INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change title above lists  (Read 1259 times)

guy007

• Recent member
How to change title above lists
« on: May 13, 2010, 02:36:20 am »

Hi. Problems with one element of a view scheme. I'm using the split view with two windows at the top and a list of files (movements in my case--classical music) at the bottom. I have a number of columns and can adjust them easily. However, just above the bottom list is a title header which shows [album] by [artist] and on the far right is the [date]. How can I change this header (I did it once but can't remember). I want the title to display [composition] by [composer], and nothing I've tried allows me to edit that header.  Thanks. Guy

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to change title above lists
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 02:43:34 am »

Hi guy!!

You need to create a new, calculated data, library field using the expression [composition] by [composer] and the use the drop menu in the view header to group the list using this new field you just created.

Note that if you had this working before, you may well have the field ready to use, in which case, you can cut straight to the chase and choose to group by that existing field.

-marko.

guy007

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 12:35:23 pm »

Many thanks. Works like it should--when you know how. Guy

guy007

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:08:04 am »

"Drop menu in the view header". When you kindly wrote this some time ago, I must have been able to find the drop menu in the view header, but right now it's one of the mysteries of life. How do I find the "drop menu in the view header?" Instructions for a "computer challenged" guy would be great. Many thanks. Guy

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 02:00:05 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up