INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.165 -- Available Here  (Read 14681 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Media Center 14.0.165 -- Available Here
« on: May 06, 2010, 10:38:22 am »

This is the latest build of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/old/MediaCenter140165.exe

MC14 is no longer sold.  Please read about Upgrading to MC15.

14.0.165 (5/5/2010)

1. Fixed: Library Manager did not allow creating a new library entry that pointed to an existing library.

14.0.164 (4/29/2010)

1. Changed: It is no longer possible to create a new library in a non-empty folder (the program requires full control over its library folder, and deletes files in that folder that are obsolete or foreign).

14.0.163 (4/28/2010)

1. Changed: System playlists like 'Top Hits', 'Recently Imported', etc. are translated at display time so changing languages updates the language on the fly. (as a result, names are no longer user editable)
2. Fixed: Pasting multiple files from Explorer to the cover art of files could cause a crash.
3. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks to Junghwnan).

14.0.162 (04/09/2010)

1. Fixed: Doing multiple simultaneous external conversions at once could cause a hang. This is a big change that could affect other parts of MC. Need feedback.
2. Fixed: Pause sent before stop (removed). Was preventing PlugPlayer from advancing to the next track when MC was a DLNA renderer.

14.0.161 (03/30/2010)

1. Changed: Add the file extension for image and audio files served by the DLNA server to fix troubles with some renderers.
2. Fixed: DLNA, transcoded music files could be from 1-8095 bytes short if not falling on a 8096 byte boundary.

14.0.160 (03/26/2010)

1. Fixed: Some AIFF files created in dBpoweramp played with a brief noise at the end.
2. Fixed: The French language was corrupted.

14.0.159 (03/25/2010)

1. Fixed: Turn off video support by default for UPnP devices that don't support video.
2. Fixed: Return sane DLNA strings for the MC renderer which didn't have the full information needed to do so.
3. Fixed: A crash while playing images at the same time as audio in the same zone could leave a dangling 'Images' zone that would cause issues.
4. Changed: Toggling through zones will no longer stop at the internal 'Images' zone used during simultaneous audio and image playback.
5. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Benoit de Corn).
7. Fixed: If a DirectShow DSP property pages are already showing in DSP studio when playback started, the pages appeared to be inactive, until DSP studio is closed and reopened.
8. Fixed: If there was a failure contacting the Netflix API, it would keep trying every 1/4 second forever.

14.0.158 (03/17/2010)

1. Fixed: Content-Range in partial content in the http server. Messed up end of files when serving files to some DLNA renderers.

14.0.157 (03/12/2010)

1. Fixed: Some DLNA renderers were not showing up as zones under playing now. (like wdtvlive).

14.0.156 (03/11/2010)

1. Fixed: Scheduled television recording of an analog television program would cause MC to crash if JRiver Audio Renderer feature was enabled.
2. Fixed: Edge snapping did not work nicely in some multimonitor configurations.
3. Changed: If all the pieces of DLNA are disabled, no SSDP multicast responder server will be started. (could cause spurious firewall prompt)
4. Fixed DLNA image handling problem (resolution wasn't being sent).
5. Changed: DLNA image shrinking to handle all file types (converted automatically to jpegs).
6. Changed: DLNA reports more accurate (based on codec if possible) video for WMC compatible (xbox 360) profiles. (requires updating library from tags for video files).

14.0.155 (03/03/2010)

1. Changed: Improved JRiver Audio Renderer clocking method to improve lip-sync.
2. Fixed: If WAV tagging was disabled (the default), setting cover art to the WAV files could still result in the database incorrectly switching the image field to "Inside File".
3. Fixed: Netflix feature could fail to authorize user if the computer's clock was off quite a bit.

14.0.154 (03/02/2010)

1. Changed: Added support for [App Version] keyword when customizing the display at the top of the program.
2. Changed: Purchases done through this version (and newer) will receive a Media Center 15 license.
3. Changed: DVD audio/video decoder enumeration is done in JRWorker so that bad filters can not cause crashes.
4. Changed: DSP Studio > Room Correction only applies distance based attenuation across matched speaker sets (phasing correction is still applied across all speakers in play).

