INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Find in File/Cover Art Directory at version 15.0.32 still doesn't work  (Read 2320 times)

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck

Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory doesn't work.
I put an image (.jpg) in the same folder with the mp3 files, i select the files from Media Center and with the right click at the mouse select Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory doesn't work. Then the programm fixed image and file and you can see the image when file plays. This worked with all previous versions of Media Center but not now. It works when i use copy/paste but it creates a new file .jpg inside the folder. Could you fixe it?
Thanks in advance.

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory doesn't work.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:28:14 am »

You'll need to give a little bit more info for us to help. I use this feature a lot and have had no problems.

You can configure this in Options > File Location > Cover Art

kurushi

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 07:43:47 pm »

Hi i yhink you need to delete the picture inside you're mp3 then retry to do a quick Find in File.
make a backup of you're cover in case.

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck

I put an image (.jpg) in the same folder with the mp3 files, i select the files from Media Center and with the right click at the mouse select Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory doesn't work. Then the programm fixed image and file and you can see the image when file plays. This worked with all previous versions of Media Center but not now. It works when i use copy/paste but it creates a new file .jpg inside the folder. Could you fixe it?
Thanks in advance.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 12:49:37 pm »

I am encountering a similar issue.

My images were in c:\MCCovers and I just added an MC directory to this name, modifying it to c:\MC\MCCovers.

I modified the cover art location accordingly.

I was left with quite a number of songs still pointing to the original folder, even after I deleted it. I also have a number of data and video files that point to the original location.

Selecting a file and saying "Quick Find in File" does nothing. The only thing that works is selecting each file, one at a time, and selecting "Add from File".  Then I get the pop-up asking if I want to move the file to my cover art location--um, that's where I just browsed to get it in the first place!

So I'm not sure what is going on. It does not just happen with image files that no longer match the name of the file--it happens with image files that have the exact same name as the name field of the file as well (in the case of Data at least).

A search/replace sure would come in handy here. Without it, I've got lots of manual work ahead of me.'

Edit: in fact, I just checked, and I have over 900 files that are still pointing to the old directory. I honesly can't make those changes one at a time.  And that's just for data  & video files. Any advice?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 01:09:01 pm »

I double checked, and I think the issue might be a bug with the options - cover art location folder not being respected. I looked through my library, and the image file field always points to the previous directory, not my new one (newly indicated in the location field). So my guess is that the program isn't updating the image field according to the directory specified in Options.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

gappie

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 01:09:46 pm »

Edit: in fact, I just checked, and I have over 900 files that are still pointing to the old directory. I honesly can't make those changes one at a time.  And that's just for data  & video files. Any advice?
would it work to copy the folder to its original location. and do a 'save coverart to external location as specified in options' after that. that is how i used to make a backup from my coverart. and then delete the folder.

:)
gab

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 01:25:34 pm »

would it work to copy the folder to its original location. and do a 'save coverart to external location as specified in options' after that. that is how i used to make a backup from my coverart. and then delete the folder.

gab

You de man. I had already copied my original folders back where they were just to get the cover art back. But I didn't know about this option that you recommend. Did the trick perfectly. Thanks gab. Life saver.

maid

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:50:39 pm »

Gab.
I dont save my cover art anywhere except in the same folder as the file. Is this not correct should I also keep a copy?

Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

gappie

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 04:06:33 am »

Life saver.
you saved mine so oft with the manual when i started to use mc.. im glad i could do something back... :)

Gab.
I dont save my cover art anywhere except in the same folder as the file. Is this not correct should I also keep a copy?
i think you are fine. is it still working well?

gab

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 01:50:27 am »

you saved mine so oft with the manual when i started to use mc.. im glad i could do something back... :)
i think you are fine. is it still working well?

gab
Me too but still not working Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory for the mp3 files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up