INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple computers as dlna wont sync audio playback  (Read 5426 times)

chou

Multiple computers as dlna wont sync audio playback
« on: May 26, 2010, 05:22:03 pm »

Two computers are setted up as dlna devices on the network
I play a selected track on one and from same computer select the other zone (computer 2) and click sync to current zone
the other computer begins playing the same track but the timing is always not synced. It often begins playing songs at 5 sec mark or starting from the beginning of the track regardless of where the time is on computer 1. The 30 day trial is up on my comp so i would not be able to provide with further data to trouble shoot the problem. Would love to buy if this problem is fixed though. Thank You.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Multiple computers as dlna wont sync audio playback
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 05:36:19 pm »

This may be possible in the future.  I can't promise it.

Thanks for taking a look at MC.

chou

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:01:07 pm »

So J River wont sync with other dlna devices? or is it just dlna computers running J river?
What if I bought a third computer and have it run dedicated as a library server and have two other computers running j river from that library as dlna players? Would those two players sync?
I am sorry if i am not very well versed in the technicalities and languages of this topic. I don't really understand them that much.
I am planning on a whole home audio system that is based on computers. I simply can't imagine using a single computer running usb extenders throughout the house cutting through walls and ending in DACs.
Having a htpc in each room connected to the home wireless network syncing with each other makes much more sense. Personally I don't think that J river can be claimed to have zonning capabilities if it can't even sync with other computers. Thank You.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 12:09:01 am »

Being in sync, or not, has more to do with latency... in the soundcards, and in the network, than a function of J River's software.
Even if you were playing to 2 zones which are both sound cards in the same machine you likely won't get them to sync perfectly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up