INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS3 only shows one movie until I restart Media Center 15  (Read 3092 times)

cokie

PS3 only shows one movie until I restart Media Center 15
« on: April 15, 2010, 01:17:06 pm »

I've only recently installed Media Center 15 as I would like to stream DVD's to my PS3. I've found the software very intuitive and easy to setup and connect to the PS3. I used the Media Center to rip a copy of my DVD's for testing and found that I could connect to the Media Center from the PS3 and select/play the movie. I had an initial issue with the movie stuttering, but found an issue in my network setup.

The problem that I'm now hitting is that when I select a movie it plays as expected, but if I then stop that movie and select another movie on the Media Center the PS3 just tries to replay the first movie that I selected.

Has anyone else come across this issue with the PS3? Is there a minimum firmware level for the PS3?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: PS3 only shows one movie until I restart Media Center 15
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 08:28:24 am »

I just did some testing and wasn't able to reproduce the problem you're having. Do the movies play fine within Media Center? Can you provide a list of the exact steps you are taking before you experience the problem?  Include which buttons you are pressing and what actions you're taking on the Media Center server side.  Also include the build number of the Media Center software.  Also, do you have the latest PS3 firmware?
Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

cokie

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 02:07:28 pm »

The movies play fine with on the PC that has the media center installed. It just seems to be when I change the PS3 movie that I select in the PS3 menu interface that the previous movie carries on playing. I'm wondering if while I've been testing things out that I've changed a setting that I should have left well alone.  :'(

The PS3 is on firmware version: 3.21

The Media Center version is: 15.0.23

I'm not really doing anything on the Media Center, other than ripping the DVD's, I leave the software running and then go to the PS3 and select the movie.

I'm tempted to remove the software, do I need to remove any registry keys after the uninstall to make sure everything is removed before I re-install?

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 02:37:41 pm »

Did you try restarting Media Center after the rip?  You shouldn't need to do this, but maybe something isn't getting updated.
Does it make any difference if you go back to the main ps3 menu and then back to play the movie?
You don't have to do anything in the registry prior to re-installing.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

notzippy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 02:44:57 pm »

I've noticed this on the PS3 also, (specifically with photos) it seems like it does not request the directory (from MC) the second time you go to the same folder. I think I had to restart the media service in MC in order for the PS3 to recognize the new content..

nz

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 03:22:15 pm »

If you are at a specific place in the PS3 menu system, say photos/albums then restart MC, the container ID's aren't valid any more. This means that the place the PS3 thinks you are is different than where you actually are. From what I've seen, what one needs to do at this point is to go back to the place on the crossbar (say photos) and re-do the search for servers function.

cokie

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 09:53:29 am »

I fixed the problem in the end by removing the Media Center and the re-installing. The only thing that I can think of is that I had messed up the settings which was causing the issue. As soon as I had done this I could stop one movie and start another one on the PS3 without any issues.

Many Thanks for all your help!

Pages: [1]   Go Up