INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA streaming video_ts ifo files  (Read 8386 times)

jolly1

• Recent member
DLNA streaming video_ts ifo files
« on: May 22, 2010, 08:05:11 pm »

Hi is there anyone who has streamed video_ts.ifo files to PS3. I have tried differing selection convert video, don't convert. DLNAextra selected and not selected, Paystation3 compatible, selected not selected
The problem is during play back the movie skips  forward. It is if is incorrectly reading the ifo file. When it plays back the picture quality is good.
If I play the video in media center on the pc playback is perfect. But I would like to stream to PS3 in another room.
Or doI report this as a bug.
Any help would be most appreciated

jolly1

• Recent member
Re: DLNA streaming video_ts ifo files
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 01:04:55 pm »

Guess nobody streams ifo files. MC15 appears to be the only device that does, I have searched endlessly to find a server that does. Can find lots of people looking for this ability but have not found anything yet. Well sorry did find one which works. But would still prefer that MC ran DLNA server to PS3 for video_ts.ifo

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:47:56 am »

You should only need the Playstation 3 preset. Convert video and DLNAExtra are not useful for this. We've tried it here and it works for us, though we haven't played whole movies. If your hooked up wirelessly you may have a bandwidth problem depending on your configuration since you are pushing a lot of bits at DVD quality.

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 11:12:02 am »

Hi Bob tried with only the ps3 selected, still jumps. Network is wired at 1 GB. I can play the same movie from within MC15.0.48 with files stored on a network drive and it plays flawlessly. So bandwith is I believe more than adequate. It is not just the one movie that it happens with. The quality is perfect when it jumps forward there is no noticable loss of video quality.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:21:48 am »

Hi Bob tried with only the ps3 selected, still jumps. Network is wired at 1 GB. I can play the same movie from within MC15.0.48 with files stored on a network drive and it plays flawlessly. So bandwith is I believe more than adequate. It is not just the one movie that it happens with. The quality is perfect when it jumps forward there is no noticable loss of video quality.
Thanks for testing!
Can you copy one of the dvd's to the PC's local drive and try again? We are trying to track down where the issue might be.

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 01:35:53 pm »

Hi Bob tried this when the problem first arose. It was the same movie and copied locally and on playing skipped forward at exactly the same postion.

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 01:39:22 pm »

Bob other things I have tried. Have a helios 5000 network player if I play on the Helios it skips at exactly the same place when streamed from media center. When I play via wizd network server running on windows home server to the Helios it plays correctly. Wizd can't streamto ps3 hence going to move to media center.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 09:22:19 am »

Can you name a few movies that don't work? Maybe we can dig up a dvd of them here to try and duplicate this.

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 05:11:00 am »

Hi Bob Star Trek first contact. It jumps past the initial screens showing the Title etc. Then in the scene where the Borg travel back to earth past where Zevrin Cochrane walks out the bar and the attack begins. Guys blown of the roof of building jumps past enterprise destroying the borg sphere and goes straight to the team from enterprise beaming down.

Next Nicholas cage saves the FBI agent from the logs rolling down the hill and just after this jumps to him on the car park roof misses out the interrogation scenes.

As I mentioned it there is no obvious degradation it jumps almost like a scene change.

Hope this helps

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 02:22:48 pm »

Hi was wondering any success in testing the problem with information provided ?

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 09:07:16 am »

Hi Bob Star Trek first contact...
I'll be getting a copy of this title in the next couple of days and I'll look into the problem at that time.  Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 10:02:51 am »

Hi thanks for the update

chelseagroup

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 12:02:35 pm »

I think MS is just playing a sinfle .ifo (?) hence the movie seems to end early.
I played a movie that is 2:14 long and MC starts and it says the movie is only 1:35

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 02:39:42 pm »

Hi the movie I tried when streamed jumps the intro and then further into movie about 10 minutes jumps and misses a large part of the movie. When I play thro media center then plays perfectly. It is only when streamed I have problems

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 09:00:05 am »

Hi I was wondering was this problem ever resolved. Have the latest version and still skips the intro scene in Star Trek First Contact
Pages: [1]   Go Up