properly.
6. Fixed: Content-Range in partial content in the http server. Messed up end of files when serving files to some DLNA renderers.
7. Changed: Bumped facebook upload image size to 720 pixels.

15.0.5 (03/15/2010)

1. Fixed: Restoring settings with certain library backups could crash / hang.
2. Changed: Improved how WebRemote reports pages should be cached to avoid stale page issues.
3. Changed: WebRemote builds thumbnails as necessary instead of requiring thumbnails to already be built.
4. Changed: Removed legacy 'Remote Server' (Options > Startup > Remote Server) in favor of WebRemote and MCWS.

15.0.4 (03/12/2010)

1. Changed: If all the pieces of DLNA are disabled, no SSDP multicast responder server will be started. (could cause spurious firewall prompt)
2. Fixed: If user selected filters for DVD playback while DVD was playing, the selection would not take effect when playback restarted.
3. Changed: ASIO output plugin supports lower latency settings.
4. NEW: Reworked JRiver audio renderer clocking to provide (hopefully) perfect lip sync with any output plugin.
5. Changed: Renamed 'DLNA' options to 'Network', added a section for Web Remote.
6. Changed: The type selected in Options > Video is remembered when leaving and returning to options. (so testing a given video type with different filters is much easier)
7. Changed: Options > General > Advanced > Features moved up a level to Options > General > Features.

Internal testing build

15.0.2 (03/05/2010)

1. Fixed: Edge snapping did not work nicely in some multimonitor configurations.
2. Fixed: Scheduled television recording of an analog television program would cause MC to crash if JRiver Audio Renderer feature was enabled.

15.0.1 (03/04/2010)

1. NEW: When restoring a library backup, user settings can also be restored.
2. NEW: DLNA Renderers expose a 'presentation URL' to allow control from any web browser (find Media Center zone in Windows 'Network' area, right-click, select Properties, and click the 'Device webpage' link) (not functional yet, just added framework to support the feature)
3. Changed: Added support for [App Version] keyword when customizing the display at the top of the program.
4. Changed: Purchases done through this version (and newer) will receive a Media Center 15 license.
5. Changed: DVD audio/video decoder enumeration is done in JRWorker so that bad filters can not cause crashes.
6. Changed: DSP Studio > Room Correction only applies distance based attenuation across matched speaker sets (phasing correction is still applied across all speakers in play).
7. Changed: Improved JRiver Audio Renderer clocking method to improve lip-sync.
8. Fixed: Netflix feature could fail to authorize user if the computer's clock was off quite a bit.
9. Fixed: If WAV tagging was disabled (the default), setting cover art to the WAV files could still result in the database incorrectly switching the image field to "Inside File".
10. Fixed: Playing an MP3 from a server could make an unnecessary head request back to the server once a second.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 15.0.8 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:33:27 am »

This is an early version of MC15.  Some MC15 features may be unfinished or unstable.

You can transfer your library AND your settings by backing up in MC14 and restoring in MC15 (settings transfer must be checked).  All settings may not transfer successfully.  Thumbnails will need to be rebuilt.

If you have MC14 set to start Media Server on Windows startup, you'll need to turn that off in MC14 and turn it on in MC15.

The same is true for file associations.  Turn them off in MC14 and on in MC15.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 12:03:11 pm »

just installed 15. and wanted to mention even IF (Am hoping to see a locked password option for libraries in theaterview, and editable subtypes, and ability for multiple genres) you guys don't add any other features to 15 i've asked for, i WILL be supporting you on this version for the fact... settings and theaterview views can now be saved.   this is a godsend for me being ive been to this forum many times asking how to tweak things (i know sometimes more then once on the same issue.)

And i know for a fact no matter how well i bookmark there would be issues i misplaced. NOT ANY MORE:)

This will def make jriver easier for most and more appealing to new users as well.

THANK YOU!!! THIS IS AWESOME!

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 12:07:38 pm »

out of curiosity so i dont screw things up... is thumbnails location in the same spot in the registry? i have over 45GB of thumbnails and in previous versions ive had to change location in registry to my D drive Thumbnails which has alot more space then my c Drive.

thank you.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 01:24:54 pm »

last.fm plugin doesn't work

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 08:34:34 am »

I got an update notification this morning telling me that the latest update of 14.0.155 was available.

debt_collector

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 06:45:03 pm »

Where can i find instructions on how to configure the WebRemote?

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 07:18:59 am »

Jeff

cell.shift10

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 11:53:13 am »

Will we need to download and install plugins and codecs to play mp4 file types? And/or will we need to install Quicktime for that as well or can it play mp4 files right off the bat?

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 03:14:32 am »

Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory doesn't work.
Thank from Greece for all this years developement MC !!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up