14.0.153 (03/01/2010)

1. NEW: Added jump on play option "Theater View Playing Now" so playing from Standard View will show Theater View.  Under General/Behavior.
2. Fixed: Right-clicking television playback and selecting "Select Filters..." could crash.
3. Changed: Playback will no longer attempt to support files that report a sample rate less than 0 or greater than one million (corrupt files could cause crashes).
4. Fixed: The rollup state of playlist and podcast view headers was not being saved between view switches and program runs.
5. Fixed: On a fresh install, a 'Default' library entry would not get created in Library Manager, making it difficult to switch back to the default library after loading a different library.
6. Fixed: Zone settings for obsolete zones (like DLNA devices that have been disconnected, etc.) could accumulate in options.
7. Fixed: When looping through a list during in-place editing, the column headers could become mis-aligned with the columns.
8. NEW: Added DSP Studio > Output Format option "For stereo sources, only mix to 2.1".
9. Fixed: Right-clicking television playback and selecting "Select Filters..." resulted in a dialog window with empty drop-down lists.
10. Optimized: Improved internal data movement performance of JRiver Audio Renderer.
11. NEW: When a Blu-ray disc is in the drive, it will appear more nicely inside the program and playing the entry will launch the bdmv in the default player for bdmv files.

14.0.152 (02/26/2010)

1. NEW: Ripped DVD's can be streamed to DLNA renderers .
2. Fixed: Seeking using the JRiver audio renderer could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: MC could fail to play a DVD using FFDShow Video Decoder due to the decoder's lack of Closed Captioning support.
4. Changed: Relaxed the requirement that audio PID must be positive, to allow 0 to be entered, when manually adding a DVB-T channel.
5. Optimized: Reduced chances of WASAPI hiccups when using very low buffer latency settings.
6. Changed: Improved smoothness of the clock provided by the JRiver audio renderer during video playback.
7. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
8. Fixed: The DSP Studio Output Format setting "Surround mixing" was disabled when selecting "Stereo", making it impossible to select JRSS v2.0 for 5.1 or 7.1 downmixing.

14.0.151 (02/24/2010)

1. Fixed: During television playback, the JRiver audio renderer would not be used.
2. Fixed: A timeout when reading from an internet resource could cause a crash.
3. Optimized: When using the JRiver Audio Renderer for video playback, the DSP Studio is managed by the renderer instead of inserting a discrete DSP Studio transform filter in the playback graph.
4. Changed: Revised how clocking in JRiver Audio Renderer works so that it nicely supports tempo and rate changes in DSP Studio (or other similar VST, etc. plugins).
5. Fixed: JRiver audio renderer caused some videos to repeat the last sound byte forever.

14.0.150 (02/23/2010)

1. Fixed: Some WAV tags could cause the program to hang.
2. Fixed: Switching between a Directshow audio filter and a Media Center plugin for audio decoding would unnecessarily do a full-stop transition, making cross-fading, gapless, etc. impossible.
3. Changed: Improved lip-sync when using JRiver audio renderer (may require one seek before lip-sync is correct).
4. Changed: Theater View's Playing Now looks and works better when playback is stopped.
5. Changed: Improved support of mu-law encoded AU files.
6. Fixed: Slim view would incorrectly do Windows 7-like edge snapping. (still snaps to edges, just doesn't fill half the screen)
7. Changed: Playing a physical DVD when connected to a library server that had also played that DVD would not work.
8. Changed: JRiver audio renderer can be used for DVD, TV, and video playback.
9. Fixed: The more sophisticated resampling options from build 148 were not being honored during video playback.

14.0.149 (02/19/2010)

1. Fixed: Theater View list selection wouldn't properly reset to the beginning of a list when navigating into an item.
2. Optimized: Improved program shutdown performance.
3. Fixed: The new Playing Now in Theater View could hide the first file in the list view.
4. Internal: Revised how output plugins are loaded (should be internal change only, please report any issues).
5. Changed: Scheduled television recording will stop a low priority recording if a higher priority recording is scheduled.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 14.0.165 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 10:03:59 pm »

Installed this build tonight and when I tried to use the Vista Sidebar Gadget VSG) it gets stuck on "Connecting..." and eventually times out.  I've been using VSG with MC14 and Windows 7 for a few months now without a problem.  I don't use it constantly, so I'm not sure what may have caused the problem.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 10:16:00 pm »

I figured out the problem was caused by the DLNA plug in being "ON" for my Roku Soundbridge.  Once I turned it off and closed MC14, then reopened MC14, I was able to use the Vista Sidebar Gadget again. 

khaan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 10:07:04 am »

I seem to be having a problem getting this update installed.  When I run it, I'm getting an error from the 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem:  The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.  CS:122f IP:019e:63 6b 65 64 20 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.  Clicking 'Ignore' just makes whatever is happening in the DOS window that opens hang up although nothing is being displayed in this box - all I see is a blinking cursor. I've never encountered this error doing updates before; the computer in question is and has been running Windows Vista Ultimate.  How do I go about fixing this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 10:10:54 am »

I would try a reboot, if you haven't.

