INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One killer UI improvement MC15 cannot miss.  (Read 1820 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
One killer UI improvement MC15 cannot miss.
« on: March 23, 2010, 11:30:48 pm »

Congratulation on starting at MC15! Here, I will take my best idea out of box (with some repackaging of previous ideas).

PROPOSAL: REAL Right pane navigation for Playlists and "Internal Explorer" .

I assert that productivity boost and mainstream user appeal is guaranteed.

You need motivation? Think of all the reasons left side tree view scheme browsing became obsolete? Guess what,
for most tasks, that is the only mechanism that can be used to manipulate playlists and files/folders. I cannot tell you how many hours I speed rolling my mouse wheel on playlist tree and how difficult it is to convince my wife to make physical location changes using MC explorer. This would solve both problems.

Wait? Can't you already create playlist/Filename view schemes in Thumbnail Views? What is missing?

MC 14 has done excellent job in this direction. Its current functionality is amazingly close to what I want. It really improved my quality of Music life. The feature I propose would look similar to that, but

In addition to double click folder navigation on the right hand side pane

while browsing in "Internal Explorer",

- it would allow moving/deleting/copying files and
- moving files/folders between split views.

Seriously, no brainer, it would work just like Windows Explorer or any other Explorer like product including Picassa.

while browsing playlist folder structure,
- when you click on one playlist on the top, the bottom pane would show playlist items in order (current view scheme approach does not allow maintaining that order).
- it would allow moving/deletion/copying/creation of playlists.

Most importantly: The user would get a unified experience for Thumbnail View Scheme, Internal Explorer and Playlists.

---------------

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: One killer UI improvement MC15 cannot miss.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:55:23 pm »

popular thread  ? maybe post in MC15 board if you didn't ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up