Uninstall, reboot, re-install.

Virus checker?

Search for the error on Google.

I haven't seen this one.

khaan

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 10:13:52 am »

One other thing.  I went to download the update from the site and the size of the program is being reported as being 1.1KB!  There is something really wrong here!

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 10:17:32 am »

Try IE.  I just checked and it's working.  It's 16.7MB.

MusicHawk

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 11:56:10 am »

Apparent minor bug -- definite change from prior behavior:

1. Select two tracks that have identical Keywords field values (such as, the same 4 Keywords list values selected for both tracks).

2. Tag action window shows Keywords field as "Varies".

3. OK... Go to this field, uncheck and recheck the same 4 Keywords values -- now they are absolutely identical.

4. But.. Tag action window still shows Keywords as "Varies".

Looking at Keywords of each track individually, the same items are selected, BUT MC lists them in different order. This is probably why the comparison fails, resulting in "Varies". What has changed might be whether MC reliably sorts the saved list, OR whether the list comparision is order-sensitive.

I believe that in 14.0.161 and earlier, when two selected tracks have identical field values in Keywords, Tag action would show a list of the values, not the incorrect term "Varies". The prior behavior was very helpful, otherwise it is necessary to keep checking each track to see if they are identical or not, rechecking, etc.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

MusicHawk

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 03:24:07 pm »

More on the Keywords field bug I reported.

It is definitely caused the MC comparing Keyword fields in the exact item order, and I don't think it used to work this way.

Also, it is incredibly difficult to "fix" this. In The Tag Action windows, if I open one of the records and retype the Keywords list to be exactly like the other record (or simply copy+paste), when I hit Enter the list reverts to the prior order, which then causes the comparision to incorrectly fail.

However, if I manually edit the Keywords field in the View Column, the manual change sticks.

The failed comparison of two lists fields is a pain to deal with.

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 05:29:22 pm »

Hi installed Media Center 14.0.165 and still does not stream video_ts folder eg ifo and vob files correctly. At exactly the same postion the playback skips forward.
Asstated earlier post it does not appear to be related to the method of backing up dvd onto server (WHS Server) as other equipment plays back with no problem. Only MCand PS3 recieving the stream from MC.

MusicHawk

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 10:42:07 am »

BUG? Hard crash when blanking the value of a field via view tree. MC shuts down instantly every time.

1. Very large database

2. I had a column set to Integer, changed it to List. No problem, MC retained all the values. (The purpose was to start using multiple values in this field.)

3. Many (half or more) of the records had no Integer value. MC mostly set these to an empty string/list, as desired.

4. Oddly, 58 records were set from no Integer value to a "0" List value.

5. OK, simple solution. I built a view based on this column, grouped by 1. I selected the group of "0" and tried to simply blank the value. BAM -- MC CRASHED CLOSED. Every time I did this, MC CRASHED.

6. If I went to each of the 58 records and edit the "0" via view-embedded or Tag Action, no problem. I could also select all 58 records in the view, then use embedded or Tag window to edit the 0 to be blank, no problem. Presumably I could also do this via Search/Replace but didn't try that.

This is abnormal behavior based on lots of similar actions. I routinely do a mass edit of many values by changing it in the view tree, such as to correct a typo in an Artist name. This is a fast way to update all the records that are grouped in the tree by that same value. The BUG is that in the above specific scenario, MC crashes.

Guess: There's something about the 58 records where there seemed to be no Integer value, but when converted to List the string value displayed as "0". But likely it wasn't a pure string "0" so while it displayed OK, the view editing mechanism couldn't handle it, while the direct tag editing routine could.

I've already fixed the 58 records and moved on, but reporting this in case it helps.

UPDATE: I also found several dozen records where blank Integer values were converted to List/string values in the 100s range, such as 101, 104, 123, etc. I did not find any of these mystery values higher than 134. When I try to edit these in the view tree to blank them out, MC CRASHES instantly.

So the 2-part bug seems to be that MC converts some blank (nothing showing) Integer values into what seems to be a String value, but it is not compatible with view tree editing, yet can be changed via direct tag editing.

MusicHawk

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 02:24:18 pm »

Another thing that seems to have become broken recently in MC14 (which I'm using for a huge tagging project while MC15 settles down a tad more):

Say I have hundreds of tracks with a custom Artists field that says "Rolling Stones" but sometimes says "rolling stones". Say I want to fix this without having to edit each track. I believe I used to select all the tracks, then edit one instance of the field (Tag action or embedded or view tree) and all the tracks would get updated. Not any more.

This still works to change more of the text than capitalization. But if I just keep the same text but fix the capitalization of multiple tracks, MC ignores the change and does nothing to the tracks. Apparently it is doing a case-insensitive comparison to determine if a record should be updated.

But this is a wrong place to be case-insensitive, and inconsistent with other behavior. For instance, if I select two records with same text but different capitalization, in the Tag window MC shows the field as "Varies" because it does. But as stated above, attempts to do one edit to make both fields the same are ignored. That's not intended behavior, is it?

A workaround it to change the text, such as add a "1" at the end. MC then changes all the tracks. Then re-select them and change to the desired value -- MC changes them again. But it's not intuitive to have to do this, and can be scary to be making correct text "wrong" just to trick MC into accepting data changes.

I don't believe this is how it worked in prior versions. Something happened that changed behavior, and it sure seems to be a regression.

lewcha

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 05:19:20 am »

MC 14 suddenly closes down and says I am unable to continue without downloading one or more updates. After
pressing OK, the download shows as 14.0.165 and I then press download and the process starts. At the end of the download the message is that "download was unsuccessful". I have tried at least 20 times , have closed firewalls, anti virus, rebooted but to no avail. I have also tried to update from the MC14 help with the same results.

lewcha

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 05:55:44 am »

Me again!!!
I just noticed the download link at the top of the page
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140165.exe
and I tried that and - low and behold it worked. I managed to successfully download.
Thank you

melkiades

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 04:22:11 pm »

Hi there,

This link doesn't work anymore:

Media Center 14.0.165 is available here:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140165.exe

I find it very sad that you are unable to maintain available older version of Media Center 14.
We have paid for it and we should be entitled to download it.

Please update the link.

thank you
aa

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 04:44:00 pm »

A quick search found this...

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Old_Versions

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 10:15:55 pm »

BUG # 1

It is impossible to have a Jan 1 release date.

I use an acer windows 10 laptop and choose the 18-Dec-2016 date format in the lower right corner.
This changes the MJ14 date format to the same type. I put the exact day, month and year of song releases, but a bug prevents any Jan-1-.... dates.

BUG #2.

Certain fonts and sizes cause the program to crash!

I changed my font to... and the program crashed. I can't open it, and I can't even uninstall it! It just keeps telling me to finish uninstalling it, but it never goes further. Absurd.

If I download it to attempt to reinstall it, it won't let me because it says I already have another version. But the existing version won't open or uninstall. I'm stuck and can't use it...all because I changed fonts and font size. HELP!

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 10:50:33 pm »

The guilty font style and size is Cambria Math Regular 11.

It causes the program to get stuck and it can't be opened.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 01:31:17 am »

Regarding the font...
I can confirm that setting the font to Cambria Math Regular 11 does indeed cause a crash.
Media Center 14 stores the font info in the registry, in a different format to the current version of MC, Media Center 22.

There is a registry file in the archive attached to this post.
Open the archive and double click the registry file. Allow Windows to add the info to your registry.
It will set your font to Tahoma and allow MC to launch.
You can now pick a different font if you don't like tahoma.

Media Center development is now a long way on from v14 so I'm not sure if this will be fixed. You can at least get back up and running in the meantime by using the attached registry file.
For clarity, the file contains the data shown below:
Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 14\Properties]

"Font Version"=dword:00000004
"Font"=hex:f4,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,90,01,00,00,00,00,\
  00,00,03,02,01,22,54,00,61,00,68,00,6f,00,6d,00,61,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
  00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
"Font Height"="-9"

Out of curiosity, I just tried that Cambria Math font in the current MC version. It doesn't crash the program now, but it does render it all but unuseable. The attached image below shows what happens when picked at size "8".

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up